It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foxgog: Hello everyone!

It took me a little longer, because the game I had initially in mind did not allow me to take screenshots.
Hence, I had to find something else interesting to guess.

Here it is--can you recognize the game?

Let us take a look into the depth...

Kind regards,
foxgog
Blair Witch?
KetobaK: Blair Witch?
Hello KetobaK!

No, it is not from a "Blair Witch" game.

Here is another clue:
Let us go a little deeper.

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments:
depth_02.jpg (13 Kb)
Post edited November 27, 2021 by foxgog
KetobaK: Blair Witch?
foxgog: Hello KetobaK!

No, it is not from a "Blair Witch" game.

Here is another clue:
Let us go a little deeper.

Kind regards,
foxgog
Alan Wake?
thraxman: (...)
Alan Wake?
Hello thraxman!

Indeed, it is from the game "Alan Wake". A game that I completed recently for the first time.

I also attached the full screenshot with the diver and the next clue, which would have given the solution away, anyway.

Now, it is your turn.

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments:
depth_03.jpg (24 Kb)
A bit late, real life and my original choice wouldn't let me take a screen shot but here's a new one, its not a commercial game but a TC. However its better then half then crap churned out by AAA or even skilled B devs nowadays so I'm gonna use it to give it some small publicity.
Attachments:
clue_1.jpg (369 Kb)
thraxman: A bit late, real life and my original choice wouldn't let me take a screen shot but here's a new one, its not a commercial game but a TC. However its better then half then crap churned out by AAA or even skilled B devs nowadays so I'm gonna use it to give it some small publicity.
Ashes 2063

Some (really) rough gem seems like
The screencaps look mighty intriguing ngl
Post edited December 03, 2021 by osm
thraxman: A bit late, real life and my original choice wouldn't let me take a screen shot but here's a new one, its not a commercial game but a TC. However its better then half then crap churned out by AAA or even skilled B devs nowadays so I'm gonna use it to give it some small publicity.
osm: Ashes 2063

Close enough, its actual the sequel Ashes Aftermath, the screen shots from a secret level set on a haunted Soviet Submarine which gives a lot of plot details as to what was happening in the years leading up to the nuclear war (fun fact the war was started on DOOMs original release date). All that's need to play it is GZDOOM files, a DOOM2.wad and the TCs .pk3 files off the ZDOOM forum.

thraxman: Close enough, its actual the sequel Ashes Aftermath, the screen shots from a secret level set on a haunted Soviet Submarine which gives a lot of plot details as to what was happening in the years leading up to the nuclear war (fun fact the war was started on DOOMs original release date). All that's need to play it is GZDOOM files, a DOOM2.wad and the TCs .pk3 files off the ZDOOM forum.
This sounds like something I should check out.

Yo, it's your turn now!
next
Attachments:
d.jpg (230 Kb)
Vice City?
thraxman: Vice City?
woof
your turn

*running natively on Linux ofc
Post edited December 05, 2021 by osm
thraxman: Vice City?
osm: woof
your turn

So not the "definitive" verion of the game than.
osm: woof
your turn

thraxman: So not the "definitive" verion of the game than.
Depends on what you include in being definitive.
Tbh i haven't thoroughly checked but I know they've added some gfx gloss to the engine, but not anything "heavy".
Bet you couldnt tell by this shot anyway)

So I don't know why it wouldn't be definitive. They also fix bugs and generally clean up the game.
As far as I know definitive edition is much more than gloss and it looks and plays much worse than the originals.