It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Something novel this way comes.

Look, trying out new things is not such a bad idea. Once in a blue moon, it can actually be a very good one. Incidentally, we're under one such phenomenon RIGHT NOW (not really). Uncanny.
Observe its unique properties through the lenses of our Weekly Sale, featuring a constellation of motley games you may or may not have been familiar with.

Offering an abundance of engaging activities and gameplay elements to dabble in, Crashlands remains consistently entertaining and rewarding whether you're crafting new powerful items, testing them on wacky enemies, or building a base to rest in.

Built around a strong narrative that diverts and evolves depending on surviving characters and player choices, Ash of Gods: Redemption offers beautifully animated turn-based encounters within a gritty fantasy world.

The Weekly Sale ends July 16, 10 PM UTC.
high rated
Highlights Based on Prior Sales:

New GoG Historic Low:
Ash of Gods: Redemption [25% off vs previous best 20% off]
Ash of Gods: Redemption Digital Deluxe Upgrade (DLC) [25% off vs previous best 20% off]
Even the Ocean [50% off vs previous best 40% off]
Even the Ocean Friend Pack (DLC) [50% off vs previous best 40% off]
Even the Ocean OST(DLC) [50% off vs previous best 40% off]
Phoning Home [75% off vs previous best 66% off]
Phoning Home OST (DLC) [75% off vs previous best 66% off]
Phoning Home Soundtrack Edition [75% off vs previous best 66% off]

First Time on Sale in 2018
Rebel Galaxy [75% off]

More details available:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CF-oBHAEZE6T8zlLaIbQsdOWv_8tpV-QbDOhGsehX_Q/edit?usp=sharing
I took a quick glance at all the top-rated games, and I saw a huge list of them all the way at the bottom that I already own. I think I have ALL of Arcen's games on GOG, which is awesome, because all of them work on old low-spec PC's. I thought I would be able to rest comfortably knowing I already have so many great games from this sale, but after that last thought about low-spec PC's crossed my mind, I had to check the system requirements for the other games that I don't have yet...and do you know what I found? MOER LLOWW SPEC GAMES!!!1!1one

Thus, my bank account gets smaller, as I compulsively buy games just so I can test them, and add them to my GOGmix list:

https://www.gog.com/mix/games_that_work_on_old_low_spec_pcs

Best of all, new low-spec games I don't already have! Thanks GOG!
For those who don't own it, I suggest DEX.
It is an excellent cyberpunk themed game with well written story and characters.
The gameplay is nice too.
badon: I took a quick glance at all the top-rated games, and I saw a huge list of them all the way at the bottom that I already own. I think I have ALL of Arcen's games on GOG, which is awesome, because all of them work on old low-spec PC's. I thought I would be able to rest comfortably knowing I already have so many great games from this sale, but after that last thought about low-spec PC's crossed my mind, I had to check the system requirements for the other games that I don't have yet...and do you know what I found? MOER LLOWW SPEC GAMES!!!1!1one

Thus, my bank account gets smaller, as I compulsively buy games just so I can test them, and add them to my GOGmix list:

Best of all, new low-spec games I don't already have! Thanks GOG!
I too am a notorious game hoarder, My collection here is over 640! I really need to learn to budget better as I'm dipping into my savings yet again for food, but goddammit; gog, you're sooo seductive with the sales!
Huh. Guess it's as good a time as any to add yet another game to the backlog. City of Abandoned Ships it is, then.
GR00T: Huh. Guess it's as good a time as any to add yet another game to the backlog. City of Abandoned Ships it is, then.
A wise choice. Very wise.
Has Phoning Home been patched to a playable state or should I remove it from my wishlist?

Tempted by Dex for sure. The demo showed a well made game but not sure I would ever get around to actually playing the game proper.
takezodunmer2005: I too am a notorious game hoarder, My collection here is over 640! I really need to learn to budget better as I'm dipping into my savings yet again for food, but goddammit; gog, you're sooo seductive with the sales!
My GOG account is my bank account. I make a deposit every time I buy something, and I make a withdrawal every time I have a good time playing one of my GOG games :)

Seriously, I literally do treat my food stash like a bank account. I buy when it's cheap, and don't buy when it's expensive. The money I save is nice, but having food security is a much better thing. If there is some disruption, I don't have to worry much about food or food prices. I store water too. Sometimes there is maintenance on a water line, and it doesn't bother me, because I have plenty. Everyone else is paying $1 per bottle of water.
takezodunmer2005: I too am a notorious game hoarder, My collection here is over 640! I really need to learn to budget better as I'm dipping into my savings yet again for food, but goddammit; gog, you're sooo seductive with the sales!
badon: My GOG account is my bank account. I make a deposit every time I buy something, and I make a withdrawal every time I have a good time playing one of my GOG games :)

Seriously, I literally do treat my food stash like a bank account. I buy when it's cheap, and don't buy when it's expensive. The money I save is nice, but having food security is a much better thing. If there is some disruption, I don't have to worry much about food or food prices. I store water too. Sometimes there is maintenance on a water line, and it doesn't bother me, because I have plenty. Everyone else is paying $1 per bottle of water.
Holy shit, that is me 100% I have dozens of 2-litre pop bottles filled with water stacked in my fridge and under my sink! (They're doing major contruction in my neighborhood right now) But yeah, I used to store a shit-tonne of food when I was literally working for my food at the food banks during the '08 crash!

But yeah, I really have bad self control though as I'm addicted to the aquisision of games more than that of playing them! I'll have to do better next time!... just after I get those last big titles coming up Darksiders 3 and a few on my wishli* Oh hell, who am I kidding!?
Themken: Has Phoning Home been patched to a playable state or should I remove it from my wishlist?

Tempted by Dex for sure. The demo showed a well made game but not sure I would ever get around to actually playing the game proper.
I have both, and yeah, PH has been patched, and dex is a pretty decent metRPGtrovania the fighting takes a bit of getting used to though...
Post edited July 10, 2018 by takezodunmer2005
badon: My GOG account is my bank account. I make a deposit every time I buy something, and I make a withdrawal every time I have a good time playing one of my GOG games :)

takezodunmer2005: Holy shit, that is me 100% I have dozens of 2-litre pop bottles filled with water stacked in my fridge and under my sink! (They're doing major contruction in my neighborhood right now) But yeah, I used to store a shit-tonne of food when I was literally working for my food at the food banks during the '08 crash!

But yeah, I really have bad self control though as I'm addicted to the aquisision of games more than that of playing them! I'll have to do better next time!... just after I get those last big titles coming up Darksiders 3 and a few on my wishli* Oh hell, who am I kidding!?
Just be glad your hobby is game collecting. You could have worse habits. Cocaine is much more expensive :) Are you on IRC? Freenode ##prepping is one channel I hang out in, but I have been neglecting it in favor of ##gaming lately. No surprise, haha. I'm waiting for Don't Starve Alone to go on sale on GOG, then I'm getting it, because I think of survival games as educational experiences. Even if they're not realistic, they do make it easy to get comfortable with prioritizing needs and resources.

I decided to get Project Zomboid a few days ago, because it doesn't go on sale very often, and although the pace of development is slow, it is still moving forward, and the consensus is it's worth the $8.99 price at its current level of development. It's not a low-spec game, unfortunately, so I will need to finish putting together my main PC with better gaming capability before I can play it.

After I finally accepted that I'm basically just collecting games, I felt more comfortable grabbing Project Zomboid even though I can't play it right now. It doesn't go on sale very often, and since I have so many games, I tend to be fickle in what I end up actually playing. Having new, interesting games available all the time is the biggest advantage for me as a fickle player. I can try a lot of different games until one catches my attention. Maybe sometime soon Project Zomboid will be one of those games.
takezodunmer2005: Holy shit, that is me 100% I have dozens of 2-litre pop bottles filled with water stacked in my fridge and under my sink! (They're doing major contruction in my neighborhood right now) But yeah, I used to store a shit-tonne of food when I was literally working for my food at the food banks during the '08 crash!

badon: Just be glad your hobby is game collecting. You could have worse habits. Cocaine is much more expensive :) Are you on IRC? Freenode ##prepping is one channel I hang out in, but I have been neglecting it in favor of ##gaming lately. No surprise, haha. I'm waiting for Don't Starve Alone to go on sale on GOG, then I'm getting it, because I think of survival games as educational experiences. Even if they're not realistic, they do make it easy to get comfortable with prioritizing needs and resources.

I decided to get Project Zomboid a few days ago, because it doesn't go on sale very often, and although the pace of development is slow, it is still moving forward, and the consensus is it's worth the $8.99 price at its current level of development. It's not a low-spec game, unfortunately, so I will need to finish putting together my main PC with better gaming capability before I can play it.

After I finally accepted that I'm basically just collecting games, I felt more comfortable grabbing Project Zomboid even though I can't play it right now. It doesn't go on sale very often, and since I have so many games, I tend to be fickle in what I end up actually playing. Having new, interesting games available all the time is the biggest advantage for me as a fickle player. I can try a lot of different games until one catches my attention. Maybe sometime soon Project Zomboid will be one of those games.
Ironically, I replaced my "pot/acid addiction" with Genesis/Snes many many moons ago! But yeah I was always a big-time collector as I had every domestically released RPG for Nes/Snes/Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/PS1/and only the first gen games for PS2...

Before I lost it all during the fallout in '00 with the dotcom crash in Seattle when unemployment was 20% So I had to sell my entire collection for... $200, measly dollars!

But that was before I learned the joys of emulation and PC gaming! (My emulated console collection well surpassed my originals!) Which I'm currently waiting for my win 10 Pro coming in the mail so I can FINALLY finish building my first ever custom rig; it's a Ryzen7 1800/GTX 1080/DDR4 32gb/EVGA platinum 80 fully modular 850W beastly bad-ass!

My old rig will still be of use as I may do a Linux build with it... It's still a respectable FX 8350/r9 290x/DDR3 32gb/**Thermaltake Gold Fully modular 750W (**Going on 8 fuckin' years!) Frankenstein'd cyber power PC build in its own right!
I sold all my books for about $200. Interesting coincidence the amount of money was the same as you.

The PC I'm using now for all my needs, including for gaming, was released in 2004. It's 14 years old. I'm thinking my next PC acquisitions will probably be a GPD WIN 2, and maybe a Xeon desktop. For now, I'm loving the fact I'm still getting a lot of value out of hardware investments that are older than many of the customers on this site! My PC specs are here:

It's portable, and I replaced all my hard-copy books with digital versions, and my scanned document collection is gargantuan compared to what had in the old hard-copy days. I have approximately 40'000 scans right now. I can usually find any random item within about 30 minutes if it's hidden somewhere or not categorized. If I had to search through 40'000 physical pages of paper, it would take me years to find anything. Everyone should do it this way.

I ended up in the odd position of needing to find an insignificant receipt from 3 years ago. No problem, I can do that!t Scan, then dump in the trash. I don't even bother to organize, because it's so easy to find stuff just by quickly scrolling through all the thumbnails.
Latest reviews for Interstellaria seem to be from 2015 ? Are they still accurate, or has the game evolved to something better since then ?
The game card of Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones Deluxe tells me that it includes Stealth Bastard, but does it also include the Teleporter Chambers DLC? Or do I still have to buy the Stealth Bastard Deluxe Complete Edition to get that DLC?
Post edited July 15, 2018 by eiii