It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all the intro sequence plays fine, sound is fine, but the new game screen is messed up and after that it gets a bit sketchy, the intro with the old man and his fit daughter was ok but now doesn't run. The credits run and then the intro is ok aswell. Anyway then the game doesn't run

I've tried to change display output, ems, xms, vga only options but i aren't getting anywhere, any ideas?

Regards
Stekahedron: Hi all the intro sequence plays fine, sound is fine, but the new game screen is messed up and after that it gets a bit sketchy, the intro with the old man and his fit daughter was ok but now doesn't run. The credits run and then the intro is ok aswell. Anyway then the game doesn't run

I've tried to change display output, ems, xms, vga only options but i aren't getting anywhere, any ideas?

Regards
I just got this game myself and ran it on Windows 7. The first thing I noticed was that the color scheme was all messed up when on Fullscreen mode but looked ok on the tiny boxed mode. I don't know if this is the problem you are having but if it is or if someone else has it, it is easy to fix.

The Jagged Alliance folder that was created holds two files called dosboxja and dosboxja_setup. These files open up in Notepad. What you have to do is just change in the 3rd paragraph the line that says output=surface to output=opengl after this it worked perfectly.

The only snag might be that GOG installs the game with only read rights and you can't overwrite the file. So just go up to the folder that was installed and right click it for Properties and on the Security tab make sure the user/(name of computer)/etc. profile has the WRITE ability turned on. After that, you are set.

Hope it helps.
This helped me certainly. Got the game running, though it crashed later anyway :/ Might be a Dual screen issue, sometimes that has undesired effects on older games.
works fine for me but i didnt really even play past the title screen without 1.13

EDIT pay no attention to the fact you were talking about ja1 and i was talking about ja2 nope no stupid to see here
Post edited June 18, 2013 by manpear
Stekahedron: Hi all the intro sequence plays fine, sound is fine, but the new game screen is messed up and after that it gets a bit sketchy, the intro with the old man and his fit daughter was ok but now doesn't run. The credits run and then the intro is ok aswell. Anyway then the game doesn't run

Regards
Buenro-games: I just got this game myself and ran it on Windows 7. The first thing I noticed was that the color scheme was all messed up when on Fullscreen mode but looked ok on the tiny boxed mode. I don't know if this is the problem you are having but if it is or if someone else has it, it is easy to fix.

The Jagged Alliance folder that was created holds two files called dosboxja and dosboxja_setup. These files open up in Notepad. What you have to do is just change in the 3rd paragraph the line that says output=surface to output=opengl after this it worked perfectly.

The only snag might be that GOG installs the game with only read rights and you can't overwrite the file. So just go up to the folder that was installed and right click it for Properties and on the Security tab make sure the user/(name of computer)/etc. profile has the WRITE ability turned on. After that, you are set.

Hope it helps.
This fixed it for me. Thanks!