It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bought the game recently, during the "Made in Poland" sale.

(1) JH is fun. I keep dying stupidly due to my own impatience, but I expect that from bona fide roguelikes. Dying because I think I have a firefight under control, and suddenly get flanked? Even better.

(2) In DoomRL, players gained exp for when an enemy died irrespective if you actively killed it yourself. In JH, I recently had a fire fiend kill few grunts the the first few turns and had 0 exp. Bug or feature?

(3) Medical Stations option #3 to raise MaxHP initially adds 40% pain, but by the time the player navigates the menus to regain control, pain is reduced to 21%. Bug or feature?

(4) Keybinding 'C' for the 'character' screen is not listed in help screen->keybindings.

(5) it's hard to quickly differentiate between different types of humans. Stopping to see if anyone is wearing a sergeant's red hat slightly breaks the pace of combat. This didn't occur in DoomRL console since ASCII characters and colors are visually distinct. Based on your framework, would it be difficult to overlay distinct insignia on different enemies types whenever the player holds down the z button?

I am personally going to switch to JH console whenever it gets rolled out, so I expect that this eventually won't be an issue for me. But I hear that some people prefer graphics in their roguelikes, and overlaying enemies with insignia might help players to quickly distinguish between different humans without resorting to new assets.
JasonMiao: Bought the game recently, during the "Made in Poland" sale.

(1) JH is fun. I keep dying stupidly due to my own impatience, but I expect that from bona fide roguelikes. Dying because I think I have a firefight under control, and suddenly get flanked? Even better.
Thank you!
JasonMiao: (2) In DoomRL, players gained exp for when an enemy died irrespective if you actively killed it yourself. In JH, I recently had a fire fiend kill few grunts the the first few turns and had 0 exp. Bug or feature?
We're constantly on the edge with this. On Io (3rd episode) there's a lot of infighting as there are two opposing factions. If the player got the XP for every death, that would make the optimal way to play through Io to just wait until as much enemies kill themselves as possible. We like the idea that there's a war going on, so we decided to only award direct kills (but the kills for the 100% requirement are still counted).
JasonMiao: (3) Medical Stations option #3 to raise MaxHP initially adds 40% pain, but by the time the player navigates the menus to regain control, pain is reduced to 21%. Bug or feature?
Kinda both. The pain is flavor, but the time for station usage passes when you exit the station, so that you don't get shot at/killed while in a menu.
JasonMiao: (5) it's hard to quickly differentiate between different types of humans. Stopping to see if anyone is wearing a sergeant's red hat slightly breaks the pace of combat. This didn't occur in DoomRL console since ASCII characters and colors are visually distinct. Based on your framework, would it be difficult to overlay distinct insignia on different enemies types whenever the player holds down the z button?
We don't want to introduce a new button as we don't want to add functionality that is not available on a controller - and we're very low on buttons there. Maybe as a part of SHIFT functionality. We do however plan to make the distinctions a little more visible. You can also always look at the top right.