It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 80% off some scurvy-free booty: Sid Meier's Pirates!, Port Royale, Space Pirates and Zombies, Tropico Reloaded, and more!

Welcome aboard, landlubbers! Ready to sail the Caribbean, get acquainted with sea monsters, and scrub the deck clean of our enemies' guts? It's easy: All you have to do is grab yourself a peg leg, let your halitosis run rampant, and learn to <span class="bold">Talk Like a Pirate</span>. Lessons for the uninitiated are now given below deck, for up to 80% off! Just ask for Flatnose Pete and show this token at the door, savvy?

If you haven't heard of Sid Meier's Pirates! by now, chances are you've been stranded in a desert island with no rum for a good while. Because that's a seminal swashbuckling experience filled with treasure, adventure, and pretty maidens waiting to be charmed off their bonnets.

Imagine the galaxy as an ocean of infinite possibilities, depth and… death. Space Pirates and Zombies roam freely here and your ever-growing fleet must make its way through all the procedurally generated threats in order to stop the undead infestation.

Not all pirates are smelly, bloodthirsty thugs with crooked teeth, though! Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is all about looking fabulous as you're sass-buckling and platforming alongside the titular genie and her sexy frenemy Risky Boots.

Put on your eyepatch, feed Polly a cracker, and join <span class="bold">Talk Like a Pirate Day</span>, where you can hook up with legendary buccaneers like the ones in: Port Royale, Corsairs Gold, Tropico Reloaded, and all the arrrrrthers!
The promo will last until September 23, 9:59 AM UTC.
Themken: I have for a long time been thinking of getting one of the Tropico games but totally unsure of which one to get. Now I am looking at a single one of them on sale so only need to choose buy/not buy and not pick one out of five... still hard
I've got the first 4 and they are incredibly fun. Depends on what you're looking for I guess but I'd recommend getting the entire series and starting with the first game.
Themken: I have for a long time been thinking of getting one of the Tropico games but totally unsure of which one to get. Now I am looking at a single one of them on sale so only need to choose buy/not buy and not pick one out of five... still hard
For this price I'd definitely recommend it if you like politics and managerial games, especially for the first one. The black humor just fits the setting, gameplay is addictive since there's always something to optimize and mission design is very diverse. There's one mission where you just need to earn enough money from tourism, in another you're shipwrecked and have to put money aside onto your Swiss bank account for each citizen, yet another mission just requires you to stay long enough in power without suspending elections.
However it's kinda hard and the learning curve is very steep. If you keep repeating one mission I'd suggest waiting for Tropico 3+4 to go on sale, since they basically slightly expand the same core mechanics while being more accessible.

Tropico 2 is an entirely other game that stands out from the series, since you're a pirate (or else it wouldn't be part of this promo :P) As you can imagine, It's focused on entertaining and expanding your crew, making prisoners to supply the economy and looting the Caribbean seas rather than politics and exporting goods. This game, unlike the first one, features a campaign with a flatter learning curve.

All in all, this is my favorite game series and if you have already considered buying this, you can't go wrong buying two great games for this price.
Post edited September 20, 2016 by HafenkaeseLP
i picked SHANTAE AND THE PIRATE'S CURSE this time, since i like Castlevania style games. Interesting game Shantae it is!
BispoSnake: AHOY :)
Some pirates should say "AEEEEHOOOO-Y" imho ;P
Start with the first one. The game already has all the basic game mechanisms of the series and is a lot of fun to play. The nice pixel graphics have aged well and still look good even today. It also is the cheapest. When you enjoy it you still can buy the other games later.
BispoSnake: AHOY :)
vicklemos: Some pirates should say "AEEEEHOOOO-Y" imho ;P
Goofy is a pirate?
vicklemos: Some pirates should say "AEEEEHOOOO-Y" imho ;P
zeogold: Goofy is a pirate?
Lol in here; shiver me timbers, matey. Dunno.
ARRRRRRRRR!
Post edited September 21, 2016 by vicklemos
Thanks, still why no Risen 2, Two Worlds 2 Pirates DLC?
Post edited September 21, 2016 by koima57
seed pls
RabidGears: I just wish that GOG had Cutthroats. The best pirate game imo =|
ME too
deleted