It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
CLOSED

Summer Games Done Quick 2014 - a charity gaming marathon - will feature over 150 hours of live speedruns, non-stop. June 22-28. All donations go directly to Doctors Without Borders.

Watch the fun community effort via stream for free, donate if you like and win lots of prizes at <span class="bold">gamesdonequick.com</span>.
Laggy? Try this.

Not a requirement for the giveaway below, but if you feel inclined to do so, I'm sure the people at Games Done Quick would appreciate you spreading the word - | [url=https://twitter.com/SDAspeedruns]@SDAspeedruns #SGDQ2014

== The Giveaway ==

Prize: one GOG game (or games up to) worth USD 5.99 of the winner's choice

= To enter =

I have this theory that GOGBear has been a witness to history, much like Forrest Gump (remember the movie?). A barely noticed bystander at past events too large for him to bear (ha, pun!).

For this giveaway, join me in unearthing a few of these legendary GOGBear moments in time:

1. Grab a GOGBear image: OR [url=http://static01.gog.com/upload/forum/2014/06/7ffb718937a65090de53fc63496a9e34f90c1b2c.png]gogbear_1000x100.png (by ASnakeNeverDies)

2. Place the little guy into a historical scene of your choice
(see for how this could look - that one is of the stranded 1914-1917 [url=http://petapixel.com/2013/12/27/100-year-old-box-exposed-negatives-discovered-conservators-antarctica/]Ross Sea Party)

You can use the free online tool iPiccy for this. Below is an easy guide. If you need assistance, just ask.

3. Post in this thread and attach/link to your finished image

You are welcome to be in for someone else, if you submit your own GOGBear sighting.
The giveaway will end sometime on June 28th.
Random.org will find the winner from all entries.

Looking forward to seeing your GOGBear research :) Have fun and good luck everyone!

Note: THAT'S ALL you gotta read for the giveaway; below is just a list of entries and the iPiccy guide (for those who need it).

== The Distinguished Society of GOGBear Trackers ==

■ WhiteElk (for dr.schliemann) ■ dr.schliemann ■ babark ■ joshua.a.saucier ■ Mrstarker ■ rayden54 ■ 01kipper ■ genkicolleen ■ theslitherydeee ■ nicohvc ■ VampiroAlhazred ■ DProject ■ Treasure ■ duragon ■ HypersomniacLive (for dr.schliemann) ■ BranjoHello ■ lugum ■ phandom ■ hummer010 ■ Lemon_Curry ■ wolfsrain ■ ASnakeNeverDies ■ Crewdroog (for dr.schliemann) ■ stg83 ■ phaolo ■ jonridan

== step-by-step iPiccy guide ==

1) download a GOGBear image to your computer

2) download a historical image to your computer

3) go to iPiccy

4) click on "Start Editing!"

5) click on "Upload photo"

6) navigate to where you downloaded your historical pic to, then upload it

7) in the navigation bar on top, click on the fourth icon from left (looks like four blue sheets stacked above each other - hovering your mouse pointer over it, it says: "Blender: layer photos, add text and stickers")

8) in the navigation bar below the one we just used, click on the first icon from left (shows a photo icon - "Add photo")

9) you have to enable local storage for this, just follow the on-screen text

10) click on the "Upload Photos" button in the left pane

11) navigate to where you downloaded your GOGBear image to, then upload it

12) drag the GOGBear image onto the historical picture

13) putting your mouse pointer over the GOGBear and holding left-click, lets you move it around

14) to tilt the GOGBear, place your mouse pointer on the one "handle"-like point (on top of that line that extends upwards from the image layer box), hold left-click and drag

15) to resize the GOGBear, place your mouse pointer over the right upper corner point next to the bear's ear, hold left-click and drag

16) when you are OK with where you placed GOGBear and all, click the check mark icon in the upper right corner of the window ("Combine layers and close")

17) in the navigation bar on top, click on the first icon from the right (the disk icon, "Save"), give it a name then and save the finished image to your computer

Add the image to a post here - Done! :)

Hope this is easily understandable. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT2: Added link re: livestreamer (handy if stream is laggy)
EDIT: Thanks to ASnakeNeverDies, entrants can now use a hi-res GOGBear image
Attachments:
example.jpg (135 Kb)
Post edited June 28, 2014 by chevkoch
When did they officially rename him GOGBear? - I WANT MY CUT!!!
low rated
Sachys: When did they officially rename him GOGBear? - I WANT MY CUT!!!
He is actually called Theodore, which was posted by GOG themselve.
It's clearly a GOG Bear and not a goat.
Post edited June 22, 2014 by lugum
Sachys:
Blowing your mind ;)
:O
low rated
Sachys:
chevkoch: Blowing your mind ;)
His mind is easily blown.
chevkoch: Blowing your mind ;)
lugum: His mind is easily blown.
That's handy because that's all I got for tonight.
low rated
lugum: His mind is easily blown.
chevkoch: That's handy because that's all I got for tonight.
Even a Vectrex can make better jokes. :p
lugum:
Kinda harsh, comparing my comedy skills with obsolete gaming tech from yesteryear - which I'd gladly accept as a gift from you nonetheless ;)
low rated
lugum:
chevkoch: Kinda harsh, comparing my comedy skills with obsolete gaming tech from yesteryear - which I'd gladly accept as a gift from you nonetheless ;)
I still haven't won that lottery yet.. beside shipping that piece of history to you is kinda risky, you have to drive all the way by car to come and get it. :p
i <3 globe-trotting GOGBear - cool idea for a giveaway !

GOGBear Sighting:
Occupy protest at UC Davis. November 18, 2011.
GOGBear meets Lt. John Pike aka Pepper Spray Cop.
Attachments:
Post edited June 22, 2014 by WhiteElk
WhiteElk:
He sprayed the GOGBear too?! I just read up on that incident again, it's baffling how that cop could so casually go about his business. Wasn't it GOGBear who got him fired from the campus police, and righteously so? Don't mess with that bear! :)
Thanks for the giveaway and thank you for pointing out the charity gaming marathon.

Please, if I'd win, use the money prize for a donation to Doctors Without Borders.
Attachments:
WhiteElk:
chevkoch: He sprayed the GOGBear too?! I just read up on that incident again, it's baffling how that cop could so casually go about his business. Wasn't it GOGBear who got him fired from the campus police, and righteously so? Don't mess with that bear! :)
GOGBear has powers! His outstreched hand prevented the spray from reaching him. He tried to protect the others, but his powers were exhausted from previously protecting peaceful protesters who were being clubbed by the cops. GOGBear, being GOGBear spoke of forgiving John Pike, but nothing could save that dudes job.

Agreed, i cannot fathom how that dude could so casually cause harm to people sitting peacefully on the ground. Nor do i understand how that cop was given money for the "pain and suffering" caused by the internets making fun of him. Yet the people who were physically assaulted did not suffer pain and psychological stress?
dr.schliemann:
I always knew there was something fishy about the 1969 moon landing. Thanks to you, we can now confirm that GOGBear possibly was the third Apollo 11 crew member to set foot on the moon. Or was it waiting for the lunar mission to arrive to screw with them?

And that's awesome of you, will follow your wish and make it a donation in your name if you'll win!