It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So if you look at the game's initial roster, it SHOULD include some MPS employees that you can easily erase. One even is called "Erase Me". You can see this in the first image.

In the SECOND image, this is from the GOG version. Clearly this is from an altered version.

This is terrrrrible.
Attachments:
Veloxi: So if you look at the game's initial roster, it SHOULD include some MPS employees that you can easily erase. One even is called "Erase Me". You can see this in the first image.

In the SECOND image, this is from the GOG version. Clearly this is from an altered version.

This is terrrrrible.
It's definitely that version from a specific abandonware site. I bought the game on GOG and ran a quick comparison, the GameData folder for Gunship2000 in the GOG release even has the Readme.txt in it detailing the copy protection crack, same log files etc.

I also ran get-filehash (powershell command) on the pdf and jpg documentation files, they all match the ones from the abandonware site, so they're exactly the same files. The Gunship2000 folder in GameData also exactly matches the filesize of the one from the abandonware site. I could run the filehash of every single file in the folder but I really can't be bothered at this point.

It's a very lazy effort.
Thst's all great work, thanks for sharing your findings!
They need to be reported, Ive about had it with a lot of these people who sell classics on here and often use a dosbox version of the config that works worse than anyone who has made their own config or used an ab abandonware conf.

Its beyond pathetic and GOG should also verify that whoever is selling it has rights to it and owns the license.
Even worse, the GOG version includes a cheat executable that can be used to alter the roster LOL!!!!

It is 1:1 copied from well known early floppy version available on sites.

The launcher from ATARI is cool I guess but it just launches dosbox.

I guess we pay 10 bucks for the launcher?? lol
majormaxxxx: Even worse, the GOG version includes a cheat executable that can be used to alter the roster LOL!!!!

OMG nice find!
majormaxxxx: Even worse, the GOG version includes a cheat executable that can be used to alter the roster LOL!!!!

Veloxi: OMG nice find!
Information about the cheat trainer file gs2ked.exe

"Put the gs2ked.exe program into your gs2000 directory and run it. The
program is menu driven and allows you to change:

1. Pilot Name
2. Pilot rank
3. Pilot status
4. Number of missions flown
5. Wingmen data"
Oh FFS