It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Goatbrush: Eye of the Beholder 2?
You are Correct - Your Turn
Suddenly: dragons.
Attachments:
Post edited November 02, 2012 by Goatbrush
No guess yet ->

edit: WHY WON'T YOU ATTACH AHHHH

edit edit: working now.
Attachments:
Post edited November 03, 2012 by Goatbrush
I'm surprised noone has guessed at this, such a great game. I'll give it another day or so then just post the title screen or something so the game can continue.
Attachments:
Post edited November 04, 2012 by Goatbrush
This game is weird. It's almost too beautiful to be an 8-bit game but quite ugly for a 16-bit game. Some details seem familiar but I just can't put my finger on it. o_o
Post edited November 04, 2012 by F4LL0UT
Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap.

Assuming I'm right (and I'm dead sure I am), I've got some real headscratchers for you guys. Games that were both obscure and landmark titles.
Post edited November 04, 2012 by Firgof
Firgof: Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap.

Assuming I'm right (and I'm dead sure I am), I've got some real headscratchers for you guys. Games that were both obscure and landmark titles.
Correct! you're up.

F4LL0UT: This game is weird. It's almost too beautiful to be an 8-bit game but quite ugly for a 16-bit game. Some details seem familiar but I just can't put my finger on it. o_o
It was 8-bit. :) Sega Master System.
Alright, let's go waaay back. :Let's visit a company that'll later become an industry titan; this title was released only one year after the company was founded. This incredibly ambitious title was critically applauded but a commercial flop due to two massive franchises stealing its spotlight -- though it still generated enough for this company to produce further games. Today, that company wholly owns two of the largest companies in the industry and myriad core franchises -- it is in with the leagues of Ubisoft and EA as far as how many key franchises it owns.

This game was most widely known for its lengthy (100+ mission), non-linear, campaign as well as being one of the first in its genre to have 'soft failures' (where a mission could be aborted and the game would continue -- altering the storyline to accomodate the player's failure).

It was also one of the first games to have an in-campaign expansion split, where the player was forced to actually skip over a whole section of gameplay if they did not own the game's expansion -- it is, I believe, the first game to apply a DLC-like scheme in its genre. This title employed various technological bells and whistles for the time: Gourad and phong shading, CGI cut-scenes, full 3D gameplay with complex 3D Models, and was one of the very first games in its genre whose nebula missions came with a 'fog' effect. Though this game was originally released on floppy-disk, the CD-version of the game came with over 100MB of voice acting for the game's briefings, squad-chatter, and cutscenes as well as improved special effects.

Perhaps the most noteworthy fact about this title: This is one of the few games that this company both developed and published. Nearly all titles this company owns were produced entirely through subsidiary, acquired, developers. It is, however, so obscure that even the wikipedia article for space combat simulation games doesn't list it.

Your final hint for now: This game was launched on the Amiga, AmigaCD32 (the first 32-bit CD-ROM console) as well as DOS -- however the AmigaCD32 was discontinued at retail only months after the game was launched for the platform.
Attachments:
I am guessing Star Control - Take Two Interactive
Lou: I am guessing Star Control - Take Two Interactive
Nope, but you do actually have the right company -- despite Star Control I being a Toys for Bob/Accolade game.
Attachments:
Lou: I am guessing Star Control - Take Two Interactive
Firgof: Nope, but you do actually have the right company -- despite Star Control I being a Toys for Bob/Accolade game.
I typed it wrong - I meant Star Crusader
You are correct! The game in question is Star Crusader. On my next turn, I'll be doing one just as hard and without hardly any hints just for the challenge of it.

Your go.
Attachments:
Firgof: You are correct! The game in question is Star Crusader. On my next turn, I'll be doing one just as hard and without hardly any hints just for the challenge of it.

Your go.
I knew I had seen that image before but it was you hints that helped greatly.

Here we go...
Attachments:
one.png (30 Kb)
two.png (26 Kb)
three.png (13 Kb)
Post edited November 04, 2012 by Lou
Lou: Here we go...
D&D - Warriors of the Eternal Sun
Lou: Here we go...
Ghorpm: D&D - Warriors of the Eternal Sun
You are correct
Post edited November 05, 2012 by Lou