It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enter for a chance to receive a bundle of 66 indie games!

With today's addition of FEZ the number of indie games in GOG.com catalog amounts to 66. It's a nice sounding number (about 2/3rds of 100!), so we thought celebration is in order. What better way is there to celebrate games, than by giving away free games? (Here's a hint: there is no better way.) So, for the next 6 days everyone gets the chance to enter our sweepstakes--and the prizes are truly sweet. One lucky person will receive an enormous bundle of all the 66 indie games from our catalog. Eleven more people will be awarded 6 indie games of their choice each. Here's how you enter:

Do you see the entry form below? All you need to do is provide us with your valid email address. That's it, you're in! You get exactly one entry in the sweepstakes. Optionally, you can make your chances better by doing two things for us: you can tweet about our sweepstakes for an extra entry (there's a Twitter field already filled out for you--if you don't want to tweet, make sure it's blank before submitting your entry), and notify your Facebook friends (a pop-up will pop-up upon completing the form). You'll be awarded an extra entry for every friend that enters from your referral. All this social-sharing is purely optional, of course.

Note: the sweepstakes entry is now closed. Winners will be contacted soon.
Post edited May 02, 2013 by G-Doc
nijuu: Question. Looked at the OP again.I don't see any link to the form?.
triock: Try here ;) https://secure.gog.com/news/game_sweepstakes_66_incredible_indies
this is weird. I am now on another computer and it seems I did not enter?
Tried to enter again, but can not enter (again)?

Shouldn't I see my tickets for the sweeptake and that I have already entered?
Daniel Ruf: this is weird. I am now on another computer and it seems I did not enter?

Sorry, I don't know. :/
Daniel Ruf: this is weird. I am now on another computer and it seems I did not enter?

triock: Sorry, I don't know. :/
Trying to enter and I see the 3 buttons but after hitting F5, I see the form again =(
Did I not enter because of the wrong URL yesterday?
triock: Sorry, I don't know. :/
Daniel Ruf: Trying to enter and I see the 3 buttons but after hitting F5, I see the form again =(
Ask one of the blue ones. ;)
Daniel Ruf: Trying to enter and I see the 3 buttons but after hitting F5, I see the form again =(
triock: Ask one of the blue ones. ;)
Will do so, but which one?

Also the referal id is now another =(
ufp__6ZAtD5eWy (today, everytime another one)
ufp__6Z9fc2v1N (yesterday the whole day)
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Daniel Ruf
Pardonne moi, but what the FUCK do you need THIS for?

This application will be able to:
"Update your profile."
CheeseshireCat: Pardonne moi, but what the FUCK do you need THIS for?

"Update your profile."
I agree. I never liked "partner" apps that state such things. It makes it sound like they can hijack your Twitter account with "updating your profile" and making tweets under your account. I've been the victim of a few of these on Facebook, but never again.

Thanks, GOG, but no thanks. Just not worth it. :|
CheeseshireCat: Pardonne moi, but what the FUCK do you need THIS for?

"Update your profile."
GloryQuestor: I agree. I never liked "partner" apps that state such things. It makes it sound like they can hijack your Twitter account with "updating your profile" and making tweets under your account. I've been the victim of a few of these on Facebook, but never again.

Thanks, GOG, but no thanks. Just not worth it. :|
I have to agree with you two. I went to that point and then decided, it's not worth it.
Perhaps think of some other way to do this in the future GOG?
These sweepstakes and contest are starting to get a bit funny.
Heres how i envision it...

Users VS GOG

Round 1
Users :
But i cant enter, blah, blah,blah 1
gog :
Do the following blah, blah, blah 1
gog VS Users 1-1

Round 2
gong Bell is broken
please wait while the staff is replacing it.

gog:
Iits fixed critical hit 2
Users :
Cant enter stlll, blah, bla, blah, critical counterattack 2
gog vs Users : 2-2

Round 3
gog :
Try this, 1
Users :
Complaining, whining, demanding, etc Uppercut 3
gog :
Still not a solution., 0
gog vs Users 1-3

Any other woud have given up by now

So from sarcasm and joking to something serious
Why not do some contructive sugestion instead?
Post edited May 02, 2013 by Lodium
Lodium: So from sarcasm and joking to something serious
These kinds of hypocritical rubbish posts are hardly helpful.

Bottom line is that we've complained about the use of social media and the practice of giving extra entries for spamming our friends. That's constructive, all GOG needs to do is knock it off.

Just because you choose to be dismissive and miss the point, does not mean that Mr. Gog doesn't have anything to go on, it just means that you're being obtuse.
Lodium: So from sarcasm and joking to something serious
hedwards: These kinds of hypocritical rubbish posts are hardly helpful.

Bottom line is that we've complained about the use of social media and the practice of giving extra entries for spamming our friends. That's constructive, all GOG needs to do is knock it off.

Just because you choose to be dismissive and miss the point, does not mean that Mr. Gog doesn't have anything to go on, it just means that you're being obtuse.
You are missing my point
I dont see alot of sugestions on how they can do it better.
My post wasnt a way to say that social media is the way to go or it wasnt alowed to critizize that.
But theres a huge leap between contructive critizsm and the other.

Forexample
i can suggest they coud do a lottery style contest with a random draw withouth the need of a social medium.
See, that wasnt so hard.
Lodium: You are missing my point
My post wasnt a way to say that social media is the way to go or it wasnt alowed to critizize that.

Forexample
i can suggest they coud do a lottery style contest with a random draw withouth the need of a social medium.
See, that wasnt so hard.
I'm not missing your point. You're missing mine.

Bottom line here is that people are complaining about them requiring social media to maximize the likelihood of winning and spamming our contacts. The suggestion is that they don't do that.

I think that's more than enough for them to work with.
Lodium: You are missing my point

Forexample
See, that wasnt so hard.
hedwards: I'm not missing your point. You're missing mine.

Bottom line here is that people are complaining about them requiring social media to maximize the likelihood of winning and spamming our contacts. The suggestion is that they don't do that.

I think that's more than enough for them to work with.
Any ideas what they can do instead or do you want to leave it up to them in the style of what EA and others do?
Why not give them them an idea or direction to work with?

When Origin went live
People told them it was bad, but there werent alot of people that had any sugestion on how to make it better.
In fact alot of the posts looks like some of the posts in this trhead.

Result : After update client was worse than it already was
Lodium: Any ideas what they can do instead or do you want to leave it up to them in the style of what EA and others do?
We did give them a clear idea and direction. Don't grant extra entries for spamming. And don't require social networking.

I'm not really sure how it could be any clearer than that. They have marketing people, we aren't griping about them having a contest, we're griping about how little thought they put into conveying the rules and the abuse of social networking.
Lodium: Any ideas what they can do instead or do you want to leave it up to them in the style of what EA and others do?
hedwards: We did give them a clear idea and direction. Don't grant extra entries for spamming. And don't require social networking.

I'm not really sure how it could be any clearer than that. They have marketing people, we aren't griping about them having a contest, we're griping about how little thought they put into conveying the rules and the abuse of social networking.
Example.
Have an idea
Recruit a friend reward program.

Do you have friends that play games?, and Old games too?
Great, now you can have a chance to be rewarded by recruiting friends to GOG.
Theres no need to spam emails or do social networking, just have them mention you when and if they join this site.

Thats just an general idea
though migth be a bad one due people migth spam or do social networking to have a bigger chance to win.
But ive seen something simmiliar that worked quite well.