It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New features, local currency option, new payment methods, store credit, and an updated look for GOG.com!

For almost six years now we strive to bring you not only the best in DRM-Free gaming, but also to give you the greatest experience possible. To that end we're always looking for ways to improve our site and service. Today, we're rolling out a vastly updated version of our store with an improved interface, sleek new look, and lots of handy new features. Let's take a quick tour, shall we?

Video: Welcome to the fresher, better GOG.com!

First of all we are giving you more DRM-free content: movies! We are starting with 20 documentaries about internet and gaming culture but we aim high! You can find more on this in the appropriate newspost, so let's focus on the other features we're rolling out.

We wanted to give you more choice as to how you pay for things on GOG.com. Now it's up to you if you want to pay in US Dollars, or in the currency primarily used in your country, whether it's the Euro, Pounds Sterling, Australian Dollars, or Russian Roubles. That's four new currencies supported by GOG.com for your convenience. Still - the choice is yours, so if you want to stick to US dollars, just switch to it - you find this option at the bottom of each page. To make buying things at GOG.com an even more flexible process, we're introducing some new payment methods: Sofort, Giropay, Webmoney, and Yandex.

All this also means that users for whom the local currency pricing has been enabled will have an option to select one of two different prices for each game in our catalog. Of course, we stand by the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, so a game with a $5.99 price tag will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 British Pounds, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively. $9.99 translates to 7.49 Euro, 5.99 Pounds Sterling, 10.89 Australian Dollars, and 359 Roubles. In a perfect world we would apply the same method of pricing to all of the games we offer. However, things are a little bit more complicated, and there are some games in our catalog that follow a different region-based pricing scheme. However, we wouldn't be GOG.com if we didn't find a way to make right by the users who end up paying relatively more for such titles. Here's where the Fair Price Package comes in!

The Fair Price Package applies to all of the titles which we couldn't include in our standard pricing scheme. If you end up paying more for a game than its standard US Dollar price, we'll refund you the difference out of our own pocket. The refunded value will be added to your account in Store Credit in the currency of your purchase. That's right, no more gift codes, you'll be getting Store Credit that you can use to purchase anything on GOG.com or partially pay for an item that's more expensive. More choice, ease of use, and less limitations!

Finally, the GOG.com store has gotten itself a substantial visual revamp. We went for a fresh, mobile-friendly design that should make it even easier to find the games you want, notice the hot promos, and see what's new. The main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated and also lay the groundwork for even more overhaul, coming within the next few months together with many of the GOG Galaxy features. We hope you like it!

PS. Unfortunately, we need to drop some titles from our classic catalog. In such cases, we always do our best to give you an advance warning and a last chance to purchase such games - preferably with a considerable discount. Check this news post to find out which titles are being removed from our catalog, when will it happen, and what parting discounts for them do we currently offer.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by G-Doc
high rated
Ok, I've already complained about the new look (and no, I haven't got used to it, it still sucks), but now - after several days of using the new version of GOG - I have several more complaints about the overall experience. First of all - why, when I'm in my library, clicking on the "Search" takes me to the games list, rathen than just opening the damn search popup? Secondly, why do you mix games and movies together? I don't care about movies, just like 99% of GOG visitors I guess. Next one - I have bought a game (The Black Mirror) like a week ago, and now the game page is gone..

Overall, the new GOG absolutely sucks - I visited GOG daily, just because I liked it so much, but now I just can't stand it... What in the world have you done, this is one of the worst redesigns...
pkorzeniewski: Overall, the new GOG absolutely sucks - I visited GOG daily, just because I liked it so much, but now I just can't stand it... What in the world have you done, this is one of the worst redesigns...
+1
pkorzeniewski: Ok, I've already complained about the new look (and no, I haven't got used to it, it still sucks), but now - after several days of using the new version of GOG - I have several more complaints about the overall experience. First of all - why, when I'm in my library, clicking on the "Search" takes me to the games list, rathen than just opening the damn search popup?
This is a known bug on legacy pages (only "the main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated" to use the new site proper).

pkorzeniewski: Secondly, why do you mix games and movies together? I don't care about movies, just like 99% of GOG visitors I guess.
Go to: http://www.gog.com/games

pkorzeniewski: Next one - I have bought a game (The Black Mirror) like a week ago, and now the game page is gone..
The game has been removed from GOG, that's why it was on sale. Read the last paragraph of the first post.
Post edited September 03, 2014 by ChrisSD
high rated
The game pages should not be removed from the site when a game is pulled. I understand not wanting them to be listed with games for sale, but it should be simple enough to make the removed games less accessible. Don't let removed games show up in search results, only allow access to those pages when you are logged in, and make links to those pages on the library page.
high rated
I bet that GOG managers are standing firm with this DOWNGRADE since a lot of effort and resources have been spent, but they should really evaluate the damage that this can do to GOG. Let me give you a hint:

Old GOG: beautiful, faster, more usable, better readability = HAPPY users/buyers
New GOG: ugly, slower, features missing, bugs need fixing, (...) = UNHAPPY users/buyers

I have to say that although GOG says they listen to the community, they just pushed this UGLY BROKEN DOWNGRADE without previewing anything at all to us. Would they show us this design before it was implemented, the community would just say "WTF IS THAT? GET RID OF IT ASAP!" and no major development time would be wasted. Also, we (the users/buyers) would be much happier.

GOG, you still have the chance to prove that you listen to the community. It is dead simple: REVERT the changes!

BTW: being a lead web developer, I understand how hard it is to accept that a huge project/milestone is worthless, but we have to do what is best for the company/clients and in this case it is a simple decision...

Also, given that GOG is mainly an OLD GAMES site, you really should put more effort into securing OLD GAMES on the site's catalog (as well as adding some more, of course). Needless to say, removing OLD GAMES is again another downgrade for GOG.
Post edited September 03, 2014 by euricog
pkorzeniewski: Ok, I've already complained about the new look (and no, I haven't got used to it, it still sucks), but now - after several days of using the new version of GOG - I have several more complaints about the overall experience. First of all - why, when I'm in my library, clicking on the "Search" takes me to the games list, rathen than just opening the damn search popup?
ChrisSD: This is a known bug on legacy pages (only "the main page, catalog view, product pages, and checkout have been updated" to use the new site proper).
If this is a known bug, then how did it end on the production? Search is one of the most important features on a page like this and from my point of view - as a user - this is something that worked, and now doesn't.

pkorzeniewski: Secondly, why do you mix games and movies together? I don't care about movies, just like 99% of GOG visitors I guess.
ChrisSD: Go to: http://www.gog.com/games
I wasn't specific enough - I was thinking about the homepage. When I visited the old version, I hardly ever browsed games list - I just checked what's new and what's on sale on the home page, and if I wanted a specific game, I just used search.

pkorzeniewski: Next one - I have bought a game (The Black Mirror) like a week ago, and now the game page is gone..
ChrisSD: The game has been removed from GOG, that's why it was on sale. Read the last paragraph of the first post.
Just because a game is no longer available for sale doesn't mean the page - with all comments - has to be deleted as well. Just show a proper information.

Oh, and one more UI complaint - the screenshot viewing sucks, I have to click on each screen separately. In old version it worked way better.

I know all of the above can be fixed, but that's not the point - the point is that the new version broke a lot of important stuff that simply worked in the old version, without providing anything really useful.The design is a subjective matter, but from what you can read on the forum, almost everyone prefer the old version.
a new look gog that is much worse

well done!
Darklord666: I still have no prices on my wishlist. Is it abandoned forever ??? If so, the wishlist makes no sense for me anymore.

Bad move, GOG.
JudasIscariot: No, it's not abandoned forever. We are working on fixing this but it will take some time so forgive me if I cannot give you an ETA at this time :(
I forgive you and thanks for the heads up. It made me relief.
JudasIscariot: No, it's not abandoned forever. We are working on fixing this but it will take some time so forgive me if I cannot give you an ETA at this time :(
Darklord666: I forgive you and thanks for the heads up. It made me relief.
At least JudasIscariot is still there.
After all those "improvements" *cough* I feared he is gone too.
Just to make another oppionion heared:
I find the new design much more readable and much more appealing layout-wise.

For me it is clearly better than the old website.

I'm just posting this to counter the usual "i don't like it so i complain" and "i have no problem with it, so i'm silent" habit we all have.
Well I can now confirm that notifications now worked properly in Firefox 32.
Klumpen0815: At least JudasIscariot is still there.
After all those "improvements" *cough* I feared he is gone too.
Yeah if he were gone then this service would have really gone down the hill.
Post edited September 03, 2014 by Matruchus
pkorzeniewski: Ok, I've already complained about the new look (and no, I haven't got used to it, it still sucks), but now - after several days of using the new version of GOG - I have several more complaints about the overall experience. First of all - why, when I'm in my library, clicking on the "Search" takes me to the games list, rathen than just opening the damn search popup? Secondly, why do you mix games and movies together? I don't care about movies, just like 99% of GOG visitors I guess. Next one - I have bought a game (The Black Mirror) like a week ago, and now the game page is gone..

Overall, the new GOG absolutely sucks - I visited GOG daily, just because I liked it so much, but now I just can't stand it... What in the world have you done, this is one of the worst redesigns...
Same here.Don't like the new look so I visit less.The previous version was so much better.
jalister: The game pages should not be removed from the site when a game is pulled. I understand not wanting them to be listed with games for sale, but it should be simple enough to make the removed games less accessible. Don't let removed games show up in search results, only allow access to those pages when you are logged in, and make links to those pages on the library page.
Couldn't agree more, +1.
jalister: The game pages should not be removed from the site when a game is pulled. I understand not wanting them to be listed with games for sale, but it should be simple enough to make the removed games less accessible. Don't let removed games show up in search results, only allow access to those pages when you are logged in, and make links to those pages on the library page.
mmm an archive section for example , only accessible when customers are logged.
Just posted this in the "forum experience sticky"...

I've noticed since the new updates to the site that I can't log out of the site, when trying to log out from the forums. I can only successfully log out of the site from the main page. Just in case anyone else has noticed this...

Using Explorer 11 on a Win 7 64bit system.