It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IFW: Once you release this could you please add it on GOG Connect as many of us bought it already after giving up all hope of a GOG release...
Simburgur: We'll certainly look into it, but as it'll be priced as including all content we would need you to own the same content on Steam, and I'm unsure if GOG Connect has that kind of functionality yet.
It's actually a problem with the Steam API. The API does not allow one to search for DLC owned. Steamgifts runs into the same issue. Friends cannot see what DLC one owns. Thus, it will be unlikely Connect can search for a "complete" edition unless Steam adds DLC search functionality to the API. It can only check for the base game.
Post edited January 13, 2017 by RWarehall
RWarehall: It's actually a problem with the Steam API. The API does not allow one to search for DLC owned. Steamgifts runs into the same issue. Friends cannot see what DLC one owns. Thus, it will be unlikely Connect can search for a "complete" edition unless Steam adds DLC search functionality to the API. It can only check for the base game.
Ah I see, then unfortunately we won't be able to do GOG Connect for the game - we'll see if we can arrange a discount though.
RWarehall: It's actually a problem with the Steam API. The API does not allow one to search for DLC owned. Steamgifts runs into the same issue. Friends cannot see what DLC one owns. Thus, it will be unlikely Connect can search for a "complete" edition unless Steam adds DLC search functionality to the API. It can only check for the base game.
Simburgur: Ah I see, then unfortunately we won't be able to do GOG Connect for the game - we'll see if we can arrange a discount though.
Would be very happy with that as well... ie prce difference between base game (that you can verify with gog connect) and the new edition. Just don't want to buy the base game again.
Simburgur: However, I do have some good news - we have been in contact with GOG are planning a release once the 2nd expansion and the other planned content is complete. We've opted to wait until then because we didn't want to release 80% of the 'final' version then release the expansion through GOG - I'd much prefer one definitive edition here :)
Thanks for posting. As a huge fan of the two original games I'm really pleased to hear this one will come to Gog DRM free (and feature intact).
Simburgur: However, I do have some good news - we have been in contact with GOG are planning a release once the 2nd expansion and the other planned content is complete. We've opted to wait until then because we didn't want to release 80% of the 'final' version then release the expansion through GOG - I'd much prefer one definitive edition here :)
adaliabooks: Thanks for posting. As a huge fan of the two original games I'm really pleased to hear this one will come to Gog DRM free (and feature intact).
This!

Very good news. Thank you Simburgur!
Simburgur: .
A new DK? Missed that kind of (or forgot about it because steam).

Great that you atone for your "steamy" sins and bring the real deal to the free world :D

Will definitely take a close look at it when it arrives.
Simburgur: .
anothername: A new DK? Missed that kind of (or forgot about it because steam).

Great that you atone for your "steamy" sins and bring the real deal to the free world :D

Its about as close to the DK games you could get without a visit from a lawyer. Very, good. One of the last Steam games I played. Even has Daddy Pig voicing the game.
anothername: A new DK? Missed that kind of (or forgot about it because steam).

mechmouse: Its about as close to the DK games you could get without a visit from a lawyer. Very, good. One of the last Steam games I played. Even has Daddy Pig voicing the game.
Might even be better than a "true" sequel considering the mess of that official latest entry of the DK series; this mobile abomination from 2 or so years ago.
I also backed this long ago and later wondered what became of it. Was disappointed when I discovered that the devs sold out to Steam which made it look like a fully-featured DRM-free release wouldn't happen. In fairness to the devs they didn't say they wouldn't lock features into Steam, I guess I just took them at their initial word, but I learned my lesson about crowd-sourced games.

I even had a back and forth with a representative on their Facebook page who offered excuses and no assurances.

It's definitely soured the game for me, though as I said, it's my fault for assuming the best instead of expecting the worst. With debacles like No Man's Sky, I've done well to avoid the "bounty" of crowd-sourced games; I'll only buy if the final product looks worthwhile.
EuroMIX: With debacles like No Man's Sky, I've done well to avoid the "bounty" of crowd-sourced games; I'll only buy if the final product looks worthwhile.
*tries to find logic in this sentence* No Man's Sky wasn't crowdfunded.
EuroMIX: With debacles like No Man's Sky, I've done well to avoid the "bounty" of crowd-sourced games; I'll only buy if the final product looks worthwhile.
mistermumbles: *tries to find logic in this sentence* No Man's Sky wasn't crowdfunded.
Depends whether you count massive pre-order campaigns as crowdfunding, I do.
mistermumbles: *tries to find logic in this sentence* No Man's Sky wasn't crowdfunded.
It wasn't? That's the impression I got when I read everything regarding people's disappointment surrounding it.

Perhaps it was just a typically-funded game pre-sold on hype that it didn't deliver on then.