It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

sadly to report the last Update from GOG and Windows don't work together.

Services is dead and can not be started.

Have tried in a Windows Sandbox (so a fresh Windows) and it is dying everytime:

hope this helps, I can not send a issue because the client is shuting down after a few seconds.

regards,
foxce
Attachments:
Got the same issue.
Last update broken GOG, services are not starting up.
Any advice about where to gather logs and such?
still works fine here
Yup same here, hasn't worked in over a week now.

Keeps saying -

"Connection to Communications Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown."

And then it does as stated shutdown.

Never had any other problems with the GOG client since it was first released.
BladeWise: Got the same issue.
Last update broken GOG, services are not starting up.
Any advice about where to gather logs and such?
Logs files are here: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs\
Also since the ProgramData folder is hidden, make sure to turn on the option of showing hidden files.
Strangely enough, after uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting the system, the problem did not appear again... Maybe had something to do with a pending update of C++ runtime...
Logs did not show why the GOG services were failing to start.
Dunno if the 2004 update is the cause, but I couldn't stand those 'steam offline retry' bugs any longer and additionally it apparently also isn't capable to list all uPlay games. So I completely uninstalled it (guess it's the 10th time already now). I also won't reinstall it until 2021 and if it doesn't survive at least 3 starts within a month without loosing all connections and data, I won't install it ever again.

I'm also now even considering to cancel the Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition PC pre-order, because there's only a GOG key in there and no Steam key and the idea of playing it with GOG Galaxy 2.0 with all those bugs, no thanks! I guess it's perhaps better to get it for Xbox Series X instead.

Yeah, I now definitely have enough of GOG Galaxy 2.0, the clumsiness alone got on my nerves, but these new offline bugs etc. really got the barrel overflowing.
I ran into this issue again, and it seems the common pattern is a Windows Update waiting to be installed. Without doing anything to GOGG2, I simply installed the Windows Updates that were waiting and let my PC reboot. Afterwards GOGG2 started without issue.

No idea why this is suddenly an issue in Windows 10 v2004, but hopefully I can at least solve this problem the same way in the future. Though preferably I'd like it if GOG could find a solution.
QJgMSoAMRdOBpFHs: I'm also now even considering to cancel the Cyberpunk 2077 Collectors Edition PC pre-order, because there's only a GOG key in there and no Steam key and the idea of playing it with GOG Galaxy 2.0 with all those bugs, no thanks!
is it confirmed that CP2077 will require galaxy to play? are you saying there will be no offline installers for it?
still dead - still trying with a clean sandbox - same error