It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all, I recently wanted to play this game all over again but couldn't originally get it to run still on Windows 10 64 bit without some tweaking and trial and error. I had the following issues to start with:
* Game crashes instantly
* Mouse / keyboard is unresponsive
* Framerate is choppy, almost like its capped at 20-30fps

Firstly the following steps STILL worked for me playing the game later on, (after making the tweaks later):
* Installing into a nested folder, such as Program Files x86 etc
* Installing via GOG Galaxy

Next I found the following seemed to work for me. Firstly, make sure the game MUST be run at least once (in-case config files have to be generated etc), even if you're getting issues. If you're having unresponsive issues, just force close the application via the task manager.

Secondly, now navigate to your GOG Galaxy folder where il2 is located. Edit the file in Notepad called 'conf.ini' and set these variables to something more reasonable, for example:
* width=1024
* height=768
* ColourBits=16
* DepthBits=24
* StencilBits=8
* ChangeScreenRes=1
* FullScreen=0

Now the next step is important, DO NOT run the game through GOG Galaxy. Instead, run the application directly, which should be named 'il2fb.exe'. This is what now finally worked for me!

Now once the game is loaded and functioning, you can change the settings to what you need. I still found my framerate was oddly capping or stuttering, so I also resolved this by changing the renderer mode in 'Video Modes' (i think its called) from OpenGL to DirectX. Even though the game restarts itself, I would recommend closing it completely and reloading it again, this solved a lot of glitches.

I hope this all helps! Again this is from my experience of getting it to work and I hope it can help resolve your issues! Happy flying! :)
Post edited August 29, 2020 by Jazzbyte123
nothing happens when i click il2fb.exe this game is broken on windows 10
Worked great for me, I also set my game to compatibility with Win7 mode. This post should be pinned tbh.
copyableaphid52: nothing happens when i click il2fb.exe this game is broken on windows 10
Also works for me without game compatibility.
The game produces log files. The reason for the crash is probably there, It's a good place to start.
May be we can help with your problem?
note: in my case, the game filled a few "%20" instead of simple spaces in the conf.ini options, which is why certain modifications in the menu were not saved.
But if I remember correctly, this is a well-known bug for localized installations.
Post edited 3 days ago by pcgyver