It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There's a weekend ahead of us, meaning that the first week of our Winter Sale is coming to an end! But as we mentioned previously, with more than 4500 titles discounted as high as -90%, we are just getting started!

To end this week with a bang, we’re coming back with another awesome giveaway, as well as exclusive, time-limited GOG 2-pack containing great thematic games with super deals, and GOG SHOWDOWN stream!

But, one at a time:

Get ready to embark on an incredible adventure across the seven seas, where you’ll discover lost islands and treasures, fight rival pirates and menacing monsters, and become the most legendary pirate of all time! King of Seas – action RPG set in a deadly procedurally generated pirate world is free to claim for the next 72 hours (until December 19th, 2 PM UTC)!

Additionally, we’re releasing a GOG exclusive collection, which will only be available during the Winter Sale!

It is an awesome Roguelike 2-pack with Curse of the Dead Gods and Loop Hero with their sum discount being 65% off!

Curse of the Dead Gods is a skill-based roguelike in which you’ll be exploring a cruel, dark temple made of endless rooms and corridors. Loop Hero on the other hand will introduce you to the world thrown by The Lich into a timeless loop and its inhabitants plunged into never ending chaos. You’ll wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain along each unique expedition loop for the brave hero.

And lastly we’d like to invite you to join us during our special GOG SHOWDOWN stream on our Twitch Channel, which will take place on Sunday, December 18th, from 3 PM to 6 PM UTC! GOG SHOWDOWN is our very own trivia game show where we test gaming knowledge of our streamers, crew, and guests! The event will be hosted by amazing PantslessAaron. Who has obscure knowledge about the games? Who has the best deduction skills? Who is just lucky? Join us and find out! Lots of fun and laughter guaranteed.

So whether it’s a naval adventure on a pirate-filled sea, fantasy worlds of endless corridors and timeless loops, far away planets, dark, deep sea waters, or… fun on Twitch – we have it all within our Winter Sale! Have a great weekend everyone!
Sternitzky: First of all, the game itself works properly in terms of being able to save, since it's obvious, that this is a client related issue. From this point of view, they needn't do anything.
Wrong: GOG is only working with the files they get.. They usually don't add or remove files. So if the puiblisher is uploading GOG files which do not work correct without Galaxy (something that is demanded with every GOG game) they need to fix the issue. The (obviously) client related file was not added by GOG, it was part of the build provided by the publisher. It is not GOGs responsibility to change files they get provided. It is their responsibility to tell their "partners" aboout it. I told Team 17 not just what the issue is but also how they can fix this and their reply was rather underwhelming. The fact alone that Team 17 knows about the issue without fixing it (they know this since at least a year) and therefore basically selling a knowingly broken game (if you take into account that GOGs games are supposed to be able to be played without any client) is borderline criminal.

Sternitzky: From another point of view, it depends on how much control GOG gives its business partners to upload things and, especially, alter that GOG64.dll file. If GOG does the rest, it must patch that dll file. And if Team 17 did it, they have to do it.
You see it backwards. GOG is not even allowed to change files in the case of some publishers. So the NORMAL case is that the publishers are fixing their games and that they are responsible that everything is working as intended. Keep in mind that we are not even talking about examining the file in question ... everything works just after deleting the file in question so we are talking about the work of maybe 20 minutes or so ... depending on how long it takes to create a new installer pckage and upload it to GOG. Every publisher is allowed to upload things to GOG, only in rare cases GOG still wants to check those build before releasing it. Team 17 is a known publisher to GOG and you can be sure that they have free hand to upload their build through the Galaxy backend directly to GOG.

Sternitzky: Fact is, this file alteration made the offline version copy right protected in terms of not being able to save the game (like in a demo). And fact is, if GOG gives too much third party control to its offline installer feature, there is a chance, publishers might abuse it to implement some sort of copy protection through the back door.
You really think the broken non-galaxy-savestate could have been be intended by the publsiher who wanted to sell their game DRM'd on a DRM-free store? Highly unlikeable (and I can't remember any other case in which such thing has happened here ... maybe Hitman but that was a bit different and the game was removed afterwards). Imo it is much more realistic that the publishers (or rather the devs) simply just tested the game with the GOG Galaxy client and neglected to test it without the client.
Post edited December 20, 2022 by MarkoH01
I have completed a couple of playthroughs in King of Seas, but non of the "Complete the game in xxx difficulty" achievements unlocked for me (I managed to unlock 24 achievements, only missing the 5 difficulty related achievements)

Anyone else ?
A.M.R.: I have completed a couple of playthroughs in King of Seas, but non of the "Complete the game in xxx difficulty" achievements unlocked for me (I managed to unlock 24 achievements, only missing the 5 difficulty related achievements)

Anyone else ?
Can't help you with your question but I'd like to thank you for posting it. I did not even know that the game had achievements and since this obviously is the case the galaxy64.dll file now has a reason to exist if you use Galaxy. So for those who use Galaxy: if you delete the galaxy64.dll file achievements won't work anymore at all. This also means that for the game to be fixed completely in opposite of what I saidf (and tjought) before the galaxy64 file need to be replaced with a working one that won't break saving when not using Galaxy.