It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.30 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Video: EVGA Nvidia 960 4 GB
Video Driver: 440

The game has a ton of delays unless I lower the setting so much that it looks like I don't some type of Software Render testing.

Played the demo on Steam and liked it enough to pick it up here.

Does this require a patch or is it something that I can do on my end?

EDIT - Using the Offline Installer
Post edited August 03, 2020 by Yucaju
The new update did not fix this issue :(
Yucaju: The game has a ton of delays unless I lower the setting so much that it looks like I don't some type of Software Render testing.
I have similar specs running on Linux Mint 20. Have you tried turning off vsync?

When vsync is on I get wild frame rate swings and massive input lag. However when I disable vsync it's mostly fine with some slight to moderate frame rate dips with the default graphics settings.
Yucaju: The game has a ton of delays unless I lower the setting so much that it looks like I don't some type of Software Render testing.
MikeMaximus: I have similar specs running on Linux Mint 20. Have you tried turning off vsync?

When vsync is on I get wild frame rate swings and massive input lag. However when I disable vsync it's mostly fine with some slight to moderate frame rate dips with the default graphics settings.
I did do that but there is a lag in movement. It's slight but too much for attacking and blocking properly.
Yucaju: I did do that but there is a lag in movement. It's slight but too much for attacking and blocking properly.
That's odd, having vsync off should eliminate that. How low is your frame rate actually dropping? With my 960 it ranges between 30 and 75 in Linux, usually it's between 45 and 60.

If you run the game with the environment variable __GL_SHOW_GRAPHICS_OSD=1, this will enable the nvidia overlay so you can see the API being used, the frame rate and vsync status.
Yucaju: I did do that but there is a lag in movement. It's slight but too much for attacking and blocking properly.
MikeMaximus: That's odd, having vsync off should eliminate that. How low is your frame rate actually dropping? With my 960 it ranges between 30 and 75 in Linux, usually it's between 45 and 60.

If you run the game with the environment variable __GL_SHOW_GRAPHICS_OSD=1, this will enable the nvidia overlay so you can see the API being used, the frame rate and vsync status.
Going to try that now. If this works, I can cancel my refund request because I was looking forward to this game after the demo impressed me.
I turned off only Vsync and the same issue is happening.

I added the variable to the .sh file but did not see any output.
Yucaju: I turned off only Vsync and the same issue is happening.

Ok, well i'm not sure what else to try.

If the variable isn't working, you can try to enable the overlay in nVidia's control panel. It's in the "OpenGL Settings" and it's called "Enable Graphics API Visual Indicator".
Yucaju: I turned off only Vsync and the same issue is happening.

MikeMaximus: Ok, well i'm not sure what else to try.

If the variable isn't working, you can try to enable the overlay in nVidia's control panel. It's in the "OpenGL Settings" and it's called "Enable Graphics API Visual Indicator".
VK 144 to 205

Input is delayed. From when I press a button like jump, attack or move forward/back I can do 1 clap before I can move again.

Edit - Also when the game closes I get this "line 16: 6398 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Hellpoint.x86_64"
Post edited August 08, 2020 by Yucaju
Yucaju: VK 144 to 205

Input is delayed. From when I press a button like jump, attack or move forward/back I can do 1 clap before I can move again.

Edit - Also when the game closes I get this "line 16: 6398 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Hellpoint.x86_64"
I also get that seg fault. I've never had it crash during the game however, just always on exit.

I'm not sure what else could be causing so much input lag, hopefully they'll get the Linux issues worked out eventually.
I have the exact same issue here on my Linux.
I done some tests and this is the result:

With no vsync, the issue is gone, but the GPU works more than it's necessary, I have a 75hz screen, I don't need 200+ FPS.

With vsync set to "Every Vblank" the input lag is so huge that it takes 1 second and half to the character respond to my input.

With vsync set to "Every other vblank" the issue is gone, but I'm stuck with 30fps gameplay....

I also have a Windows partition and this issue is not present on it.
It only happens on Linux.

My Specs:
Manjaro Linux (Arch)
KDE Plasma: 5.21.5
Kernel: 5,12,9-1-Manjaro

CPU: Intel i7 8700K
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 TI
RAM: 32GB DDR4

Nvidia Driver Version: 465.31
Post edited June 19, 2021 by Diego9000
To whoever this may be useful:

The latest update from the Nvidia fixed this issue on my Manjaro, so it may fix the issue on other distros.

Nvidia Driver Version: 470.42.01