It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Fixed random encounters bug.
- Adds support for Nvidia Ansel and Shadowplay.
JRfromWarhorse: - Fixed random encounters bug.
I was honestly expecting to see the new patch up today (and hopefully not as a full 32+ GB installer this time).

Any tentative idea about 1.4? From what I understand Mr. Vavra tweeted last week to expect 1.4 in "two weeks," but I suppose there was at least a week of a delay.

Would appreciate some approximated date of 1.4 release... had to put the game on back-burner due to some issues that have yet to be addressed - hopefully in 1.4
Lukaszmik: I was honestly expecting to see the new patch up today (and hopefully not as a full 32+ GB installer this time).

Any tentative idea about 1.4? From what I understand Mr. Vavra tweeted last week to expect 1.4 in "two weeks," but I suppose there was at least a week of a delay.

Would appreciate some approximated date of 1.4 release... had to put the game on back-burner due to some issues that have yet to be addressed - hopefully in 1.4
Check out Dan's twitter. 1.4 is being tested and should be out next week IF they do not find any new bugs caused by it.
Lukaszmik: I was honestly expecting to see the new patch up today (and hopefully not as a full 32+ GB installer this time).

Paul_cz: Check out Dan's twitter. 1.4 is being tested and should be out next week IF they do not find any new bugs caused by it.
Where is the 1.3.4 Kingdom Come Deliverance GOG patch? I can't download it despite it was officially launched... There is only 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 patch... Do GOG users have to wait longer than Steam ones? If so, I would think twice next time when purchasing.
Paul_cz: Check out Dan's twitter. 1.4 is being tested and should be out next week IF they do not find any new bugs caused by it.
SGO87: Where is the 1.3.4 Kingdom Come Deliverance GOG patch? I can't download it despite it was officially launched... There is only 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 patch... Do GOG users have to wait longer than Steam ones? If so, I would think twice next time when purchasing.
Updated on Galaxy. Seems GOG doesn't care that much about classic installers... :(
I suppose it will come with some delay.
SGO87: Where is the 1.3.4 Kingdom Come Deliverance GOG patch? I can't download it despite it was officially launched... There is only 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 patch... Do GOG users have to wait longer than Steam ones? If so, I would think twice next time when purchasing.
Lone_Scout: Updated on Galaxy. Seems GOG doesn't care that much about classic installers... :(
Thanks for the reply! Absolutely, that's how it looks... GOG is not as beautiful as it sounded at first... It's a shame that they pretend to be different than Steam but apply the same criteria with Galaxy. So, apparently, are we all retarded nowadays that we cannot even install anymore a patch without breaking a game? If I wanted stupid non-sense requirements, I would have bought the game through Steam...

In fact, classic installers are downloaded faster than through GOG installers. This deserves a proper complaint to GOG for discriminating some of their users, despite they had paid the same price.
Post edited March 24, 2018 by SGO87
I think I'll just wait until the 1.4 patch is released, as hopefully that get the game nearer to being the "finished" product, but thanks for keeping us updated on GOG and hopefully you'll keep interacting with your customers here. :)
I’d also like to know if and when 1.3.4 will be available. For now I guess Steam users are beta testing.
LtMud: I’d also like to know if and when 1.3.4 will be available. For now I guess Steam users are beta testing.
1.3.4 is already available via GOG Galaxy, although the classic installer hasn't gone beyond 1.3.3 yet.

Either way, I'm waiting until the 1.4 patch is ready. I haven't played the game yet, even though I pre-ordered it, but don't want the experience to be tarnished by too many bugs or performance issues.
Lone_Scout: Updated on Galaxy. Seems GOG doesn't care that much about classic installers... :(
SGO87: Thanks for the reply! Absolutely, that's how it looks... GOG is not as beautiful as it sounded at first... It's a shame that they pretend to be different than Steam but apply the same criteria with Galaxy. So, apparently, are we all retarded nowadays that we cannot even install anymore a patch without breaking a game? If I wanted stupid non-sense requirements, I would have bought the game through Steam...

In fact, classic installers are downloaded faster than through GOG installers. This deserves a proper complaint to GOG for discriminating some of their users, despite they had paid the same price.
Steam uses DRM if the developer wants it, GOG does not; Gog provides you with installable copies of your games, Steam does not.

Galaxy allows the developers to update their own games directly through the GOG channel--just like Steam. But for manual downloading, the update comes to GOG who then have to create their own installable patch--which takes time. It's always been this way at GOG. That's why the manual updates take longer to appear than those in Galaxy. GOG is still demonstrably better than Steam, any way you look at it. Solution: Use Galaxy just for updating your games, and then run them outside of Galaxy by simply creating a shortcut from your game exe. Then later, when the manual update arrives--download it to keep your game copy up-to-date.
SGO87: Thanks for the reply! Absolutely, that's how it looks... GOG is not as beautiful as it sounded at first... It's a shame that they pretend to be different than Steam but apply the same criteria with Galaxy. So, apparently, are we all retarded nowadays that we cannot even install anymore a patch without breaking a game? If I wanted stupid non-sense requirements, I would have bought the game through Steam...

waltc: Steam uses DRM if the developer wants it, GOG does not; Gog provides you with installable copies of your games, Steam does not.

Galaxy allows the developers to update their own games directly through the GOG channel--just like Steam. But for manual downloading, the update comes to GOG who then have to create their own installable patch--which takes time. It's always been this way at GOG. That's why the manual updates take longer to appear than those in Galaxy. GOG is still demonstrably better than Steam, any way you look at it. Solution: Use Galaxy just for updating your games, and then run them outside of Galaxy by simply creating a shortcut from your game exe. Then later, when the manual update arrives--download it to keep your game copy up-to-date.
Your solution might be valid for you, but not for me. I'm not naive enough to think that auto-install won't never mess up your game and will require to full install the game, corrupting some saves, etc. I work as programmer and I often see unexpected behaviours, so I'm just mature enough to know how to install the games by my own. If you require any additional help or don't mind to be treated as retarded, it's fine but not my problem.

I decided to buy the game because of Classic Installers non-dependant on any online application. However, I just have to wait the full weekend just because GOG decided to focus first on their GOG Galaxy users than the other ones. If you change your plans according to the company's will, it's your problem, but don't tell me what I have to do in order to get the product I have bought, actually paying the same price as you but getting patches with delay.

I'm not naive enough to think as well that it takes longer time to make a 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 patch than to get a full 1.3.4 game version ready for GOG Galaxy users (either you get it for both kind of users or you don't get for anyone, as it apparently takes huge skills to make a patch installer...), but here is where the problem lies: GOG Galaxy is optional and not mandatory in the advertisement, but at the end, it seems that they "promote" their users to use Galaxy or you won't get updates on time. If GOG had told me about it before (like you won't have the same preference for receiving game patches if you don't use our "optional" service), I might have decided to buy it in another platform instead, in order to be required non-sense requirements, but this is not what was advertised.

It's kind of "cool" marketing to pretend you're an alternative to Steam, but for the moment, GOG has behaved in the same way. Let's see what's their attitude toward future patches in order to make a final conclusion and act accordingly for the current purchase or next ones.
SGO87: Your solution might be valid for you, but not for me.
I fully agree with SGO87.

If the "optional" Galaxy release receives a much faster support, then it's "optional" in name only. Add to this the fact that Galaxy apparently had actual patch support from the get-go, while stand-alone installers (both Classic and GOG Downloader) required full game re-download, and this is not a pleasing situation given GOG's "core pledge" to continue non-Galaxy support.

While I appreciate the fact that somebody has to presumably compile non-Galaxy patches, the blunt truth of it is that this is not our concern as customers. I still do not see the 1.3.4 patch in either Classic or GOG Downloader section two days later.

Sure, it's the weekend, but that's precisely when a lot of us actually have time to enjoy some gaming.

So, either GOG is retracting it's "core pledge," or not delivering on its promise. Either way, it's not a favorable approach for a company that was built on "customers first" business model.

The lack of communication from GOG team in itself is incredibly surprising, especially considering the ongoing SNAFU with KC:D patches.
SGO87: Your solution might be valid for you, but not for me.
Lukaszmik: I fully agree with SGO87.

If the "optional" Galaxy release receives a much faster support, then it's "optional" in name only. Add to this the fact that Galaxy apparently had actual patch support from the get-go, while stand-alone installers (both Classic and GOG Downloader) required full game re-download, and this is not a pleasing situation given GOG's "core pledge" to continue non-Galaxy support.

While I appreciate the fact that somebody has to presumably compile non-Galaxy patches, the blunt truth of it is that this is not our concern as customers. I still do not see the 1.3.4 patch in either Classic or GOG Downloader section two days later.

Sure, it's the weekend, but that's precisely when a lot of us actually have time to enjoy some gaming.

So, either GOG is retracting it's "core pledge," or not delivering on its promise. Either way, it's not a favorable approach for a company that was built on "customers first" business model.

The lack of communication from GOG team in itself is incredibly surprising, especially considering the ongoing SNAFU with KC:D patches.
Thanks for your reply, Lukaszmilk. Glad to confirm I'm not the only one getting that impression.

This is GOG's reply:

"Hello,
Unfortunately we were unable to release a standalone installer for this patch due to technical problems. I am afraid that you will have to redownload the whole game.
I apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Beta Ray Bill
GOG.com Support"

However, there is only KCD 1.3.3 game version available on Classic Installers and GOG Links. Where the hell am I supposed to download the full 1.3.4 game if not through Galaxy? So, is it through your "optional" Galaxy or nothing, isn't it?

This is quite frustrating. I really want to support Warhorse Studios for having the courage of releasing this kind of game despite adverse odds, while changing video games approach to a more mature and historically accurate scene. However, GOG is really easing the decision of demanding full reimbursement if they don't fix this situation as soon as possible, and don't repeat either this situation again.

P.S: There is a patch included (1.3.2 to 1.3.3) within Classic Installers/GOG links, so it should be possible to create a 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 patch as well that doesn't require us to full install the game. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem GOG's priority...
Post edited March 26, 2018 by SGO87
waltc: Steam uses DRM if the developer wants it, GOG does not; Gog provides you with installable copies of your games, Steam does not.

SGO87: Your solution might be valid for you, but not for me. I'm not naive enough to think that auto-install won't never mess up your game and will require to full install the game, corrupting some saves, etc. I work as programmer and I often see unexpected behaviours, so I'm just mature enough to know how to install the games by my own. If you require any additional help or don't mind to be treated as retarded, it's fine but not my problem.

I decided to buy the game because of Classic Installers non-dependant on any online application. However, I just have to wait the full weekend just because GOG decided to focus first on their GOG Galaxy users than the other ones. If you change your plans according to the company's will, it's your problem, but don't tell me what I have to do in order to get the product I have bought, actually paying the same price as you but getting patches with delay.

I'm not naive enough to think as well that it takes longer time to make a 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 patch than to get a full 1.3.4 game version ready for GOG Galaxy users (either you get it for both kind of users or you don't get for anyone, as it apparently takes huge skills to make a patch installer...), but here is where the problem lies: GOG Galaxy is optional and not mandatory in the advertisement, but at the end, it seems that they "promote" their users to use Galaxy or you won't get updates on time. If GOG had told me about it before (like you won't have the same preference for receiving game patches if you don't use our "optional" service), I might have decided to buy it in another platform instead, in order to be required non-sense requirements, but this is not what was advertised.

It's kind of "cool" marketing to pretend you're an alternative to Steam, but for the moment, GOG has behaved in the same way. Let's see what's their attitude toward future patches in order to make a final conclusion and act accordingly for the current purchase or next ones.
You are mostly right, but I think you are overreacting, there is no need to get so upset when a minor patch of a game gets some delay. Besides, the game was updated last friday's afternoon and most GOG team members don´t work on weekends.
Don't get me wrong. There is need for much improvement in GOG.com. But, from my experience, it is the best DRM-Free retailer right now. I only buy DRM-Free games and from what I´ve found in other stores GOG offers the best service so far. In other distributors, there can be a delay between the steam version release and the DRM-Free release of the same version of several weeks. Just to list a feature in which they fall behind GOG...
Still, GOG service needs to continue improving, but I think it is on the right track to it. Not so long ago, if you chose to get a DRM-Free game, you would normally get a downgraded game, that lacked multiplayer or a regular updating among other things. With the time being, this is changing and now we expect to get the same features, as we are paying the same price. We are no longer second-class players. We have the right to ask for a good service and we must do it to continue advancing in this direction. But please don't get it out of proportion.
SGO87: Your solution might be valid for you, but not for me. I'm not naive enough to think that auto-install won't never mess up your game and will require to full install the game, corrupting some saves, etc. I work as programmer and I often see unexpected behaviours, so I'm just mature enough to know how to install the games by my own. If you require any additional help or don't mind to be treated as retarded, it's fine but not my problem.

Lone_Scout: You are mostly right, but I think you are overreacting, there is no need to get so upset when a minor patch of a game gets some delay. Besides, the game was updated last friday's afternoon and most GOG team members don´t work on weekends.
Don't get me wrong. There is need for much improvement in GOG.com. But, from my experience, it is the best DRM-Free retailer right now. I only buy DRM-Free games and from what I´ve found in other stores GOG offers the best service so far. In other distributors, there can be a delay between the steam version release and the DRM-Free release of the same version of several weeks. Just to list a feature in which they fall behind GOG...
Still, GOG service needs to continue improving, but I think it is on the right track to it. Not so long ago, if you chose to get a DRM-Free game, you would normally get a downgraded game, that lacked multiplayer or a regular updating among other things. With the time being, this is changing and now we expect to get the same features, as we are paying the same price. We are no longer second-class players. We have the right to ask for a good service and we must do it to continue advancing in this direction. But please don't get it out of proportion.
To be fair, I got another email from GOG:

"Hello,
I sincerely apologise, I misread your message and assumed you were asking about one of the previous patches which really had technical problems.
Standalone installers for 1.3.4 are going to be published as soon as they clear the testing, which is going to be today if there are no problems.
Usually patches are published through Galaxy client sooner because many developers have direct access to uploading them there - standalones have to be first built and tested as they can't be rolled back in case there are any bugs (while Galaxy has such functionality).

Regards,
Beta Ray Bill
GOG.com Support"

I appreciate your comment, Lone_Scout.

I decided to support Warhorse Studios through GOG due to DRM-free game and no online requirements for installation and playing, no doubt about it. It's my first experience with GOG, Warhorse Studios released the patch quite late last Friday and probably I'm overreacting. As it was said before, some of us only have the chance to play the game on the weekends. However, I just wanted to make sure that I was not the only one not getting the patches on time, neither the only one who gets annoyed if a patch gets delayed for not using an "optional" platform, either the only one who got the impression that Galaxy users get priority.

If this situation happens again and again, it won't be mere chance but a company priority policy, which was not advertised in the marketing. That's when the people who have paid the same quantity than Galaxy users can get annoyed for lower quality service. So there's still a lot of improvement to be made and I hope that this situation does not happen again in normal circumstances.

By the way, games industry was not like that some years ago, you had the chance to get a fully updated game by CD/DVDs before Steam, and to download the patches from publishers... sweet times.

P.S: GOG has already uploaded the 1.3.4 patch in Classic Installers.
Post edited March 26, 2018 by SGO87