It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
The very few people here that gave positive feedback primarily surf with a smartphone...
Some people said it's not good but they don't care.
Most people simply detest it because it's neither functional nor good looking.

So...
jalister: Web designers are the bane of computers. They always think they know what everyone wants, but seem to never be right. [...]
Klumpen0815: Most people simply detest it because it's neither functional nor good looking.
Hardly surprising, most people here play 20 year old games, we dont really want new designs^^
Klumpen0815: Most people simply detest it because it's neither functional nor good looking.
jamotide: Hardly surprising, most people here play 20 year old games, we dont really want new designs^^
I don't care if a design is new or old, sometimes change is improvement, but this one is just a clusterfuck of fail, seriously.

I really liked the old design everywhere but in the forum and what did they change? Everything but the forum...
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Klumpen0815
theadam: Clean and elegant. Well done GOG! I'm sure everyone will love this once they get used to it :)
Yeah, I guess I will have to switch to browsing on my phone so I could enjoy it.

Or I will stick with my PC and curse the designers' incompetence every time I visit GOG.com
Anyway, IMO page where are at most PC games shouldn´t change because of mobile devices. I don´t think that it looks bad, it´s just confusing now, the old design was more desktop-friendly and so it should be, considered what are you selling here
A small thing but i don't like the new way to view pictures of the game. Before you clicked on the edge to see the next screenshot.
Vituo: Anyway, IMO page where are at most PC games shouldn´t change because of mobile devices. I don´t think that it looks bad, it´s just confusing now, the old design was more desktop-friendly and so it should be, considered what are you selling here
Right, Movies and probably soon Android games.
Ok, I miss the red tag when I get replies in my account. Also, there appears to be a bug. When I do get a tick that something is in my account, it doesn't tell me where. Is it a game update? A message? A forum reply? It is blank and I have to click each one to see where it is. :(
Crewdroog: Ok, I miss the red tag when I get replies in my account. Also, there appears to be a bug. When I do get a tick that something is in my account, it doesn't tell me where. Is it a game update? A message? A forum reply? It is blank and I have to click each one to see where it is. :(
It works just like it did before. Hover over the account button. In the menu that unfolds, the notification icon is in the relevant section.

Edit: It's just hard to see because, like everything else on GOG.com now, it's a cold, soulless, corporate grey :-/
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Wishbone
Four more things:

1) Everything's too big: header, images, etc. - way too much scrolling involved.

2) Everything's grey, simply different shades, especially in the forums the posts simply have a darker shaded header and that's all that distinguishes them from the background.

3) Did prices change?! I could swear prices for Divinity: Original Sin and Witcher 3 were ~40$ or ~43$ (with discount) respectively before and not ~50$ or ~60$ - it could be my oversight, but I could swear GOG showed me Dollar prices before (and cheaper ones at that)

4) It now takes one or two clicks more to get where or what I want, where's the user friendliness in that?
The new website design is, to me, very ugly. I thought the old version was perfect. This one just makes me depressed! No color, it's just sterile and devoid of feeling or soul. Seeing the logo in plain gray and white is just painful. Hopefully your next update will fix some of this.
Lemon_Curry: Why have you removed the option to sort user reviews by most recent? :/
Zeyes: And more broadly, I must say I don't like that user reviews now aren't time-stamped at all.

Edit: I see you noted that in a later post as well.
Yeah, I really hope it's due to a mistake on their part and that they will fix it as soon as possible though I have my doubts. If it's done on purpose then I fail to understand why they would remove such a user-friendly feature.

Another thing I don't get is why they didn't take the opportunity to improve the forum by including at least a few of the most sought after features presented by their users in this thread:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/lets_discuss_your_experiences_with_the_forum

I realise they have plenty on their plate at the moment but just a few simple improvements would have been greatly appreciated. So far we haven't even received any of the feedback we were promised in that thread.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
Crewdroog: Ok, I miss the red tag when I get replies in my account. Also, there appears to be a bug. When I do get a tick that something is in my account, it doesn't tell me where. Is it a game update? A message? A forum reply? It is blank and I have to click each one to see where it is. :(
Wishbone: It works just like it did before. Hover over the account button. In the menu that unfolds, the notification icon is in the relevant section.

Edit: It's just hard to see because, like everything else on GOG.com now, it's a cold, soulless, corporate grey :-/
No, it's all blank for me too, even if there is something new somewhere.

modkon: Did prices change?! I could swear prices for Divinity: Original Sin and Witcher 3 were ~40$ or ~43$ (with discount) respectively before and not ~50$ or ~60$ - it could be my oversight, but I could swear GOG showed me Dollar prices before (and cheaper ones at that)
That's due to the regional pricing:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Upper button bar is so ugly and unreasonably high.
modkon: 2) Everything's grey, simply different shades, especially in the forums the posts simply have a darker shaded header and that's all that distinguishes them from the background.
The forums always looked like this.