It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cannot get this to run on my new laptop with windows 11. I have a tone of other games running so far. I have tried swapping for voodoo. Downloading cd version stuff and changing compatibility settings. Also tried running it in a simple folder from c drive. Nothing.
Well, you've provided a litany of non-information.
Which one, for starters?
Oh sorry I thought this was for kings quest 8. Didn't realize it was just for Kings Quest in general.
I managed to get it working. look for these two video's on the net

Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity - Install Part 1

Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity - Install Part 2

after that set the compatibility to windows xp service pack 2.

After that it ran but I crashed if i tried to pay the intro movie.
phase.verocity: I managed to get it working. look for these two video's on the net

Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity - Install Part 1

Kings Quest: Mask of Eternity - Install Part 2

after that set the compatibility to windows xp service pack 2.

After that it ran but I crashed if i tried to pay the intro movie.
might be your graphic card Nvidia vs your processor. Try setting your graphic card inn your settings to run on either your processor or on your graphic card processor only. Some games have trouble if the workload is split.
second maybe your processor in general. Turn down the amount of cores that are being used. This works for instance with tombraider with startup problems.