It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone!

I recently completed my second playthrough of Gothic II, this time on a TV using an Xbox One controller. After playing The Witcher 3 and a handful of other games while sitting on my couch, I haven't had a decent solution for playing comfortably with a mouse and keyboard, and Corsair's Lapdog still isn't out.

To my surprise, playing with a gamepad worked out really well, so I wanted to share my controller profile with you all to enjoy:

antimicro - free, open-source gamepad software
https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro

Gothic II profile (v.102)
http://www.filedropper.com/gothic2v102gamecontroller

Controls: based on default keyboard settings

Set 1
- Left Stick: Movement (WASD)
- Right Stick: Mouse Aim
- Left Stick (Press): Walk toggle (Must hold, which doesn't make walking pleasant really)
- Right Stick (Press): Sneak toggle
- D-Pad: Arrow Keys (for easy menu and inventory navigation)

- RT: Toggle Set 2 (Hold), more on that later
- Left Shoulder: Attack Left (DEL)
- Right Shoulder: Attack Right (PG DN)

- A: Jump / Transfer Stack in Inventory (ALT)
- B: Block / Cancel (RIGHT CLICK)
- X: Attack / Select (LEFT CLICK)
- Y: Draw/Sheath Weapon (SPACE)

- Back: Inventory (TAB)
- Start: Game Menu (ESC)
- Guide Button: Quicksave (F5), if enabled in Gothic.ini

Set 2, used for RT (hold) modifier
- RT + Up (D-pad): Map (M)
- RT + Left (D-pad): Character Stats (B)
- RT + Right (D-pad): Quest Journal (L)

Enjoy, and feel free to modify and repost an even better profile if you find better / more comfortable configurations.
Post edited September 06, 2015 by docmars
Hey, thanks for sharing! But there's a small problem: the link for your profile isn't working, it sent me to the File Dropper homepage instead. You may want to re-upload it.

I'm sure it's not terribly difficult to create my own profile, and I'm certainly going to try it, but for the benefit of other lazy people like me out there, I thought I should point that out. :)
Post edited September 14, 2015 by Truehare