It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A geopolitical simulation.

Supreme Ruler 2010, a deep and robust strategy game with real-world modern setting and switchable turn-based or RTS gameplay, is available on GOG.com, for only $5.99.

Almost 10 years ago, Supreme Ruler 2010 represented the next generation of strategy game. Not another build and attack 'click fest', but a challenging simulation of political and military leadership. You control the agenda of your region as you maintain its economy, grow the support of your population, and strive to influence your neighbors. Through skilled management your influence and popularity will grow... Will you be a successful diplomat, who can increase your power through an incredibly flexible diplomacy model, or will you be a ruthless and ambitious ruler that lets your tanks and missiles speak for you? With hundreds of detailed and accurate military units to control ranging from battalions to entire divisions and a revolutionary campaign system with over 40 scenarios and over 200 possible starting regions from virtually anywhere in the world, this robust strategy title has all bases covered.

From turn-based to real-time gameplay (this title features them both, so you can choose your preferred playing style), you get all the deep strategic challenge you need in Supreme Ruler 2010, for only $5.99 on GOG.com.
Ravenvolf: Are there any plans on releases Supreme Ruler Unity here? I would be more interested in the latest one than getting an older version of the game.
If you mean Supreme Ruler Ultimate then no.
Why would you put this one here when you have Ultimate one? Why would I buy this one if I could buy Ultimate instead?
Garret02: Why would you put this one here when you have Ultimate one? Why would I buy this one if I could buy Ultimate instead?
Cause in my opinion this game probably falls under gogs classic releases. But I can be wrong.
Post edited October 24, 2014 by Matruchus
I've always wanted to play one of these titles and thus... wishlisted. Thanks gog.
Ravenvolf: Are there any plans on releases Supreme Ruler Unity here? I would be more interested in the latest one than getting an older version of the game.
Matruchus: If you mean Supreme Ruler Ultimate then no.
Ultimate is the one I mean. I'll wait for that one to be released on gog, if ever.
Erich_Zann: I'm doing my best not to write about it in every release thread, but I see you've got it covered. Carry on !
tfishell: Mustn't let them forget. ;-)
True.
Aaand the countdown's on. Now I'm genuinely curious as opposed to somewhat interested previously. Dat psychological marketing tactic.
Post edited October 24, 2014 by Erich_Zann
tburger: Is it some kind of remake, because according to GOG system requirements are FAR higher than those present on other sites?
No, just the same mistake as on Alien vs Predator page - some "default" specs displayed instead of the correct ones. And AvP works perfectly on my much weaker machine. Windows XP _and_ 4GB RAM at the same time seems unlikely anyway.
Zabohad: No, just the same mistake as on Alien vs Predator page - some "default" specs displayed instead of the correct ones. And AvP works perfectly on my much weaker machine. Windows XP _and_ 4GB RAM at the same time seems unlikely anyway.
Yup, I think you are right. but they should avoid such mistakes. It makes a released game look like 'lowkey release'
tburger: Is it some kind of remake, because according to GOG system requirements are FAR higher than those present on other sites?
Zabohad: No, just the same mistake as on Alien vs Predator page - some "default" specs displayed instead of the correct ones. And AvP works perfectly on my much weaker machine. Windows XP _and_ 4GB RAM at the same time seems unlikely anyway.
Supreme ruler 2010 System Requirements from Gamersgate:

Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP
Pentium II 400MHz (Pentium III 800 Recommended)
256MB RAM (256MB RAM Recommended)
3D Graphics Card with 8MB Video RAM (32MB AGP Video RAM Recommended)
DirectX 8.1 or Higher
DirectX Compatible Sound Card
tfishell: Mustn't let them forget. ;-)
Erich_Zann: True.
Aaand the countdown's on. Now I'm genuinely curious as opposed to somewhat interested previously. Dat psychological marketing tactic.
*Thumbs up*
htown1980: All these strategy games seem so hard and complicated. I think my years of television watching have made my brain too mushy for them.
Hmm never fear Australian TV is getting worse so you might be able to wean yourself off it and start solidifying your brain. Then again you might keep watching and make things worse, soon won't be able to put words together to post in this forum.

I wonder if GOG can work that into their marketing, "Beat brain mush, Play Games and solidify your brain"
Good release.
Never heard of this. Does this play anything like Civilization?
RafaelLVX: Never heard of this. Does this play anything like Civilization?
No not at all. In this game you have basically control over everything possible. Policies, politics, trade, army, etc. The closest that it might to is Hearts of Iron game series but this game is a lot more complicated then that. Your army has a form of autonomy in this game when the troops can fight by themselves without your control (depending on autonomy poicies) but you don't need to fight if you don't wan't to and in some scenarios its not advised to do that since other countries can turn on you fast, etc. Its hard to describe how vast this game is.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by Matruchus