It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hei,
I can't update, gog crashes
cheers
mon4rch: Same story here.
When I click update now, the client just closes and never comes back.
THIS. If i press Update client install update and close. If i press skip update - client close. Loop situation cause client close without updating any_way, although some files are updated (changelog file from 10 Dec, exe from 30 Jan). No visible errors.
GOG GALAXY 2.0 Open Beta requires Windows 8 or newer.
Ermm... Crap...
Post edited December 16, 2020 by QWEEDDYZ
Oshg22: earlier i bought cyberpunk 2077 off cd keys and it said i had to download go galaxy 2.0 so i did it opened first time i used it started to download the game but then i got a notifacation saying that the install had crashed and now it doesn't let me get back on the installer adn i tried deleting it and downlaoding it back but i just get error messages when its trying to install gog galaxy 2.0
you dont need gog galaxy
An issue for me as well, and still present - the most recent update, as well as all the previous one for November have all been failing for me and I had to manually overwrite the installation from the website.

It's fine, but it could be much better if it'd work.
I have the same problem.
Galaxy asks to update, then gives me an error message that it couldn't update and tells me to download the latest version directly from the site.

I've downloaded and ran the install after uninstalling the previous one.

it still continues to request the update.

EDIT: the error also happens when i try to launch the program for the first time after computer has been off. Gives error then closes then I click again and it opens properly but asks to update, update still gives error
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Domaikk
Galaxy 2.0 Update fails-- YES I've downloaded the useless "latest" install...many many times over the past year. No joy. All drivers are up to date.

Galaxy 2.0 does work but it's fripping annoying to see that error msg pop-up all the time.
Same Problem here.
not even a error pops up for me, the dl just stops at 6 . 7% and the process closes
for whatever reason already wrote tickets, suggest you do the same
lol_exekutor: Same Problem here.
I also have this problem. Any fix? Thanks.
akssoon: Hi,

I have been notified several times now that there is a new version of GOG Galaxy, but every time I click on "Update Now" the Galaxy client closes instantly and nothing happens.

Is this a know problem?
Can I find logfiles somewhere that I could sent to support? I haven't found any in the Galaxy install directory.

My Windows user btw does NOT have admin rights by default.

Best regards.
I have the same issue only I get an error message and it tells me to download the latest version from GoG.

Uhhhh No GoG, I dont have time to go grab a brand new copy of your crappy store/launcher/library that
sucks so badly it cannot even update itself. How about YOU fix the damn thing.

I HATE having to install YET ANOTHER launcher its like every game needs its OWN launcher now
and its getting ridiculous. Now GoG just HAS to have one and guess what? It sucks! It cannot
even perform a simple function of alowing you to update it. THE WORST!!!

Steam
Epic
Bethesda
Microsoft
Origin
GoG
etc...

ENOUGH either fix your software or fyck off!
GIT GUD!
Ceegap: Galaxy 2.0 Update fails-- YES I've downloaded the useless "latest" install...many many times over the past year. No joy. All drivers are up to date.

Galaxy 2.0 does work but it's fripping annoying to see that error msg pop-up all the time.
I don't know what's wrong with the client but I just reinstalled it after the CP2077 1.2 patch. My Galaxy version is 2.0.37.384 - Beta and I DO NOT have the "Test upcoming features in...betas" checked off.

I thought I'd buy CP2077 for GOG to support the devs as much as I can afford, and I looked forward to using their own client for ease of updates and extra goodies, but the support for this client seems nonexistent. Even tonight I minimized the client for a short time and when I looked at it again the game icons from my library have disappeared so I can't easily even start the game, and I do not use desktop icons.

So CDPR you have some catching up to do. Since February when I started playing 2077 you've barely come to this forum to give updates, it's as if you dont care about Galaxy at all, yet you exclaim on the store page that 100% of our money goes to the developers. It's not very encouraging anymore, and it's not easy to recommend to friends when the client is still so janky after all this time.
Attachments:
capture.jpg (66 Kb)
Post edited April 04, 2021 by =Axton=
akssoon: Hi,

I have been notified several times now that there is a new version of GOG Galaxy, but every time I click on "Update Now" the Galaxy client closes instantly and nothing happens.

Is this a know problem?
Can I find logfiles somewhere that I could sent to support? I haven't found any in the Galaxy install directory.

My Windows user btw does NOT have admin rights by default.

Best regards.
My Galaxy is showing no game icons now.
Attachments:
capture.jpg (66 Kb)
Yeah this has been a recurring issue for me over the last year. Pop up telling me to update. Then update failing telling me to DL from website and when I do it tells me I already have the update.
Hope that gets fixed someday :D
It is hilarious that here we are, February 22, 2022 and absolutely nothing has been fixed on this. Yes, this exact problem still exists, every single time I launch GOG. We can now say "it's been happening for years" LMAO