It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

After civilization and society are left in ruins you are left with only one thing to do – survival. The latest Weekly Sale on GOG.COM features some shocking post-apo games up to 90% off. Here are a few of them:

ATOM RPG: Post-apocalyptic indie game (-40%) is a turn-based roleplaying game. As one of the survivors of the nuclear Holocaust, you must explore the world of the Soviet Wasteland.

Frostpunk (-60%) is a strategy simulation game set in a frozen world, where people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold.

Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition (-75%) is a sequel to the classic RPG from 1988. Join Desert Rangers and try to restore order in post-war America.

That’s not all, check out other discounted post-apo games, like This War of Mine: Complete Edition (-70%) or The Technomancer (-66%). This Weekly Sale on GOG.COM will last until 18th May, 1 PM UTC.
*sorry, I'm not sure about my answer*
Post edited May 12, 2020 by DubConqueror
IronArcturus: I see. Also, does the game allow the user to save at any time? Or does it use checkpoints?
Checkpoints, my friend. Every time you enter a new dock or leave (or use a sleeping site) it it will save so you can quit the game and return later. Death will take you back all the way to where you first entered that particular region (section of river).

The point being you don't want to die in the game because it's very penalising.
I wonder why The Technomancer is part of the sale but Mars: War Logs isn't. I've read two different claims about how they are connected. One says they are set in two very similar timelines while the other says The Technomancer is a prequel to Mars: War Logs but it either case the setting of both games is post-apocalyptic.
Braggadar: Checkpoints, my friend. Every time you enter a new dock or leave (or use a sleeping site) it it will save so you can quit the game and return later. Death will take you back all the way to where you first entered that particular region (section of river).
Thanks for the info!