It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello and Merry Christmas !
I want to install galaxy 2 on my laptop. The download is done without any problem but when I try to install it, a window opens:
GOG_Galaxy_2.0.exe - Application error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.
What are the possible solutions, please !
Thank you very much for your help !
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I second this, same thing.

Strange, because I had it running just fine before reinstalling Windows 11 on the same machine, and now it errors out.

Edit: Running in compatibility mode does not work either.

Edit: Apparently, a possible workaround is to downgrade to version 1.2, see "[HOW TO] Keep Galaxy v1.2 client and avoid the forced v2.0 BETA update" for details.
Attachments:
Post edited December 23, 2022 by marie_curie78
that error is corupt script i.e, your system tried to follow the steps and hit a issue it couldn't fix

the first thing we would need to know is what OS because the rules for Windows 11 are different to Windows 7

however possible things to try =

In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.

At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.

If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

that will work on any copy of Windows and may fix your problem
ussnorway: that error is corupt script i.e, your system tried to follow the steps and hit a issue it couldn't fix

the first thing we would need to know is what OS because the rules for Windows 11 are different to Windows 7

however possible things to try =

In the search box on the taskbar, type command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator > Yes.

At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and the /). Scanning will take a few minutes.

If SFC finds corrupted files and replaces them, restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

that will work on any copy of Windows and may fix your problem
Tried this - did not work for me on Windows 11. Attempting to explicitly run the gog galaxy installer as administrator does not help either: the error doesn't pop up, and nothing happens at all.

Filed the problem with Support Team - we'll see what they say.
Post edited December 24, 2022 by marie_curie78
-Tiyoto-: What are the possible solutions, please !
Merry Christmas,

1. Download the full installer instead of the web stub: 2.0.55.99 for Windows
2. Make sure Mandatory ASLR is set to "Use default (Off)". You can find this under Windows Security - App & browser control - Exploit protection.
Attachments:
aslr.png (231 Kb)
-Tiyoto-: What are the possible solutions, please !
Ice_Mage: Merry Christmas,

1. Download the full installer instead of the web stub: 2.0.55.99 for Windows
2. Make sure Mandatory ASLR is set to "Use default (Off)". You can find this under Windows Security - App & browser control - Exploit protection.
Excellent, this worked.

Another potential resolution (pointed out by the Support Team) is to download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
Hallo!
Kann mir jemand helfen? Wenn ich GOG Galaxy starten will bekomme ich die Nachricht

"MSVCP140_dll nicht gefunden" und ich soll das Programm neu installieren was aber nichts nützt.

Falls mir wer in einfachen Worten weiterhelfen kann wäre ich sehr dankbar.
LG Leo
LeoSachse: "MSVCP140_dll nicht gefunden"
1. Install vc_redist.x64.exe
2. Install vc_redist.x86.exe
3. Restart your system.
LeoSachse: Hallo!
Kann mir jemand helfen? Wenn ich GOG Galaxy starten will bekomme ich die Nachricht

"MSVCP140_dll nicht gefunden" und ich soll das Programm neu installieren was aber nichts nützt.

LG Leo
is your Galaxy installed to c program files? if it is then you may have the vc installed but galaxy isn't allowed to use it

still worth installing them and restarting as Ice mage posted
LeoSachse: Hallo!

LG Leo
ussnorway: is your Galaxy installed to c program files? if it is then you may have the vc installed but galaxy isn't allowed to use it

still worth installing them and restarting as Ice mage posted
Danke an Ice_Mage und UdSSRNORWEGEN für die Hilfe.

Ja Galaxy befindet sich in C-ProgramData + Installieren vc_redist.x86.exe funktioniert auch nicht
X86 is for a 32biit system, its a pretty good bet you have a 64bit chip so the X64 is the better option to install

personally i would doubt you really have Galaxy installed to c programdata as thats a restricted folder... c program files is the one i asked you about
I had this issue and ASLR was enabled on my machjine. Per Ice_Mage's notes turning off ASLR fixed my issue. Below are the steps I took, with it enabled..

Click Start and type "Windows Security"
Click App & Browser Control
Click the Programs Settings.
Click Add program to customize and select the GOG 2.0 web installer
Set Force randomization for images(Mandatory ASLR) to override system settings and choose off.
Set Randomize memory allocations (Bottom-up ASLR) to override system settings and choose off.
Ran the installer as admin (Not sure if this part was needed and I am not testing it)

Cheers!
Post edited March 13, 2023 by TechNinja42
TechNinja42: Set Force randomization for images(Mandatory ASLR) to override system settings and choose off.
Off is the default. Switching this on is known to cause problems (typically GOG Galaxy crashes). This is the first thing to try since the other stuff is probably unnecessary.
TechNinja42: Set Force randomization for images(Mandatory ASLR) to override system settings and choose off.
Ice_Mage: Off is the default. Switching this on is known to cause problems (typically GOG Galaxy crashes). This is the first thing to try since the other stuff is probably unnecessary.
Off is default but not on this machine. I have had no other issues with software having ASLR enabled so I added an exception for this application. Thank you for the tip about ASLR as I had forgotten it was on.
I can understand the need to do this on games that came out decades ago but why exactly does this new, recently and actively developed software require such workarounds?

Imagine if Steam suddenly started crashing on peoples PCs because they'd left the Windows Defender security settings as default.

Galaxy is a bit of a joke at this point :(