- Make sure you get yourself at least 5 mana early in the game as you will need scrolls to win some of the more difficult fights.
- Never take a fight for granted because you will die if you do.
- Scrolls are used by assighning them a number(they do have a default number assigned) Once you see energy in your char's hand,..it's ready to be cast,..tap forward and left click to cast after highlighting an enemy name.
-Archery is the same if you pursue Dex,...equip the bow (assigned number or default),...and tap forward while holding the left mouse button to fire. You need a lot of dex and a good bow before you start making good strikes on the enemy.
-You'll often find most enemies too tough for you,...don't worry,..somewhere is a beatable monster,...exploration is key. You'll find out where you're not supposed to be fast. Trust me.
-Explore every nook and cranny,...iv'e foun many a dead warrior or skeloton loaded with scrolls and potions,..weapons, and gold off the beaten path.
- If you find a battle that is way too difficult(eg/spoiler) Like the bandits on the bridge by the tavern. Be creative. What I did was get they're attention and lead them too the tavern where all the people in the tavern drew weapons and began slaughtering them. You lose expierience but afterward you can go up and get their loot.
- Stay away from ogres and skeletons until high level,..you'll be dead before you know it.
So basically this a game that takes a ton of patience and exploration to reap the rewards. Every battle won is exhilirating though unlike an easier game. I'm so happy I got this game because it has given me new respect for rpg's,..and this is a true one.
Feel free to add to this because it will probably help some people who get frustrated early to keep on playing and find out how much better this is then most rpg's.
Lockpicking- Great skill to have as it will net you healing pots,..weapons, and other things.
General Rule- Save before each locked chest. It's very simple,..each lock has a series of left and right commands so keep a pen and paper handy and wait three seconds before each push or you will go too fast and break the pick. Each chest has a series,..easy chests maybe have 4-6 pushes harder ones more. So Left Click to begin when you face the chest. Now start with left or right arrow if it says "That sounded good" wait three secs and try Left or right again,...keep this up writing l or r for each one correct and if you get one wrong,...load the save before,..don't worry , the combination doesn't change. Once you get it right the chest will open.