It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

I can't find Skyrider, I acquired the quest by talking to Waldo to find it and explore the areas listed in the different forums:

D12, E14, C16, B15.

Unfortunately, it is never in any of these areas, and I never receive the notification message that appears in the strategy map:

"Your squad has noticed someone in Sector xx".

And even if I decide to fully explore those areas just to be sure, he never finds it there!!

Is there a possibility that if we wait too long to start/end this quest, Skyrider could get killed?

If that's the case, I can definitely say goodbye to his helicopter.
Post edited September 04, 2019 by thedkm
This question / problem has been solved by townltuimage
At some point, probably when you start a new game according to gameInit.lua of a 1.13 install,
the game randomly selects one of the 4 sectors for Shyrider to appear with his house.
So even if he was killed for some reason, although the devs appear to have taken care that it does not happen,
you should at least see his house in one of the possible four sectors.
If so check that sector again, comb the whole or use gabbi cheat -> alt+e to confirm he is not there,
if he is not there he may have indeed died for some unknown reason,
and if even none of those sectors contain his house
he may have glitched into oblivion whenever the game determines his sector.

However it may be possible to get him into the game nevertheless, by using the map editor,
try to place him in a sector of the map which you have not yet explored,
because the data of already visited sectors flows into the save games,
so changing smth in such a sector afterwards has no effect.
(perhaps except for 1.13 where that barrier may be broken with some lines in one of the lua scripts)
His npc script with the "recruit me until I drop out when 11 tiles away from tile 8842 of B13" stuff
should work independent from the sector where you speak to him 1st.
Post edited September 04, 2019 by townltu
townltu: At some point, probably when you start a new game according to gameInit.lua of a 1.13 install,
the game randomly selects one of the 4 sectors for Shyrider to appear with his house.
So even if he was killed for some reason, although the devs appear to have taken care that it does not happen,
you should at least see his house in one of the possible four sectors.
If so check that sector again, comb the whole or use gabbi cheat -> alt+e to confirm he is not there,
if he is not there he may have indeed died for some unknown reason,
and if even none of those sectors contain his house
he may have glitched into oblivion whenever the game determines his sector.

However it may be possible to get him into the game nevertheless, by using the map editor,
try to place him in a sector of the map which you have not yet explored,
because the data of already visited sectors flows into the save games,
so changing smth in such a sector afterwards has no effect.
(perhaps except for 1.13 where that barrier may be broken with some lines in one of the lua scripts)
His npc script with the "recruit me until I drop out when 11 tiles away from tile 8842 of B13" stuff
should work independent from the sector where you speak to him 1st.
Thank you for your help, in fact he was in the B13 sector (the airport) not far from Pablo in one of the houses on the left side.

Thank you anyway.
Post edited September 05, 2019 by thedkm