It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

alo

I just had a really odd encounter with the last boss in ashes DLC on ultimate.
Im playing a death knight drain essence build with a mainhand and shield.

the final encounter with theodin marcell somehow deleted my mainhand weapond and my shield.

anyone else had this issue ?
bug or is this what the boss does ?

really not feeling good about this, as it took quite some time and effort to find this weapon and shield.

/michael
GD-michael: alo

the final encounter with theodin marcell somehow deleted my mainhand weapond and my shield.

really not feeling good about this, as it took quite some time and effort to find this weapon and shield.

/michael
Maybe you swapped weapon?
GD-michael: alo

/michael
Gremlion: Maybe you swapped weapon?
no, not swapped.
the mainhand and shield just went missing, as in no longer equipped on my character, not in my inventory, not replaced with another mainhand and shield. they simply were deleted / destroyed, gone missing.

this happened at the beginning of the second phase when the boss somehow oneshot me and I was returning to continue the encounter. when I tried to rebuff myself I somehow could not apply all my buffs (I have wrathstone on both mainhand and shield). the mainhand and shield were not equipped, not in my inventory, not on the ground near my corpse. they were simply deleted / destroyed.
GD-michael: no, not swapped.
There is a button to swap weapon (W by default) or in inventory (see attachment). Looks like you accidentally hit it and don't know about this mechanic, so you didn't have another set of weapon ready.
Attachments:
123.png (400 Kb)
GD-michael: no, not swapped.
Gremlion: There is a button to swap weapon (W by default) or in inventory (see attachment). Looks like you accidentally hit it and don't know about this mechanic, so you didn't have another set of weapon ready.
well I do know about the function for weaponswap, and in the start of playing grim dawn ( a few months back) I sometimes accidently hit the key W by mistake, but I removed this keybind a long time ago for this very reason.
ok I found the problem.
when updating the game to 1.0.6.1, the game settings were reset, so the setting for swapping weapons I had previously ticked off were back in use and I guess I had accidently pressed it sometime during the bossfight.
really annoying "feature" of the 1.0.6.1 update, but there ya go, problem solved.

thanks for all the replies :)