It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
mypurdue99: This new "look" really sucks. At least give us the option for "classic look". I cannot find what I want and this new look is too busy and unintuitive. as one other said "it was fun while it lasted"….I just took my last look at GOG…I won't be back unless the old site is offered as an option.

Just like all the other sites do…..eff it up b/c some stupid intern thinks we want to see something "new and hip"…

Goodbye GOG..
Sadly I agree completely. I think my collection will stop at the 297 I am currently at until an alternative classic gaming site comes along that gives me the feeling this one used to. You did the thing you promised you would not do GoG, you sold out, what a shame.
Another problem. Updates used to be displayed in the "account" dropdown menu (i.e. either forum replies or updated games and etc.). Right now there is nothing there, only a number in the top bar. Please fix this.

Another major annoyance in the new UI are game screenshots. In the old UI, clicking it opened some jquery dialog, now it opens an image alone. Also, there are no more scrolling controls (left and right) on the big image, and one has to click on small images to view the next screenshot. I'd say usability of that is much worse than before.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by shmerl
A fresher, bug-filled GOG experience!

Go to your collection page (Shelf view), click on an item so the window with all the download options shows up. Now scroll the page up or down so the opened item is out of focus. Try to open another item. BAM, the page freezes and nothing loads until you refresh the page.

This happens in Firefox 31.
Foxhack: A fresher, bug-filled GOG experience!

Go to your collection page (Shelf view), click on an item so the window with all the download options shows up. Now scroll the page up or down so the opened item is out of focus. Try to open another item. BAM, the page freezes and nothing loads until you refresh the page.

This happens in Firefox 31.
Yes, same happens to me. Bugs are OK though, if they are fixed in a timely fashion. Not so good design decisions are worse.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by shmerl
AccurateArt: I honestly do not mind the new layout. My only issue is with regards to reviews: there are no dates listed for the reviews and from what I can tell, there is no way to organize reviews by most helpful or most recent. I do acknowledge that this could be an issue with my specific browser, but does anyone else notice this?
I noticed it too, made me do double-take at first. This is an important issue, without seeing dates one can no longer see when a reviewer posted a problem with a game. If its an old problem sometimes updates can change that, but now how do I know when they posted?
Has something gone wrong with the "New" and "Updated" badges for items in my collection? They seem to be all blurry and difficult to read, even with my glasses on.

More importantly, clicking on the "New & Updated" button does absolutely nothing to my list of games; they are all still present.
It's like a plague or a virus. Nobody can avoid it. Everybody has to take good old perfectly working thing and make it "fresh".

Oh, well... If you have to do it, for whatever reason or more likely without any reason, it's your site, after all. But at least make it quick and honest, and say: "We just do what we want since it is our web site, not yours (customers), so we will do it anyway, no matter what you thinks, and there is nothing to discuss here."

Why do you not only change the site to the worse, but also want praise from the customers? I guess, this is how the virus works.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the site's contents which is one of the best in the whole Internet.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by fdr182
fdr182: Oh, well... If you have to do it, for whatever reason or more likely without any reason, it's your site, after all. But at least make it quick and honest, and say: "We just do what we want since it is our web site, not yours (customers), so we will do it anyway, no matter what you thinks, and there is nothing to discuss here."
That's exactly what they did, only they didn't use those words. They completely ignored wishlist and feature requests and instead they spent months on this turd that we now see and that nobody wanted. The message is clear to me.
AccurateArt: I honestly do not mind the new layout. My only issue is with regards to reviews: there are no dates listed for the reviews and from what I can tell, there is no way to organize reviews by most helpful or most recent. I do acknowledge that this could be an issue with my specific browser, but does anyone else notice this?
draith85: I noticed it too, made me do double-take at first. This is an important issue, without seeing dates one can no longer see when a reviewer posted a problem with a game. If its an old problem sometimes updates can change that, but now how do I know when they posted?
This is a real problem for the reason you described. If we cannot tell when someone posted a review, how can I, as a buyer, determine whether or not a game is suffering from an issue that has been resolved since the initial reviews have been posted?
LOVE the new UI. This is basically my favorite place, GOG, and I love the new UI so much. GREAT work! =)
Welcome to the slow lingering death of GoG.com
high rated
fdr182: Oh, well... If you have to do it, for whatever reason or more likely without any reason, it's your site, after all. But at least make it quick and honest, and say: "We just do what we want since it is our web site, not yours (customers), so we will do it anyway, no matter what you thinks, and there is nothing to discuss here."
Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Windows 8 Modern UI
https://macnaticopr.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/aol-1996-vs-microsoft-windows-8.jpg

Ubuntu Unity (Linux Mint and other distros gain popularity)
http://royal.pingdom.com/2011/11/23/ubuntu-linux-losing-popularity-fast-new-unity-interface-to-blame/

Digg v4 (Reddit reaped the rewards)
http://searchengineland.com/digg-v4-how-to-successfully-kill-a-community-50450
A part that I like, "Digg just made the same mistake. They just scrapped their existing site, replaced it with a new one, and told everyone it was Digg. That’s what everyone’s angry about: it’s not Digg, and they really resent being repeatedly told that it is."

Slashdot Beta (SoylentNews is born)
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/slashdots-new-interface-could-kill-what-keeps-slashdot-relevant/
Post edited August 29, 2014 by jalister
Great, another "modern" interface. It sucks, thanks gog.
God, i'm blind. Might be an eye cancer....Another s...y mobile stuff...
fdr182: Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with the site's contents which is one of the best in the whole Internet.
I feel like this should be stated more. People don't dislike GOG the company just GOG the website.