It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have ran into a problem with this game, There is a Flickering that happens when useing the HD6990. My question is , Is there a fix for this. It has made the game unplayable Evrytime any glow effect happens on screen "Sun" "Lights" "laser effects" :Please get back to this messege GOG: Thank you very much

:Edit: Any other fix from Gammers would be nice aswell, If there is a way to disable the Crossfire or second GPU
Vic-Viper.v1: I have ran into a problem with this game, There is a Flickering that happens when useing the HD6990. My question is , Is there a fix for this. It has made the game unplayable Evrytime any glow effect happens on screen "Sun" "Lights" "laser effects" :Please get back to this messege GOG: Thank you very much

:Edit: Any other fix from Gammers would be nice aswell, If there is a way to disable the Crossfire or second GPU
What resolution are you running at? Can you attach any screenshot? Also is this happening to both games?
I realize this is a 3-month old post, but I sat with this problem as well (I too have a 6990) and it took me a good long while before I figured it out (solution 1 didn't exist yet).

There are two solutions:
1. Download the newest version of Catalyst Control Center.
Open CCC then under Gaming->3D application settings scroll to the bottom where you will find AMD CrossfireX mode for 3D applications, set it to disabled. Scroll back up to Application profiles, select save and find the executables for Haegemonia. All done.

I'm getting a bit of flickering in the top right corner with this one and the window border shows from time to time. Could be i just have to play around a bit with the compatibility options.

2. Download DXWnd here: http://appaholic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dxwnd.7z
DXWnd will force the game into windowed mode (and windowed mode will only use one core). Just unpack it anywhere you like and open dxwnd.exe as admin. Under Edit choose add, click the browse button find the executables and I have through trial and error found the best options to be: tick the box "DirectInput is Hooked" and under Initial Coordinates and Moveable Range in the 5th and 6th box type in your resolution. Press OK and right click the *install path*\hgm.exe (or hgma.exe for Solon Heritage) in DXWnd and choose execute.

This option gives the best image quality (no flickering etc.), but if you launch Haegemonia from somewhere not DXWnd it will still be launched as windowed (IF DXWnd is currently running with admin rights).If that's the case, you won't (in my experience) be able to control the camera with the mouse, it will point downwards and keep spinning until you release the mouse button.
Post edited February 20, 2012 by Riotfellow
yes that seems to have gotten the flickering gone, but now the screen is cut off on the edges, i can not see some of the buttons. what resolution do you play the game at. i normally play 1920 1080 for evrtything but seems the windowed mode will not change for me if i attwmp to change the resolution in game the flickering comes back
Vic-Viper.v1: yes that seems to have gotten the flickering gone, but now the screen is cut off on the edges, i can not see some of the buttons. what resolution do you play the game at. i normally play 1920 1080 for evrtything but seems the windowed mode will not change for me if i attwmp to change the resolution in game the flickering comes back
Try running the game with "windows 98se" or "Windows XP SP 3" and "Disable Themes", "Disable Desktop composition"
These are toggled in the short-cut and running it.

This fixes most of my "flicker" issues without the use of drivers and other solutions, sometimes simple is better.
Hi,
I have sorted this out for my 2x HD6750 set by creating 3D app profile in Vision Engine CC and disabling CrossFireX.
I had to do this for hgm.exe and hgma.exe files not for the GOGWrap.
I get the same screen flickering here. Its so distracting I can't play the game.
For me the only solution here that has helped is using DXWnd. That however chops off enough of the left side of the screen that I consider the game unplayable using it.

I've tried all the options here.
I play on win 7 64 bit using a single HD6990.