It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A documentary series about making games in 48 hours.

Super Game Jam, a fascinating documentary series about the refreshing gamedev trend of creating games in 48 hours is available in streaming and as a DRM-free download on GOG.com.

Super Game Jam is an engaging new documentary series following some of the world’s most talented indie game developers doing what they do best. Filmed in five cities over a six month time period, each episode pairs two indie developers together for 48 hours and challenges them to create a game based on a theme suggested by their peers. The series examines the creative process, technical skill, and friendships that form through a game jam event on a more personal and intimate level.

This movie release includes 5 game prototypes, created over the course of 48 hours as documented in each of the episodes.
Post edited November 19, 2014 by G-Doc
Overpriced for a documentary about jams.... It would also have been better to include some winning games from the jams as bonuses instead of searching the web.
catpower1980: Overpriced for a documentary about jams.... It would also have been better to include some winning games from the jams as bonuses instead of searching the web.
Emm... where do you see the price in this announcement?
Gotta love the little by little releases of Devolver's "movies". Now if you started doing the same with LucasArts games at least... ;)
catpower1980: Overpriced for a documentary about jams.... It would also have been better to include some winning games from the jams as bonuses instead of searching the web.
They are included but they're being treated as installers for the time being :)
So is this just one episode of a series or the whole series?
Unusually, the OP doesn't mention the price at all. ($14.99, discounted 33% to $9.99.)
omega64: So is this just one episode of a series or the whole series?
All 5 episodes :)
omega64: So is this just one episode of a series or the whole series?
JudasIscariot: All 5 episodes :)
So Judas have you seen them yet? :P
I wonder if it's any good.
Post edited November 19, 2014 by omega64
JudasIscariot: They are included but they're being treated as installers for the time being :)
OK, I see that G-Doc edited the OP. It would even be better if the names of the game prototypes were written somewhere on the game card ;)
I couldn't find the total runtime of this series...
Runtime is important when planning an evening.
Can you give us the titles of the games that are included as a bonus? I would like to know what to expect.
Does Zoe have a cameo?
Looking forward to when more classics will appear.
Thanks gog, this is actually a really cool release. I've been toiling in a game dev club this semester, so learning about how others approach rapid-fire game design is of particular interest to me! Definitely gonna pick this up.