It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HAH, as if. But if you are an optimist, be very happy. The MMO rights of Fallout is still in limbo between Bethesda (who, unless you've been living under a rock now owns the rights to the Fallout IP) and Interplay (who was given a license to create a Fallout MMO by Bethesda under certain conditions) so aside from the blatantly obvious Fallout reference in the MMO's project name, nobody really knows if it's a Fallout MMO or just an MMO that happens to look like Fallout.
Well, here's to hoping that it doesn't suck, regardless of what it is named. I am so tired of the usual fantasy MMORPGs. If I see another elf or dwarf in an MMO... bleh. I know there have been some other attempts, but they never seem to do as well as the fantasy counterparts. Eve is the only mainstream exception I can think of (correct me if I am wrong). Failed futuristic/post-apocalyptic that I have played include: Neocron (I loved this game, played the beta), Star Wars Galaxies, Auto Assault, Jumpgate (not exactly 'failed' but it really didn't do well), Tabula Rasa, and.. I know there is at least one more I am forgetting.
It would take a miracle for this to happen and I have zero faith in Interplay these days. It's highly likely to become the next DNF.
Post edited January 24, 2010 by Delixe
Titus, the shittiest publisher in the whole history of gaming, took over Interplay. They got rid of anything good about the company and just profit off of the old IPs, like they do here.
The chances of them actually producing anything never mind actually maintaining an MMO are nil. They also seem resigned to the fact that they're going to lose the Fallout license. Given that their retention of the license depended solely on their performance on this title, I think that speaks volumes.
I loved Interplay back in the day. But this ain't that company in anything other than name.
Navagon: Titus, the shittiest publisher in the whole history of gaming

Never a truer word spoken. How they ever made any money is beyond me. All they ever did was serve up great big piles of shit.
Delixe: Never a truer word spoken. How they ever made any money is beyond me. All they ever did was serve up great big piles of shit.

It is indeed a mystery. How they managed to secure licenses like Superman is also a mystery. Although, admittedly Superman is hardly the best license for gaming.
It's just a shame that Interplay was so hopeless with money that they wound up being bought out by the absolute worst possible candidate. You would have thought they could have held out for a better offer. Ah well.
just because they are in court, doesn't mean that there's an injunction to stop the game from being sold or ran or anything like that.
Unfortunately, the world will end before a beta. (2012)
Hey for those who want an a "fallout" type MMO - there is fallenearth I briefly played the beta and seemed pretty good. But I just didn't feel like committing to an MMO.
WARNING - the website is annoying flash-style and makes a lot of noise.
Drelmanes: Unfortunately, the world will end before a beta. (2012)

Nah, it's all hype like Borderlands was, and the Y2K bug (can't believed that I fell for that one, though I was only 10 1/2 when it happend) so I think we will sadly see the beta for Vault 13. It might be better if they give up the fight over Fallout licensing and just make a post-apoc MMO, no pressure then.
tb87670: Nah, it's all hype like Borderlands was

Hey now, I enjoyed Borderlands.
I really hope they don't screw this up. If Interplay pulls this off without it being a complete POS, maybe I'll have some hope for them. Maybe.
Oh, and shouldn't this be in the Fallout dedicated forum? Just a thought.
Post edited January 24, 2010 by sk8ing667

By then there will be no need for Fallout games, cause we'll be living it.
Delixe: Never a truer word spoken. How they ever made any money is beyond me. All they ever did was serve up great big piles of shit.

For fuck's sake, they made a Blues Brothers game.
michaelleung: For fuck's sake, they made a Blues Brothers game.

The original Blues Brothers game was rather good on the Amiga. Titus must have been having an off day. Usually their licensed games are ugly, buggy, piles of shit. Case in point:
Dick Tracy, Superman64, Xena, Hercules and Robocop.

I have looked in to my magic 8 ball.... In the year 2012 there maybe a undead attack.ready that holy water,vampire slayer gear,guns,more guns,items that weaken or kill undead.
Fear the night for the dead need no rest.That and there leader will be a lich.
.............................................................................................................. ...........................................
a fallout mmo you say?I may have to try this out some time in 2012 when i have nothing better to do.If there is a mmo that is.