It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A cool-as-ice collection of THQ Nordic winners, up to 80% off!

Cold winters aren't the most welcome of seasons for a lot of people. But THQ Nordic's frosty collection of games never fails to warm our hearts. Our <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 9</span> is chock-full of them, featuring discounts that go up to -80%!

Recently Warmastered for another round of epic action/platforming and over-the-top mayhem, Darksiders tells the story of the gruffest Horseman of the Apocalypse as he sets out to clear his name. If he has to rough up some oversized bosses, solve wicked environmental puzzles, and slaughter hordes of demonic creatures to get the job done, well then so be it.

As another glorious return of a timeless kill-fest, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition still stands tall among its peers. Putting mythical creatures to the sword (or fireball) never stops being fun, whether you're clearing out a monster infestation in Greece, Egypt, or Asia.

As always, there's more – including The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, This is the Police, Aquanox, Desperados, The Dwarves, and many more!

The <span class="bold">Weekly Sale Vol. 9</span> will last until March 27, 5PM UTC.
omega64: I got stuck on the underwater level. So lost. :l
Grargar: I beat them, alright, but I got a headache afterwards. :/
Doesn't help that the game has no FOV setting.
I used a walkthrough but still couldn't find where to go once I got to a larger more open area where you have to find a hole.
Yeah the FOV doesn't help.
NinjaShadow24: Obligatory "is Darksiders 2 fixed yet?"
Otherwise it seems like a nice selection of games.
No, they're still working on the actual DX11/other fixes version far as I'm aware.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by omega64
groze: snip
omega64: snip
Thanks for letting me know. I might place it back on my wishlist.
@NinjaShadow24: I can recommend you Titan Quest.
It is really a very solid action/hack&slash/RPG type game!

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/31/titan-quest-anniversary-edition-free-update/#more-394131
moonshineshadow: Some nice games in there. Reminds me that I wanted to replay Desperados.
very good game i own 2 retail copies and they run on win 7 64bits, the game also ran under xp, which shows that if programmed correctly a game can run under new windows (minus awful 8x and the horrible win 10 spyware)

If all developers programmed more carefully, good games like Gorky 17 would run without having to resort to tools like dgVoodo just to make the game playable again.

as for the sales: good games

Items you own
Battle Worlds: Kronos (pretty weak, i expected something like c&c but c&c cant be copied cause its the best in its genre ( the classics, not the 3d rubbish)

my favorite point and click: The Black Mirror, Black Mirror 2, Black Mirror 3

favorite action game: Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive (2 retail copies)

i think i got these 2 games as a bundle , at sales: The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The Book of Unwritten Tales

The rest is 3d/fpp so no buy for me.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by gamesfreak64
Has anyone tried the "Codename Panzers" series? Are those games similar to the Blitzkrieg series?
I only played aquanox 1 pretty fine game to me when i played it back in the day.Never played 2 though,don't know how it is.Anyone played it?
gamesfreak64: Items you own
Battle Worlds: Kronos (pretty weak, i expected something like c&c but c&c cant be copied cause its the best in its genre ( the classics, not the 3d rubbish)
How can you compare a turn-based strategy game (Kronos) with real-time (C&C)?
Similar turn-based strategy games here on GOG are Battle Isle series and Massive Assault/Galactic Assault series.
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried the "Codename Panzers" series? Are those games similar to the Blitzkrieg series?
These are more arcade type of a real-time strategy games, so not really a simulation. But they are definitely fun and worth to play.

There is also a third games in the series (Cold War), but is not (yet?) available in GOG's library.
Post edited March 20, 2017 by OraEtLabora
Another weekly sale that i pass Vol. 9 .
Several good games here. :)
Hm... With only 10 games left on my wishlist GOG sales aren't all that exciting any more.

But that's fine, my wallet needs a rest. :D
gamesfreak64: Items you own
OraEtLabora: How can you compare a turn-based strategy game (Kronos) with real-time (C&C)?
Similar turn-based strategy games here on GOG are Battle Isle series and Massive Assault/Galactic Assault series.
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried the "Codename Panzers" series? Are those games similar to the Blitzkrieg series?
OraEtLabora: These are more arcade type of a real-time strategy games, so not really a simulation. But they are definitely fun and worth to play.

There is also a third games in the series (Cold War), but is not (yet?) available in GOG's library.
" How can you compare a turn-based strategy game (Kronos) with real-time (C&C)?
Similar turn-based strategy games here on GOG are Battle Isle series and Massive Assault/Galactic Assault series".

That is very easy, when i compare games i dont consider if the games are TBS or RTS
i compare the game itself and its story (if available).

Thats why i decided very quickly that c&c (classics) is the better one of the two.

Not al TBS games are bad, take Fallout classics and Jagged Alliance classics, i bought them once they came out on cd.
So usually i make up my mind very quick, and the fact i kinda 'grew up' with the old games doesnt mean i dont like new games, cause i do, but those are called casual games and thats a total different kind of game and they can't be compared with the real stuff like the real classic games , most of them were AAA games.
So every game can have its charm especially if they are so different: like AAA games and casual games (like hidden object games)
Post edited March 20, 2017 by gamesfreak64
gamesfreak64: That is very easy, when i compare games i dont consider if the games are TBS or RTS
i compare the game itself and its story (if available).

Thats why i decided very quickly that c&c (classics) is the better one of the two.

Not al TBS games are bad, take Fallout classics and Jagged Alliance classics, i bought them once they came out on cd.
So usually i make up my mind very quick, and the fact i kinda 'grew up' with the old games doesnt mean i dont like new games, cause i do, but those are called casual games and thats a total different kind of game and they can't be compared with the real stuff like the real classic games , most of them were AAA games.
So every game can have its charm especially if they are so different: like AAA games and casual games (like hidden object games)
Ok, very interesting perception.

I never ever compare different type of games to each other. And I also never compare AAA games to standard indie games, because I know, that most don't have big budget.

Off course in the last few years, there has much changed, because Kickstarter and othere similar platform have made posibble, to raise money for differnet ideas, likewise independent games. So these aren't really standard indie games anymore, when their budget can be more tens or hundred tousand dollars, not to speak of millions.

BTW: the Darksiders Franchise Pack has a much nicer discount on another store.
Painted_Doll: Another weekly sale that i pass Vol. 9 .
If i remember correct i have passed all of them aswell because i have so many good games and fpp/3d is not my style.
I also had to pass all the major sales this years cause i have everything i like, so i am still hoping that dozens of good games will come at once, not one game every thursday, but dozens , becuase that way i might have a chance to buy more good old games and there are tons of good old games out there.

Maybe i buy Full Throttle at 11.99 thats 3 euros off , the game is confirmed to be released at April 18th.
I have to think about it, i bought Caravan cause it looked cool and nice and good graphics after playing it turned out to be quite boring and i almost fell a sleep playing it.
OraEtLabora: These are more arcade type of a real-time strategy games, so not really a simulation. But they are definitely fun and worth to play.

Thanks for the info!
Most of the games are -75%, seems like good deals to me.