It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gothic 3 with community patch 1.75 and with alternative balancing on.
So i wonder if i should just use the stone tablets that increase AK now or should i wait until i have 250 and then use the stone tablets.
First time playing this properly since my pc was too weak years ago.
Went with mage and staff fighting.
Does it make any difference to have more than 250 AK in damage, also under spells there is no damage number just mana and required AK.Trying to go the with Innos magic here.
Also does it have any meaning that the character is sneezing in game so much,currently i am still in Mrytana.
This question / problem has been solved by kojocelimage
Fonzer: Gothic 3 with community patch 1.75 and with alternative balancing on.
So i wonder if i should just use the stone tablets that increase AK now or should i wait until i have 250 and then use the stone tablets.
First time playing this properly since my pc was too weak years ago.
Went with mage and staff fighting.
Does it make any difference to have more than 250 AK in damage, also under spells there is no damage number just mana and required AK.Trying to go the with Innos magic here.
Also does it have any meaning that the character is sneezing in game so much,currently i am still in Mrytana.
Hey there,

So it happens that I am replaying a mage right now. I could recommend some tips I am using (a small wall of text).

1. Learn Quickly
Learn Quickly asap: preferably travel the land, loot all accessible loot, and buy stone tablets from merchants (quick save before talking to merchants). You may want to reload for more tablets from merchants. This is to get 50 AK asap, to learn Quick Learning (you can do it in Reddock).

2. Starting Armor
You'll find a shovel either in Ardea or Reddock: do not sellit - go to the cliff edge above Braga (as a landmark, there-s a rent there). Near the tent there's a treasure hidden, use shovel to dig - for free Armor and some potions with permanent effects. If you don't mind some extra-XP before 50 AK, you pick the quest from Braga to get the merchants tribute, then talk to the guy offering you an armor for it. Then talk to Diego, go hunting snappers then come back and get better armor.

3. Hunting Skills
Learn all gathering Hunting Skills asap ( there's some very serious cash from those)

4. Boost Strength
Do all arena quests asap (you won't be boosting STR anyway, unless you want to, ofc). This is because staffs suited for combat still require STR to wield.

5. Summoning Spells
Get a summon spell (either Tame Animal or Summon Skeleton): it really helps out in the beginning. I recommend taming a Wild Boar or Wolf - Ripperbeast - Warg (optional Shadowbeast, but I found out Warg combat style is far more effective, and it's stronger than Wolf). Just be careful, if you fight someone in a town and pet gets involved, it will get killed and there's a chance you'll get attacked as well. And if you tame a quest beast which is required to kill, you'll have to kill it to complete quest.

6. Buy Druid Robe+ Improved Robes
On the way to Montera, you will get to Porgan's cave. Do all druid quests for Porgan + ranger quests, and you should be able to get enough reputation with Rangers to allow you to buy Druid Robe.
Next head to Montera and do all quests there until you get reputation to see all mercenaries names in green. If you you attack mercenaries with Bastard Swords you can loot it and sell it for 4000 gold - no other merc will involve in the fight. Grab all Bastard Swords (alternatively you can attack rangers near Porgan for their bows - sells for about 3200 gold). All this gold is needed to buy the robe from Torn, who's near Geldern - it costs 40000 gold coins.
Learn Improved Robes, and voila, you have your 90 blades / 90 impact / 80 missile + magic resistances. Add some defensive jewelry, and you're all set.

7. Mana regeneration:
Grab this asap. You get it more quickly from Venguard (you can skip all orcs there).
It costs 30 LP + 10.000 gold coins.

7. 250 AK:
After you get to 50 AK to learn QL, you can keep all the rest of them. I didn't bother check if Lecterns give Alchemy or AK before reading them - I don't think there's any real need for that. You can use tablets and Aidan book after that. More AK = more spell damage, so if you get to, say, 350 AK, you'll hit like a truck.

I hope my wall of text will be of assistance.

Cheers.
kojocel: Hey there,

1. Learn Quickly
Learn Quickly asap: preferably travel the land, loot all accessible loot, and buy stone tablets from merchants (quick save before talking to merchants). You may want to reload for more tablets from merchants. This is to get 50 AK asap, to learn Quick Learning (you can do it in Reddock).

2. Starting Armor
You'll find a shovel either in Ardea or Reddock: do not sellit - go to the cliff edge above Braga (as a landmark, there-s a rent there). Near the tent there's a treasure hidden, use shovel to dig - for free Armor and some potions with permanent effects. If you don't mind some extra-XP before 50 AK, you pick the quest from Braga to get the merchants tribute, then talk to the guy offering you an armor for it. Then talk to Diego, go hunting snappers then come back and get better armor.

3. Hunting Skills
Learn all gathering Hunting Skills asap ( there's some very serious cash from those)

4. Boost Strength
Do all arena quests asap (you won't be boosting STR anyway, unless you want to, ofc). This is because staffs suited for combat still require STR to wield.

5. Summoning Spells
Get a summon spell (either Tame Animal or Summon Skeleton): it really helps out in the beginning. I recommend taming a Wild Boar or Wolf - Ripperbeast - Warg (optional Shadowbeast, but I found out Warg combat style is far more effective, and it's stronger than Wolf). Just be careful, if you fight someone in a town and pet gets involved, it will get killed and there's a chance you'll get attacked as well. And if you tame a quest beast which is required to kill, you'll have to kill it to complete quest.

6. Buy Druid Robe+ Improved Robes
On the way to Montera, you will get to Porgan's cave. Do all druid quests for Porgan + ranger quests, and you should be able to get enough reputation with Rangers to allow you to buy Druid Robe.
Next head to Montera and do all quests there until you get reputation to see all mercenaries names in green. If you you attack mercenaries with Bastard Swords you can loot it and sell it for 4000 gold - no other merc will involve in the fight. Grab all Bastard Swords (alternatively you can attack rangers near Porgan for their bows - sells for about 3200 gold). All this gold is needed to buy the robe from Torn, who's near Geldern - it costs 40000 gold coins.
Learn Improved Robes, and voila, you have your 90 blades / 90 impact / 80 missile + magic resistances. Add some defensive jewelry, and you're all set.

7. Mana regeneration:
Grab this asap. You get it more quickly from Venguard (you can skip all orcs there).
It costs 30 LP + 10.000 gold coins.

7. 250 AK:
After you get to 50 AK to learn QL, you can keep all the rest of them. I didn't bother check if Lecterns give Alchemy or AK before reading them - I don't think there's any real need for that. You can use tablets and Aidan book after that. More AK = more spell damage, so if you get to, say, 350 AK, you'll hit like a truck.

I hope my wall of text will be of assistance.

Cheers.
Ah thanks
1. Quick learning i learned at level 6 and and buying stone tablets from merchants i don't have any good luck with it and i won't reload several times just to get more stone tablets.Think i only managed to buy 1 or 2 stone tablets even though i was in almost all ork residences in Mrytana except one near Gotha,Cap Dune didn't give me any stone tablets from the guy who was selling it.
2. Still wasn't close to Braga
3. I did learn the hunting skill gathering though not right away.
4. I do mostly fight in arenas right away but i think i didn't spend any LP for strength yet,think i am using a strength ring though and i have blade staff.
5. Current spells i learned are fireball,ice lance, light, telekinese, flame wave and banish evil,will see if i will go for skeleton and then maybe summon demon.
6. I actually bought a recipe for bastard sword and i also learned how to effectivly mine.Anyway good tips here.
It actually costs 50000 gold to get best druid armor.
7. Mana regeneration is my goal to reach it as fast as possible.So more AK for more damage is good.
8.How much life should i get and mana i also think of creating permanent potions as soon as i read enough books for it since i see you don't need to use LP for alchemy since there are probably enough books around.

I am currently level 30 with 55 LP left with:
STR 126
HUNT 140
AK 129
SMITH 15
THIEV 15
ALCHEMY 43
LIFE 340
ENDUR 150 (didn't put any point into this yet)
MANA 230
Post edited May 15, 2016 by Fonzer