It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The version I have is the GOG version which seems to take me directly into the Pacific Fighters expansion. As searchig for answers to my questions have failed me, I'll try here:

Is the base game and other expansions accessible from the Pacific Fighters thing?

My chief interest is single player. Should I do anything to turn multiålayer off and/or just to avoid being online in an SP game?

There should be some adjustable difficulty settings, such as limited/unlimited fuel - where are they located?

Also, the GoG version is 4.13.4m (with 4.10m offered as an alternative download). Apparentltly the "killer" mods such as BAT require 4.12.2, how would one go about acquiring that version (e.g. should one install 4.10m, then locate the relevant patches)?
Post edited May 31, 2020 by Gankenstein
This question / problem has been solved by posidynimage
As far as I remember, the game may show Pacific Fighters, but everything that is IL-2 1946 is accessible.

There is no turning off multiplayer. Just don't join or host a multiplayer game.

Difficulty settings are in the single missions or campaigns or quick mission builder areas. In single missions, you must select the mission before you can access the difficulty settings. In campaigns, you must click on new campaign to access the difficulty settings. Make sure to set the difficulty BEFORE starting the actual campaign as it cannot be changed later.

B.A.T. mod is absolutely awesome and insanely huge! More planes, more maps, more campaigns and even more functionality. It can be quite overwhelming so I am not sure whether it is a good idea to jump into B.A.T. immediately. Vanilla 1946 already has loads of content.

I don't have the GOG version, so I can only guess that you need to get the 4.10m version and manually update to 4.12.2m. Here is a nice list of patches.

Alternatively, you can try this
4.13.X Unpatcher.

Then you can read all about B.A.T.
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53691.0.html
Hi posidyn, thanks a lot! Everything I asked answered! Time to fly!