It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm trying to run Icewind Dale Complete on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which runs Windows 8 and includes an Intel HD 4400 integrated graphics chip.

The problem is that every time I run the game in full screen it displays in it's native resolution with no upscaling. For me, with a nice high-res 3200x1800 screen that means I have a tiny tiny game on my screen that is surrounded by black space and is totally unplayable. I've tried everything I can think of - driver updates, widescreen mod, compatibility modes, Intel control panel settings - and nothing has helped.

Interestingly, if I launch IWD directly from the GOG installer immediately after install it works perfectly and upscales to fill my screen. So, my "workaround" is re-installing IWD every time I want to play the game. Anyway, this leads me to think that the GOG installer is doing something special that I need to figure out how to replicate every time.

Any ideas?

Side Note: For those who haven't even been able to get IWD to run at all on Win 8, I had to disable everything on the Compatibility tab except for the Scaling checkbox. I also had to enable OpenGL rendering in the IWD config utility.
Post edited August 04, 2014 by casimps1
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Well, just when I get frustrated enough to make a post about it I end up figuring it out. So in case anyone else is having this problem here's the solution. Guessing this may also apply to other Infinity Engine games (Baldurs Gate, Planescape, etc.)

Disable OpenGL acceleration
Run setup-ddrawfix in the IWD folder
Choose "Force DirectDraw Emulation"

That's it. Those were the magic steps that finally got IWD running upscaled for me. Hope this helps someone