It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm currently using 15.04 and having some sound issues but next month the next Long Term Support version is released with Wily Werewolf. Will GOG continue to stick with officially supporting 14.04 or will they move to the next LTS to keep things current?
I preferred it when they used real animal names.
Why can't there just be 1 Linux that does everything people want it to? Why do companies like GOG have to support 50 different distros? :|
MaximumBunny: Why can't there just be 1 Linux that does everything people want it to? Why do companies like GOG have to support 50 different distros? :|
But there is, it's just people don't really know what they want. They could easily adapt any distro to their liking, instead they distro hop out of no obvious reasons.
MaximumBunny: Why can't there just be 1 Linux that does everything people want it to? Why do companies like GOG have to support 50 different distros? :|
They should make.. distro addons like Firefox XD
Same base core but optional customization parts. :P
classicgogger: But there is, it's just people don't really know what they want. They could easily adapt any distro to their liking, instead they distro hop out of no obvious reasons.
I only DE (desktop environment) hop within Mint as I usually have issues with some DEs and I cannot be bothered to try and install a completely different DE within Mint as to me that's just asking for trouble :)
GOG says in the Linux FAQ that they will always support the latest LTS release, but 16.04 will be the next long term version, not 15.10!
phaolo: They should make.. distro addons like Firefox XD
Who should make that?
Aren't Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc. exactly what you describe? You can make your own Linux Mint by installing everything that sets it apart from Ubuntu manually. - There is little reason to use standard Ubuntu in the first place, though. :)
classicgogger: But there is, it's just people don't really know what they want. They could easily adapt any distro to their liking, instead they distro hop out of no obvious reasons.
^ This
Post edited September 16, 2015 by 0Grapher
arrjayjee: I'm currently using 15.04 and having some sound issues but next month the next Long Term Support version is released with Wily Werewolf. Will GOG continue to stick with officially supporting 14.04 or will they move to the next LTS to keep things current?
Ehh, I'd rather have us support Ubuntu 16.04 LTS but that's just me, though :)
phaolo: They should make.. distro addons like Firefox XD
0Grapher: Who should make that?
Aren't Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint etc. exactly what you describe?
Uh.. some Linux dev? I don't know lol, I'm just a Window user.
But can you really easily add\remove\disable parts of the SO like addons? :O
I thought that Debian->Ubuntu->Mint they were completely different project based on the previous ones.. no?
Post edited September 16, 2015 by phaolo
arrjayjee: I'm currently using 15.04 and having some sound issues but next month the next Long Term Support version is released with Wily Werewolf. Will GOG continue to stick with officially supporting 14.04 or will they move to the next LTS to keep things current?
Just a small correction. The next Ubuntu version -> Willy Werewolf is a short term version number 15.10. The next long term version is 16.04 LTS coming april 2016.
phaolo: But can you really easily add\remove\disable parts of the SO like addons? :O
I thought that Debian->Ubuntu->Mint they were completely different project based on the previous ones.. no?
Yes, you can do that by using a Package Manager, Terminal or often a Software Center.

I don't know what you mean by completely different projects. Every program that runs on Ubuntu should run on Mint, though sometimes you may need to install a library first. AFAIK, the Linux devs base each new Mint version upon a current Ubuntu version.
Debian is more different from Ubuntu and Mint, so, getting Ubuntu to work exactly like Debian will require more work.
Not sure if joking/trolling, but I'm gonna answer nonetheless: because there just isn't something everyone wants. People are different and they want different things. So it's just great that there exists diversity so everybody can find the OS/distro that best suits their needs/desires. Definitely much better than having one company controlling where an OS is going (hello, recurrent complaints every time a new Windows version is released).

But anyway, your question was completely off-topic. The OP isn't asking GOG to support more distros, but supporting the newest LTS of an already supported distro (Ubuntu).
0Grapher: Yes, you can do that by using a Package Manager, Terminal or often a Software Center.

I don't know what you mean by completely different projects. Every program that runs on Ubuntu should run on Mint, though sometimes you may need to install a library first.
It's actually the other way around, by default Mint has a lot more libraries than Ubuntu. The only reason I can see why one would want to use standard Ubuntu is for the Unity desktop environment.
Nearly every store that supports Linux really only supports Ubuntu (Mint is Ubuntu in all but name). That said, I have had minimal issues running GOG linux games on just about every distro I have tried.