It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

teceem: Sure... games owned by Bethesda are indie games. We should start listing our favourite Electronic Arts and Activision indie games for this year. :-P
Heretic, when it came out, was a shareware game by a small company ("indie" hadn't been invented then). Just like Doom :-P
teceem: Sure... games owned by Bethesda are indie games. We should start listing our favourite Electronic Arts and Activision indie games for this year. :-P
toxicTom: Heretic, when it came out, was a shareware game by a small company ("indie" hadn't been invented then). Just like Doom :-P
Are there any big multinational corporations out there that started out that way? "Indie" says something about the company that sells the game NOW. It's not an inherent property of a game.
And yes, I saw your ":-P". ;-)
teceem: "Indie" says something about the company that sells the game NOW. It's not an inherent property of a game.
If you see it that way... I don't. For me a game like Not a Hero for example, will always be an indie game, even if Sony would buy the rights and publish it.
teceem: "Indie" says something about the company that sells the game NOW. It's not an inherent property of a game.
toxicTom: If you see it that way... I don't. For me a game like Not a Hero for example, will always be an indie game, even if Sony would buy the rights and publish it.
Even if Sony adds some Denuvo, microtransactions, lootboxes, a million dollar advertising campagn, and sells the base game for 70$, exclusive for PS4?

edit: got carried away, there's no Denuvo on PS4. :-D
Post edited February 09, 2019 by teceem
teceem: Even if Sony adds some Denuvo, microtransactions, lootboxes, a million dollar advertising campagn, and sells the base game for 70$, exclusive for PS4?

edit: got carried away, there's no Denuvo on PS4. :-D
No. I mean the game as it is. Just like Heretic, when Raven was a small time dev (although they already worked with Origin and EA publishing Shadow Caster). Still Heretic, in it's time was a shareware title, just like Doom.

I don't want to argue, Heretic and Hexen are not the right games for this thread, I know. I just wanted to be clever. Doom would have been better, but it's already here. "Indie" is just not a very good category IMO. Big studios have produced "Indie" films by just giving creative people some money and letting them loose... it's part of PR. Other stuff that used to be "real Indie" has become so obnoxiously omnipresent in some scenes, that it stopped feeling like this altogether (in my time it was "Clerks*". I was indie admitting I liked Die Hard...).

*though I really love that movie
Delver
Trailer
Outland
>>Trailer
Unity of Command
Thumper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrgC-SqEF90
Transcendence
Trailer
The Blackout Club
>>Trailer