It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Within our Winter Sale we have it all – more than 4500 titles discounted as high as -90%, curated, thematic collections, exclusive GOG bundles, quizzes, contests, giveaways, flash deals, and many more gaming goodness!

But, as you’ve most likely already noticed, we are absolutely not done!

Let’s give a warm welcome to our partners, who are joining the Winter Sale with their special collections of awesome titles:

Razer Collection
From the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers comes an exclusive selection of titles enhanced by Razer technology for an elevated gaming experience. With those Winter Sale discounts, these gems will provide you with incredible sensations.

Mad Catz Collection
The legendary gaming hardware brand, that has been leading innovation in gaming hardware, decided to show you their favorite titles, as their love for classic and new games is clearly visible with their collection of these great, Winter Sale-discounted titles. Be sure to check it out!

and… Can I Play That? Collection – you cannot find a more versatile and better-informed platform when it comes to accessibility and inclusivity in video games. They are THE experts on that matter. That’s why we are incredibly happy to say that together with Can I Play That?, we’ve created a special Collection of Accessible Games.

The games of choice there, take into consideration accessibility for color-blindness, blind and low vision, cognitive disabilities, deaf or hard of hearing, and motor/physical disabilities. We hope that with it, the incredibly important CIPT’s mission of empowering, informing and providing educational services to disabled persons who are passionate about games will be heard even louder.

Because whoever we are, and whatever difficulties we are facing, gaming has a special place in our hearts, and this amazing passion of ours should be easily accessible to everyone. Let’s spread the education and awareness about integration and inclusiveness in games together, so we can all enjoy and share marvelous adventures that they provide. And if you’d like to check out answers for what makes games accessible straight from the source – click HERE.

And now, there’s just one thing left to do – exploring our partners’ awesome collections and enjoying the Winter Sale even more! Which one are you gonna check out first?
Mad as Catz, to the forum with that...
GOG.com: Winter Sale Special: CanIPlayThat?, Razer, Mad Catz – explore our partners' awesome collections!
Ok, so can anybody explain to me the system behind these special sales pages?

I mean, it would be best if we could sort these lists by our own preferences, yet we can't, which sucks, but ok - if that's the way GOG wants it to be...

But for the life of me, I also can't recognize any other system after which they get sorted.

I mean, it's not after the alphabet, it's not after prices, it's not after discounts, it's not after "owned/not owned", it's not even after "on sale right now /not on sale right now"...

WTF is the system behind these sales?
Attachments:
system.jpg (415 Kb)
It's interesting that the accessibility collection includes Control considering that it's a game with a reputation for being inaccessible if you're colorblind.
Catventurer: It's interesting that the accessibility collection includes Control considering that it's a game with a reputation for being inaccessible if you're colorblind.
That's not the game with an issue.

Skyrim, for example, does have some issues in the intro:
* It appears to not be possible to change the settings before starting the game.
* Subtitles are off by default, and there is spoken dialog in the intro. Also, controller vibration is on and happens in the intro as well.
* Also, worth noting that the intro has a very realistic depiction of an execution, to the point where I had to look away at that point. Kill cams are kind of gruesome, as well, and can't be turned off.

With that said, I think it's really good that CanIPlayThat is partnering with GOG. Game accessibility is very important.

(Next step would be GOG adding some accessibility notes to game pages, like what accessibility issues have been reported with that game, as well as whether the game offers accessibility features like control rebinding.)
I only use madcatz controllers. They made way smaller og xbox controllers than the buick duke controller
dtgreene: That's not the game with an issue.

Skyrim, for example, does have some issues in the intro:
* It appears to not be possible to change the settings before starting the game.
* Subtitles are off by default, and there is spoken dialog in the intro. Also, controller vibration is on and happens in the intro as well.
* Also, worth noting that the intro has a very realistic depiction of an execution, to the point where I had to look away at that point. Kill cams are kind of gruesome, as well, and can't be turned off.

With that said, I think it's really good that CanIPlayThat is partnering with GOG. Game accessibility is very important.

(Next step would be GOG adding some accessibility notes to game pages, like what accessibility issues have been reported with that game, as well as whether the game offers accessibility features like control rebinding.)
I haven't played Skyrim in years, but I remember being able to access the settings before starting the game. Did they change that since the initial release? The original release, and at least the first re-release of it had issues with key rebinding though. You could rebind the keys, but the in-game UI still prompted you to press the default keys instead of your rebound keys. You had to remember what the default function of the key it was wanting you to press and press the key you changed it to instead. It was a real PiTA, I made a mod that was one of the most popular mods on Nexus for a while that forced the game to use default keys in the UI. It wasn't an ideal solution, but it was better than nothing. After the first re-release of the game, someone commented on the mod that it was still required, and worked, in the new version. I have no idea if it's required on the latest release though as I quit playing it and I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

Kill cams, at least in the original release, could be turned off. I play(ed) in first person, and I hated anything that forced me out of first person view, so I turned kill cams off. I wouldn't even ride a horse because it forced you into 3rd person view. Thankfully someone made a first person horse mod.

It would be nice if GOG had accessibility features listed on the game's page. IMO the #1 thing a game needs for accessibility is rebindable controls. It's really sad that games in recent years don't even have this simple feature that used to be standard on PC. It's just lazy to not have them.
Mean.Jim: It would be nice if GOG had accessibility features listed on the game's page. IMO the #1 thing a game needs for accessibility is rebindable controls. It's really sad that games in recent years don't even have this simple feature that used to be standard on PC. It's just lazy to not have them.
There's some cases, like VVVVVV, where, instead of using rebindable controls (which can be a lot of work, especially if you're trying to retrofit them onto a game that didn't have them on release), the game has redundant controls; the same action can be performed with multiple keys. (It helps that, in VVVVVV, there's only 3 keys needed during action gameplay.)

Worth noting that they are planning to add rebindable controls in the next VVVVVV update.

Another thing: There are games with mostly rebindable controls, but where either:
* You can't rebind certain keys. Certain keys are off limits.
* You can't rebind certain actions, which can make things awkward if you want to use a completely different part of the keyboard.