It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi GOG Community,

I have set up new PC for old or not-so-demanding games like Terraria or Don't Starve. I tried to run Gothic, but the performance is unplayable. I have already installed the mod/fixes that internet advised: SystemPack, PlayerKit and FPS patch, but the FPS problem is still there.

Issue:
Slow performance caused by view distance. Whenever I face into wall I have 60 fps, but when I face to open world fps drops to 10 - 13. This is with View Distance: 100%.
When I lower View Distance to 20% the fps increases to 30.

PC:
MSI B450M PRO-VDH
Ryzen 3 2200g
Patriot Viper 4, DDR4, 8 GB,3000MHz, CL16
SSD

Anyone has Ryzen 3 2200g without additional graphic card and could test this game on his/her PC? Any fix to this issue?

Regards,
Paweł
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I'd try starting the game in windowed borderless mode.

Since you have already installed both SystemPack and Player-kit, you have to edit the gothic.ini file (located in the system subfolder in the game's path):

- change zStartupWindowed=0 to zStartupWindowed=1;
- change scaleVideos=1 to scaleVideos=0.
Thank you. However this fix didn't help and issue remains.
Which OS are you using?
Are your drivers up-to-date?
Do you have a dedicated GPU which you could try in order to check, if the problem still exists?
Well, one hint: Try out Gothic Reloaded Mod: https://demo.gothic-reloaded-mod.de/?lang=en_GB
It replaces the whole renderer with a more modern hardware compatible one, but isn´t finished. You´ll have to unlock in manually to play through more then Chapter one.

If this can´t help you directly, I can confirm that halfway between Gothics Release and today it ran well "maxed out" on a GT240m and Core2Duo T6600, which is a slower system. Therefor, reducing the draw distance should be something to even consider at all.
Hi,

Thanks you for your help. Didn't try your advice becasue I went shopping. I fixed this by buying second-hand GTX 950. Thanks anyway! :)

Paweł