It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Had the game crashing at various times for no reason, then crashing at certain inventory screens, now it crashes when I cast my first spell during the battle at the Shaengarne Bridge.

The whole time the error message is the same. I haven't tried anything besides switching to the right compatibility mode for windows 10 and deleting my cache files.

Any ideas would be appreciated
Demos1990: Had the game crashing at various times for no reason, then crashing at certain inventory screens, now it crashes when I cast my first spell during the battle at the Shaengarne Bridge.

The whole time the error message is the same. I haven't tried anything besides switching to the right compatibility mode for windows 10 and deleting my cache files.

Any ideas would be appreciated
For me the game would not even start but give that message "Assertion failed...blabla".
What solved it for me was to fix the drive letter in the ini files - "icewind2.ini" and "goglog.ini".
As it seems I installed the game on drive I once and then moved everything to drive J (and forgot about that).
Therefore I had to replace the drive letter I by J in the ini files.