FF5 and 6 are my most hated. Sprites, battle UI, and 5's frames are doubled so even though the game displays 60 FPS, it's just running at 30 FPS. Severe errors with 6's programming too. Good thing they're removed today, though I cannot appreciate how the PRs come without the bonus postgame content.
FF8r is also bad. No AI to rescale images to fix the blurry backgrounds and now we have HD character models contrasting someone's zoomed up water colour painting. Not the worst I played, though.
Good point bringing up 10, mqstout. I have enormous nitpicks with it in addition to yours:
- I know it's just a remaster, but would've liked costume DLCs. Would've gladly pay extra to replace some of the most out-of-place and tackiest costume designs I've ever seen in the entire series rivaling LR. Tidus's whole design
has got to go. And I understand Lulu is supposed to be a fanservice character, but it makes no sense to be wearing a low cut dress a fur trim and a multi-belt dress when everyone else is trying to stay cool as possible. Also, the bare thigh NPC lady
, whom is neither sexy or interesting, just distracting and inappropriate.
- The endgame had terrible balancing and difficulty spikes. Sin is too easy, but Omega Dungeon is too difficult. I've no idea what they were thinking! Your only choice was to establish a foothold in Omega Dungeon after every battle before grinding at the Monster Arena.
- I didn't mind Dark Aeons too much until after Shiva. At that point, you were forced to grind the grid and get the Auto-Phoenix, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, RIbbon, Break HP Limit, etc. abilities to even stand a chance. And once you force your players to play a certain way, it's no longer fun anymore. What I did have an issue with was Dark Valefor blocking Besaid Island for those who missed the Destruction Spheres there at the start. But pretty easy to take down with Aeon OD abuse.
- Yeah, fuck Penance. To date, the only FF superboss I've never tackled legitimately. Ain't no one's got time to grind for hours on end, fully max out the sphere grid, and farm fortune spheres just to stand a chance. I just paid Yojimbo all my gil and I was done. And I'm not looking forward to Yiazmat one of you two mentioned earlier when I start on 12.
- Fuck those Celestial Weapon minigames even more. You need them to stand any chance against any of these superbosses. Save your frustration and just cheat them in after completing all the endgame content. Very disappointed they never made any of them easier even though they knew it was flawed through artificial difficulty. For those chocbo racing minigames, you have to keep repeating and resetting until RNG gives you the one track configuration where you're actually able to win for both Chocobo Hunter and Requiem Temple. Would've either made requirements to pass easier and/or add in other alternative ways of obtaining them based on NPC sidequests and monster hunts.
- Yep, needed cutscene skip. I thankfully didn't have this problem, but I'm sympathetic to those who died constantly to that boss at Mt. Gazette.