after re-installing check the harddrive with a defrag just to make sure.
Defrag won't do shit on an ssd. ;-)
Did this after consulting with the gog.com support center:
1) Please make sure that you use "Run as Administrator" to install and to start the game (right-click on the shortcut or setup file and select "Run as Administrator").
=> program installed & run as admin
2) Please reinstall the game AND add it to your anti-virus/firewall software's exception/trusted list. Simply disabling firewall or AV software could not be enough, since some of these software are running still in background or in services list. If you are using Galaxy, then please add Galaxy as well.
=> the whole games directory (kingsway included) was already added to the exception/trusted list
3) Please download and install DirectX Web Installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
=> the DirectX Web Installer reports that the same or newer version is already installed
4) Please update your graphics device drivers (please use stable drivers, because we are unable to support beta drivers, do not use auto-detect tool): http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
=> did a "clean" (according to the setup) radeon install with the latest driver (17.7.1)
5) Maybe you have some settings forced on your graphics device in Radeon Settings. If so then try to reset them:
I) Right-click on your desktop and select Radeon Settings.
II) Select Preferences -> Restore Factory Defaults.
=> restored the factory default in the radeon settings
Does not change anything, still crashes on launch.
At the moment I actually consider taking the offered "money back" option, because the game unplayable.
I'd take the money back if it's offered and pick it up later then; I'm not sure at all why it's not working for you at this point since I'm not a Dev for the game. It's odd that it's not running for you though.