It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

3 weeks of bargains avalanche, some great new releases, 5 giveaways in total, and much more gaming goodness – our Winter Sale was an absolute blast and we hope you’ve enjoyed it just as much.

Now, before the Winter Market closes, we’d like to invite you for one last visit there to make sure you didn’t miss anything and snatch some awesome discounts while they still last!

Let’s take one last look at what’s in store!

To start the New Year on a high note, we’d recommend checking out…

New releases in the form of:

Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
Warhammer 40K Bundle (-80%)
Endless™ Bundle (-78%)
Wartales, Pirates of Belerion
Phantasie Memorial Set (-15%)
IXION (-40%)

Pre-orders:

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (-10%)
SOUTH PARK: SNOW DAY!

Bestsellers:

UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection (-50%)
Days Gone (-75%)
Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition (-75%)
Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition (-33%)
Baldur’s Gate 3
Yakuza Complete Series (-75%)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-70%)

Indie gems:

Ion Fury: Aftershock (-10%)
Roadwarden (-40%)
Frostpunk: Game of the Year Edition (-75%)
EVERSPACE™ 2 (-35%)

All-time classics:

Vampire®: The Masquerade - Bloodlines™ (-50%)
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition (-65%)
Diablo + Hellfire (-20%)
Empire Earth Gold Edition (-67%)
Warcraft I & II Bundle (-20%)

…and of course so many, many more – find them all HERE. The Winter Sale lasts until January 4th, 11 PM UTC.

Thank you for coming to our Winter Market this year. Have a great one!
10 minutes left now.
Aaaand it's gone.

Until next Christmas!
I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a "Winter Sale Encore!" like in previous years. Then again, this last one seemed to have started earlier and lasted longer than the previous ones.
Post edited January 05, 2024 by WolfZrey4476
GOG.com: our Winter Sale was an absolute blast and we hope you’ve enjoyed it just as much.
00063: Yeah, keep telling yourself that, the competition left you in the dust this time! both in the discount and giveaway categories.

I'm hoping for a post winter sale, something tells me that the publishers that were absent will come crawling back here after 4th, when they milked the other places.

Oh, and just so you know God of War was 50% off at the other place but coming soon here, very peculiar indeed.

ps. Gog please move time to beat somewhere else, or provide an off option or something.

pps. Actually, off option is not such a bad idea maybe add another one for OpenCritic as well.
I was so hoping "God Of War" would show up in the last few days.
Sarang: I was so hoping "God Of War" would show up in the last few days.
Clownski on Discord — 11/12/2023 14:47
Sorry to crush your hopes, but God of War is not releasing during Winter Sale. However! It should be on track to release shortly afterwards, so it's still safe to say it's coming soon
The Winter Sale ended and i feel a bit disappointed. Three weeks are a lot of time and the store needs something more than giveaways, that's not EGS. A schedule is absolutely necessary imo. Furthermore adding new discounts or big releases could add some sugar, if not three weeks with the same is a bit boring.

Rewards for purchases and byob's are other great possibilities.

The most funny of these days have been the Secret Santa event (thanks to zeffyr and the others participants), and the Giveaway GOG Super Giga Advanced Expert Master Identifier 10X, thanks chevkoch again, i spent some time looking the pictures, very original! Gog, take notes, that's how it's done.

The discounts have been great in general, Jade Empire and Mirror's Edge on the top for me. And the bundle of Humble Bundle the best surprise.

My purchases:
- Bound by Flame
- Costume Quest
- Mirror's Edge
- Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
- Kingdom Come Deliverance (from HB)
- Thronebreaker (from HB)
- Vampyr (from HB)
- Greedfall Gold Edition (from HB)
- Darksiders 3 Deluxe Edition (from HB)
- ELEX (from HB)
- Wasteland 3 Colorado Edition (from HB)
- Brutal Legend
- Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude (only because it was dirty cheap and to complete the saga)
- Stranglehold

Only with these games i would have hundreds and hundreds of hours.
Post edited January 05, 2024 by argamasa
The Winter Sale was ok...

... but...

... it didn't have anything exciting.

God of War was hinted to be "coming soon" but didn't release during the Winter Sale. The Achilles ARPG was advertised as "coming soon," but didn't release during the sale. An older pirate game I was interested in was advertised as "coming soon," but again... didn't release during the sale.

Meanwhile...

... For the King 2 was elsewhere but didn't show up here (will it ever? GOG seems to be in good with Curve [publisher] but the developer still pulled For the King)...

... Dark Quest III is elsewhere but hasn't shown up on GOG (even with the two prior games here). The developer claims that he'll probably look into releasing here later. *sigh*

... Sengoku Dynasty is in early access elsewhere and looks like it will ultimately be on par (or better) with Medieval Dynasty, but no word on a GOG release. Too bad, Wild West Dynasty released here in early access, but not Sengoku Dynasty?

Lastly...

... as I logged in this AM to make my final picks before the Winter Sale ended...

... I found that the discount on both Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny and Realms of Arkania: Star Trail expired just a few hours prior to the Winter Sale ending! My fault, but I'd never imagined games that were to end their discounts on the same day as the Winter Sale ended would have their discounts expiring hours earlier. And those were the only games I was certain to try and purchase this sale!

So no big releases... no insomnia sales... and no discounts that seemed amazing (IMHO an off-site Humble Bundle was a better buy -- if you didn't already own many of the games -- than any discounts on GOG). IMO you can have a an amazing release (ie Skyrim) or some GREAT discounts (not mundane) and have a good sale, but this one didn't have either.

It's bad when someone who values DRM free product (me) buys more from Steam (Fable and Easy Red 2 Normandy) than GOG. Yeah -- for me -- if GOG would have released something like Easy Red 2 I would have been "over the moon." Disappointing, but not the end of the world...

Well, on to the next weekly sale! ;)
high rated
GOG.com: our Winter Sale was an absolute blast and we hope you’ve enjoyed it just as much.
The sale in general wasn't bad. But for me it was a very frustrating one. About every second game I was looking into which has a Linux version on Steam lacks the Linux version on GOG. It's ridiculous for how many games on GOG the Linux version is missing. So I only grabbed a few cheap offers and skipped several more expensive games where GOG unfortunately does not offer the Linux version. :(
eiii: The sale in general wasn't bad. But for me it was a very frustrating one. About every second game I was looking into which has a Linux version on Steam lacks the Linux version on GOG. It's ridiculous for how many games on GOG the Linux version is missing. So I only grabbed a few cheap offers and skipped several more expensive games where GOG unfortunately does not offer the Linux version. :(
Exactly this. I shortly though about re-buying all Devcats games, but not without the Linux versions.
I remember that I was annoyed by a lot more games that I checked, but I cannot remember specifics.

And I still have not bought Dome Keeper because I'm still annoyed that the GOG Linux release has been dismissed so casually.
kai2: God of War was hinted to be "coming soon" but didn't release during the Winter Sale.
Clownski said it will release not too long after the sale ends (soon, not Soon(tm)), so I imagine within the next few weeks. (I realize some users don't believe/trust him, but I imagine a release date is pretty well set in stone unless serious issues arise.) Major releases seem to generally happen at the very start of a big sale but not really while it's going.
kai2: God of War was hinted to be "coming soon" but didn't release during the Winter Sale.
tfishell: Clownski said it will release not too long after the sale ends (soon, not Soon(tm)), so I imagine within the next few weeks. (I realize some users don't believe/trust him, but I imagine a release date is pretty well set in stone unless serious issues arise.) Major releases seem to generally happen at the very start of a big sale but not really while it's going.
Yes, understood. I knew the situation, but...

... brought it up because if it would have released during the Winter Sale...

... IMO it would have changed the complexion of the entire sale.

But that's just my perspective. And I'm still bummed and crabby because I missed the Realms of Arkania discount window! ;( ha