It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fearlessjay: Just to add that I have both wireless and non wireless 360 controllers, and the wired one shows the correct keys to press. The wireless one just has button 1, 13, etc.
Interesting. Why would that be? Any suggestions for fixing this would be much appreciated!
jonaschl: I looked at the options, there it says button 1,2,3,etc. That's my question, why does this version not have the proper labellings?
king_mosiah: That's how Direct input is mapped, all the buttons are assigned with a number, Xinput (what a 360 pad uses) is a newer standard and this game never supported it. As for why the GOG team did not add Xinput, it was likely not something that could be done easily.
Why would it work with a wired 360 pad though. Are the wired ones direct input and the wireless ones Xinput?
BrandeX: I was referring to the other posters in this thread that said it doesn't work with a 360 controller, nor with X input.
Didn't mean to offend with my reply. I understand you now.
Post edited June 17, 2013 by jonaschl
jonaschl: Ok, I want to play this game with a 360 pad. The menus, however, and the in-game tutorial messages give me that stupid button 1, button 6 etc. crap. I thought this game was released for the xbox as well? On youtube I have seen versions of the game with the proper button labellings.

Any way to get the proper labels into the game?
Apart from a mod? No, but its not hard to memorize the D-Input buttons, and its not like anyone LOOKS at the controller as they are playing anyway.
jonaschl: Ok, I want to play this game with a 360 pad. The menus, however, and the in-game tutorial messages give me that stupid button 1, button 6 etc. crap. I thought this game was released for the xbox as well? On youtube I have seen versions of the game with the proper button labellings.

Any way to get the proper labels into the game?
king_mosiah: Apart from a mod? No, but its not hard to memorize the D-Input buttons, and its not like anyone LOOKS at the controller as they are playing anyway.
It is simply a matter of convenience. I thought maybe there is a solution out there since it has been released on steam.
Saberdark: I'm using the GOG version with a wired 360 controller and I have the correct button labels.
That's great. :D
Could you please post some screenshots?