It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
Hickory: No you can't, in my case at least. I live in the UK, and I have NO option for GBP. I have posted this previously in this thread. My ONLY option is for USD, and no I am not behind anything like VPN. I repeat, my ONLY option is USD.
JudasIscariot: What Matruchus said but I'll expand on his answer :)

Please send a Support ticket by following this link:

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/general_website_questions

and select "website glitches or accessibility issues" from the dropdown menu :)

If anyone else needs to write a Support ticket but isn't sure as to which category to writ it under, please feel free to PM me and I'll help you as soon as possible :)
Already done, but I sent it under 'feedback'. Does that matter?
Wow! Very very nice seeing that you finally added movies :)
RyaReisender: But in that case, is there some way to display the "Standard US Dollar price"?
As in: Not what I have to pay in $ but what US people need to pay in $?
Yeah, good question. I'm in Australia, and can see prices in either USD or AUD. Except ... they're not equivalent on today's exchange rates. The AU price is several percentage points higher, which on a high-priced game or over a swag of several games adds up to a chunk of change.

Sure, I can pay the US price, but ... has that been rounded up as well?

Raises the eyebrows, GOG. :-(
In the old layout, I liked how I could, on the gamecard, keep the mouse in one location and keep clicking to scroll through all the screenshots. Now I have to move, click, move click, move click, scroll list (=move click), move click...
RyaReisender: But in that case, is there some way to display the "Standard US Dollar price"?
As in: Not what I have to pay in $ but what US people need to pay in $?
Branais: Yeah, good question. I'm in Australia, and can see prices in either USD or AUD. Except ... they're not equivalent on today's exchange rates. The AU price is several percentage points higher, which on a high-priced game or over a swag of several games adds up to a chunk of change.

Sure, I can pay the US price, but ... has that been rounded up as well?

Raises the eyebrows, GOG. :-(
As much as I know gog won't be doing daily currency exchange adjustment if I remember correctly from the Back to our Roots post - its going to adjust the prices only when the currency differences are going to get to big.
JudasIscariot: What Matruchus said but I'll expand on his answer :)

Please send a Support ticket by following this link:

http://www.gog.com/support/contact/general_website_questions

and select "website glitches or accessibility issues" from the dropdown menu :)

If anyone else needs to write a Support ticket but isn't sure as to which category to writ it under, please feel free to PM me and I'll help you as soon as possible :)
Hickory: Already done, but I sent it under 'feedback'. Does that matter?
Probably not but I am not 100% sure as I don't work in Support but I have faith in our Support folks that they will see the ticket for what it is :)
Hickory: No you can't, in my case at least. I live in the UK, and I have NO option for GBP. I have posted this previously in this thread. My ONLY option is for USD, and no I am not behind anything like VPN. I repeat, my ONLY option is USD.
Wurzelkraft: I suggest you delete all the GOG cookies in your browser and revisit this website again. This could fix it already.
YES! Thank you, this cured my issue. Deleted cache and cookies, logged back in and I now have GBP! Thanks again. :)
Luv ya work GoG! Continually you people improve and, as far as economically possible, stick to your ethics.

You have my vote.
Hickory: YES! Thank you, this cured my issue. Deleted cache and cookies, logged back in and I now have GBP! Thanks again. :)
Yay! No problem. :)
Hickory: Already done, but I sent it under 'feedback'. Does that matter?
JudasIscariot: Probably not but I am not 100% sure as I don't work in Support but I have faith in our Support folks that they will see the ticket for what it is :)
My issue (now fixed) was a cache and cookie thing. See my reply to Wurzelkraft above. Thanks for the advice, though. :)
Have to agree with the majority, the new layout is horrible for PC based users.
If you want to cater to mobile viewing then have a separate mobile site or use the newer techniques to id what device is being used. I much preferred the older site layout (with possibly a few changes to it to make it better) over this sterile, grey, boxy, metro look. :(

And for god sake make sure we can see pricing and sale status on our wishlist items, and owned status of games on any screen!
high rated
ecamber: I just noticed the DATE has been removed from the reviews! Without the date, the reviews are useless since I don't know what version of the game the review refers to. More importantly, I used the date on the reviews to determine when the game was added to GOG (since most reviews are posted in the same month as the release). I need to know roughly when a game was released on GOG so I can remember if it's not on my wishlist because I never saw it, or if I already did my research on the game and decided it wasn't for me. Please fix this GOG!

EDIT: Very cute new "sever overwhelmed" page though :-)
I was going to post the same thing! Where are the dates in the reviews?? For example, If someone posts a terribly negative review about a game with certain *problems* we need to know if said *problems* are recent (say last week) or from 4 years ago, sometimes you people acknowledge that *Those issues have been solved* but other times you dont, dates in the reviews are important, put them back please!
Well .. i thought i'd let the initial shock settle in a bit and then look at it again ... but.. im sorry to say it that drastically but i can safely say i so much as hate the new "fresher, better" gog design/features as they currently are. and since i think theres someone in a dark room that actually wants to know why..:

-using the Chromium browser you cant login (some missing frames), so i had to switch back to firefox to get access to my games.
-the regional pricing on some more titles... im sorry but i just cant seem to get used to it and i dont see a single advantage only the opposite
-for example the "news feed"/"Whats new"/"Latest Deals" up on top doesnt let me get an overview. i only have two arrows left and right but i dont know how much im scrolling thru and it switches too frequently. the system with the dots too before was better. also while i want to click on the arrows i seem to miss them a lot and instead open the site. might be that im just too old of a geezer tho...
-as the newsfeed on top doesnt work for me anymore i need to scroll down to the "headlines section" which brings me to the next point. there is way too much information in the way that doesnt even make any sense there (for example the GOG.COM: ALL THAT IS GOOD IN GAMING advertisement). i just need to scroll down down and down to the feed anyways if i want to get any sort of overview. which it actually doesnt do good enough.
-because of the color scheme for one. which is actually the next major annoyance. the only reason to go with the dark and hostile color scheme would be that you could bring attention to the important stuff by using colors. which you dont do. a simple green color for all the new releases while the "boring" news are blue and so on would help me get informations a lot faster. instead there are red attention drawing colors used for informations on how much votes a user created gogmix has... this doesnt make any sense to me and just makes browsing an unpleasent experience... quite bad for a site that wants to sell stuff
-this of course isnt only a problem on the main site but also on the "game" sites too. all the critical informations are not framed in or color coded. instead there are frames around that "gogmixes" stuff and so on. which are quite big also.... i dont know why i have to say that but it is a very bad idea to draw the eye to things that lead you away from the site while the customer wants to gather information about a title he is interested in.

i could go on and on about all the details that are makes browsing the gog site a annoying experience now, rating bar placement, hiding critical information,... but i think enough people already voiced their opinion on those.
well.. i was a regular on the gog site because the original site shaped up to be quite good and got finetuned to a point where i had very little suggestions to make, like getting a "forum" button/link right on the gamesite ... but instead of making it more convenient you made it more hostile and uncomfortable.
might be that some youngster browsing with his mobile phone has a better overview now but certainly not me on my pc. and while i go on and buy the "good old games" ....

so all in all im disappointed and see the changes as a step in the wrong direction... but oh well it seems like "fresh and better" is the way evolution just has to go... and good, old has to die for that... but wait... isnt that why i ran away from all the fresh,new sites out there and came to good,old in the first place?
Post edited August 28, 2014 by KillerBee69
so went to the site on my iphone. it works no better than it did before. I don't understand what changed to make it more mobile friendly? Using the tabs at the top is still a pain in the butt. :(
Matruchus: As much as I know gog won't be doing daily currency exchange adjustment if I remember correctly from the Back to our Roots post - its going to adjust the prices only when the currency differences are going to get to big.
And ... ???

So, are you happy to pay more for a game simply because the website hasn't been updated?

Since GOG claims that it makes the price "FAIR" repeatedly, then it needs to put its efforts where its marketspeak is.