It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Be at the heart of every skirmish. Original Mount & Blade FREE for 48 hours!

With the sound of a thousand horses riding in furious gallop and warriors shouting their battlecry from the top of their lungs, the Mount & Blade series storms GOG.com! For the next 48 hours you can sign up for a free copy of the original Mount & Blade on the GOG.com front page. You can also grab all the remaining titles in the Mount & Blade Series, that is Warband, With Fire and Sword, and Napoleonic Wars bundled up to 75% off. That's only $10.97* for the entire Mount & Blade collection (including the first one in the series that comes free). Finally, you can pre-order the upcoming Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC, expected to launch mid-December, 20% off!

Mount & Blade is a series best known for it's diverse and organic free-form sand-box gameplay. You are free to go anywhere in a world with more than a hundred unique locations including villages, castles and towns. The groundbreaking horseback combat mechanics and large-scale battle simulations you can experience across the Mount & Blade series are simply peerless! The Warband expansion introduced multiplayer battles with up to 64 players to give us the next best thing to actually meeting in the field, ironclad and ready for war. Each of the iterations presents a different fictional or factual campaigns. The events, the setting, the combat tactics, equipment, and cultural details are firmly rooted in historical knowledge. You can be anything from a lonesome adventurer to a commander of armies or an owner of villages, castles or towns - there is no limit to what you can achieve with your chivalry or villainy. And if what the series offers still isn't quite enough for you, make sure to check out hundreds of available mods prepared by the game's very active community.

There are a few gameworlds as enthralling as the ones you'll get to see from horseback in this amazing series of games, now available DRM-free on GOG.com! The original Mount & Blade is free on GOG until Friday, Nov. 14, at 1:59PM GMT - make sure to sign up for your free copy on the GOG.com front page. In that time, you can also get the rest of the Mount & Blade Series for only $10.97* - that's 75% off in our special bundle (60% off when purchasing separate titles). The 20% off pre-order offer on the Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC will remain active until the DLC arrives.

See TotalBiscuit tackle the challenge of the live medieval in this Let's Play straight form Twitch.tv/GOGcom:

*$9.97 is the discounted bundle price for this title in the US. Other prices will apply in different countries. If you end up paying more than than the US price, we will reimburse the difference from our own pocket, giving it back to you in store credit (this is what we call the "Fair Price Package").
Post edited November 24, 2014 by G-Doc
Thanks for the free game once again GOG.com! Only played a couple minutes of it, put it looks like I'll be enjoying this one when I get some more free time on my hands :)
Klumpen0815: The whole series was listed as $9,xx at the promo,
at checking out it suddenly was $10.17 and no shop credit.

Do I see this right, that there was regional pricing included without a shop credit for the first time here and completely sneaky too?
Yes that seems to be true for a few countries like UK and Germany where the buyer's first noticed this happening although Grargar linked this to currency conversion but the currious thing is that I paid the $9.XX price in euros where as some people got 10.17$ equivalent in euros to pay.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Matruchus
DAAAMNNNN!! missed it! :(
It sucks that I had 20 minutes to get this game and my friggin Wi-Fi was spotty because I was on the train. I hope I'm not missing anything.
Thanks for the game. You´re the best.
GOG.com: Be at the heart of every skirmish. Original Mount & Blade FREE for 48 hours!
Thanks for emailing me about this nearly 2 hours after it had finished!!!!
Not impressed.
GOG.com: Be at the heart of every skirmish. Original Mount & Blade FREE for 48 hours!
kaptainai: Thanks for emailing me about this nearly 2 hours after it had finished!!!!
Not impressed.
I wondered if GOG had compensated for bad internet. Now I know. Here's to hope that they'll give at least another 24 hours on whatever next freebie they put up. =(

~D. V. "Looking Forward" Devnull
I just received an update notification for "With Fire And Sword" but I don't see anything marked as new, nor any threads talking about it. Is there any info out somewhere else about this?
yyahoo: I just received an update notification for "With Fire And Sword" but I don't see anything marked as new, nor any threads talking about it. Is there any info out somewhere else about this?
I think they added a mutilplayer fix, as I don't remember it being there when I downloaded the game yesterday.

Edit-typo
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Treasure
yyahoo: I just received an update notification for "With Fire And Sword" but I don't see anything marked as new, nor any threads talking about it. Is there any info out somewhere else about this?
Treasure: I think they added a mutilplayer fix, as I don't remember it being there when I downloaded the game yesterday.

Edit-typo
Thanks, I hadn't seen the file listing until now, so I didn't know that wasn't there before...
Спасибо! Жаль не стим версия :(
FILINSHEIN: Спасибо! Жаль не стим версия :(
(Google Translated - probably very badly)

GOG не продает паровые ключи, но вы все еще можете запустить игру от клиента пара. Я надеюсь, что помогает.

GOG does not sell steam keys, but you can still launch the game from the steam client. I hope that helps.
Why bother sending a Mount & Blade 48 hour free game notice at 2:40 PM Nov 15, 2014 when it ended on 1:59 PM GMT Nov. 14. Is it just to say FU? Why the hell am I signed up to your mailing list when you can't send it on time?
Attachments:
Post edited November 16, 2014 by Malignant_Manor
Anybody knows where I could rewatch the Mount & Blade twitch stream with Total Biscuit cause I unfortunately missed it and gogs twitch tv does not have it listed for viewing.

Edit: Never mind the above it seems twitch tv changed the system. I found the video now.
Post edited November 16, 2014 by Matruchus
G-Doc: I've just updated the news post with a Twitch stream announcement! In 22 hours from now, join TotalBiscuit as he plays the original Mount & Blade at ! <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/release_mount_blade_series_free_game_cc507/post161" class="link_arrow"></a></div> You might want to change the Twitch streaming link on [url=http://www.gog.com/news/release_mount_blade_series_free_game]this page so it only plays the relevant show.

Currently, it just plays the live session.

By the way, might you consider including a link to your shows on the relevant game pages so people can easily check out the gameplay?
Post edited November 16, 2014 by Lemon_Curry