It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone try Alliance or XwingvsTie with an Xbox 360 controller? Just wondering how it works.. I have a Flightstick pro but waiting for a USB/serial connector from amazon to show on Monday.,. Haven't bought either game yet but planning on it.. and I do have a usb Xbox 360 controller I use on the pc. Any thoughts?
TotalBiscuit said on the stream yesterday that it works just fine with an XBox controller though he did recommend a proper Flightstick.
Geralt_of_Rivia: TotalBiscuit said on the stream yesterday that it works just fine with an XBox controller though he did recommend a proper Flightstick.
LOL if he was playing with a controller I would certainly recommend a flightstick. He was getting his @$$ handed to him early and often! ;) Little rusty with the flight sims I see ;)
Ixamyakxim: LOL if he was playing with a controller I would certainly recommend a flightstick. He was getting his @$$ handed to him early and often! ;) Little rusty with the flight sims I see ;)
It probably has something to do with the sheer number of controls needed. I don't know whether those later games in the series "streamlined" things any, but in TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM, the various commands took up the majority of the keyboard. It can't be easy using a controller -- typically requiring two hands -- and still freeing up a hand once in a while to use whatever commands aren't mapped to the buttons/sticks/triggers (there would almost have to be at least a few that wouldn't fit). By contrast, a decent joystick should be useable with one hand, at least much of the time, leaving the other hand free to use the keyboard.
I use an xbox controller with a iPad that has a custom keyboard layout for X-wing. The controller takes some getting used to but I prefer it to the flightstick, the tablet helps me with the extra functions.
Scadden: I use an xbox controller with a iPad that has a custom keyboard layout for X-wing. The controller takes some getting used to but I prefer it to the flightstick, the tablet helps me with the extra functions.
...yeaaah the more i hear about the fighter series the less i want to play them