It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Essential RPGs, adventures, action and strategy games for a fraction of the price.

How does that song go again? "I've got too many games, too many genres/ That I'll never meet….". Something like that.
Anyway, the point is in this day and age you've got to be selective because among the abundance of games on offer there are certain titles that you just don't want to miss out on. Well, this here Weekly Sale contains quite a few of those and their prices ain't to be sneered at neither.

RPG buffs who don't mind some gooey turn-based core in their delicious cyberpunk brownie should absolutely treat themselves to the recent Shadowrun trilogy. Those who want to feel less ambivalent about the ethics of their actions can go on a long quest of salvation through Oddworld, a gloomy but whimsical place full of clever puzzles, peculiar inhabitants, and questionable snacks. To the thinkers in our midst, we suggest they try the strategic challenges posed by Democracy or by the mysteries faced by George and Nico during their globetrotting Broken Sword adventures.

The Weekly Sale will last until December 4, 11 PM UTC.
It seems very silly to use crappy custom forum software when there are many much better solutions available. A forum that can't post? Yeah, it was probably a bad decision to not use real forum software. I recommend SMF. It's BSD licensed, so GOG can take it and do whatever they want with it.

Now, here's my complaint. The links in the news/blog post are practically invisible. They look so pretty, they blend in seamlessly, but that's not your goal. Your goal is to sell me games. I have normal eyesight, and if I can't figure out where the games are that you're talking about, then you have failed. Now imagine a customer that has diminished eyesight. The gray-on-gray colors of this forum are unnecessarily hard to read.
Attachments:
Finally caught 1nsane, thanks GOG! <3
Risingson: Tried to post this in the Larry forum but the window gets stuck and the message is never sent
HunchBluntley: That's a forum bug. The Edit window hangs when you click "post", but the thread is still created (there is sometimes a slight delay for new threads showing up). It affects any post starting a new topic. Your threads are all there (all 4 of 'em). : )
But I refreshed the page to check if it was already posted! Or I thought I did....

Thanks

About the sale: guys, get the Larry games. I started replaying the sixth one yesterday and yes, of course, extremely sexist, but at the same time very well written. Larry 6 is to me a kind of Blake Edwards' "10" but made adventure with great puzzles.
Thanks Dear GOG !
I must say I'm intrigued by Gog's sudden obsession with bunny rabbits.

I love Broken Sword and have all of the games in the series from a previous sale. This adventure game is challenging and entertaining to me.
Risingson: I tried to attach a sample png but when clicking "post my message" the css breaks and the message is never sent... after 10 minutes I cancelled.
If the file extension was in upper case it probably has something to do with a recent change GOG made to the forum software. Make sure the extension is in lower-case letters, and check this link for instructions if you need any (and the link within that link for my daily dose of confusion):
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/attachments_not_working/post4.

You wouldn't happen to be a fellow Massive Attack fan, would you? :)
Post edited November 30, 2017 by Lemon_Curry
I backed SR Hong Kong it offers the closest experience to near end of tabletop 3.5e timeline near matrix crash event and you meet and hear of some personalities from lore.