It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm glad you posted this, Macos. I was hoping it was the right file when I saw the filename was "setup_legend_of_grimrock_1.0.0.8.exe". Glad to hear that it's just an oversight in the filename and that the correct version installs.
This is a stupid way to handle a patch. I also have the issue of the version not changing from 1.1.3 even after installing from the 1.0.0.8 setup file.

I'm just going to skip it until the devs do an actual patch. Not worth the hassle of a clean reinstall.
The game is only a 300 some odd MB file why you complaining about reinstalling this one?

I could understand if this was Witcher or something. But this shouldnt' take very long to back up saves, uninstall and reinstall.

Hopefully they come up with a better system before they start getting more bigger new games. But in the meantime, reinstalling a small game like this isn't that big of a deal.
Rehevkor: This is a stupid way to handle a patch. I also have the issue of the version not changing from 1.1.3 even after installing from the 1.0.0.8 setup file.

I'm just going to skip it until the devs do an actual patch. Not worth the hassle of a clean reinstall.
Well, honestly, what kind of hassle are we really talking about here?!
Double-click uninstall->"keep saves" message -> click YES->Double-click new setup->done... the ABC of running a PC

The only slightly annoying part is the d3dx9_43.dll bug, but we already know the simple solution to that
Post edited April 24, 2012 by Antaniserse
Is there a new patch already? The installer is 477mb and says it's 1.0.0.12. Or did I miss something? D:
jardacalling: Is there a new patch already? The installer is 477mb and says it's 1.0.0.12. Or did I miss something? D:
It's just an installer update not the game update. We added DirectX 9 installer for those who were experiencing problems with missing .dll files.
Bought and downloaded the game today, but I doesn't start. I fixed the d3d dll issue, but it still doesn't start.
The game terminates directly after start without any message on windows xp. No Game screen at all. It just terminates directly after starting grimrock.exe.

How can I fix that?
OK, I found a hint: the documents folder ist located on a network drive and I cannot change that. Is there any solution to do a work around (use another folder instead?)