It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A key event industry event year in, year out, GAMESCOM 2018 is here!

The biggest European video game event sees the future of the industry brought to the masses for a few days. While not everyone can be there, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t miss out on some video game related joy. That’s where our sale comes in.

Offering a mix of cult hits and classic titles, there’s something for everyone. It’s also the perfect excuse to try something new, even if it’s decades old!

Gamescom 2018 Celebration Sale
Would be nice to some day visit GamesCon but a nice sale is an alright consolation.

<off to look at cost for entrance fees and flight tickets>
The usual clickbait blurb "Special Promo: Frostpunk, Battletech, SWAT 4 and other up to 75%".

Really, could you stop writing such offers which are not true in any way? The real discount is 15% (for Frostpunk) and 30%/40% (for Battletech (deluxe))....
Post edited August 21, 2018 by coffeecup
Gamescom, good old gamescom, read about it years ago already in pc gameplaymagazines ( paper versions ofcourse) thanks but its not for me, majority of games are, have been and will be not my kind of games, the game i liked are old and gone and they are never coming back.

Anyway the current games are dozens of shooters, VR, FPP, racing etc etc etc... i'm mostly interested in old games but they (can't) dont/ aren't able to develop those anymore , sure there are dozen fallout clones but i dont like them, cause its not fallout, jagged alliance, commandos ( and many more) as i know them so i stick to good old games and will buy tons of casual games due to lack of real good classic games being developed, games that try have the wrong engine ( 3d/fpp/ and lots of zooming/rotating plus the engines make every object shine like its silver , it looks very sterile and metallic, the animations move like sims puppets waggling the arms.

I have Thimbleweed, the rest is not my style.
Post edited August 21, 2018 by gamesfreak64
Ah, yes...Gamescom...where you wait for hours in queues, constrained between sweating teenagers, and bombarded by obnoxious loud music, just to maybe get the opportunity to play five minutes of a game, that won't come out for several months - or not at all. And often only, to find that you don't like it.

I rather watch the videos on YT.

;o)
gamesfreak64: Gamescom, good old gamescom, read about it years ago already in pc gameplaymagazines ( paper versions ofcourse) thanks but its not for me, majority of games are, have been and will be not my kind of games, the game i liked are old and gone and they are never coming back.

Anyway the current games are dozens of shooters, VR, FPP, racing etc etc etc... i'm mostly interested in old games but they (can't) dont/ aren't able to develop those anymore , sure there are dozen fallout clones but i dont like them, cause its not fallout, jagged alliance, commandos ( and many more) as i know them so i stick to good old games and will buy tons of casual games due to lack of real good classic games being developed, games that try have the wrong engine ( 3d/fpp/ and lots of zooming/rotating plus the engines make every object shine like its silver , it looks very sterile and metallic, the animations move like sims puppets waggling the arms.

Minimi announced Desperados 3. Pretty excited about that one, given how great their Shadow Tactics game and how brilliant the first Desperados game was. Both being so incredibly close to the Commandos gameplay I'm pretty sure you'll like it too!

I'm just hoping GOG will feature it whenever it comes out.
BreOl72: Ah, yes...Gamescom...where you wait for hours in queues, constrained between sweating teenagers, and bombarded by obnoxious loud music, just to maybe get the opportunity to play five minutes of a game, that won't come out for several months - or not at all. And often only, to find that you don't like it.

;o)
This. I was just once there and tried Singularity - yes, it has been a while - and learned that they didn't even had mouse and keyboards but only gamepads. I guess games conventions are not really for people like me...
BreOl72: Ah, yes...Gamescom...where you wait for hours in queues, constrained between sweating teenagers, and bombarded by obnoxious loud music, just to maybe get the opportunity to play five minutes of a game, that won't come out for several months - or not at all. And often only, to find that you don't like it.

;o)
At least the good memories of short queues died with the Games Convention which was much better anyway (screw Gamescom).
gamesfreak64: Gamescom, good old gamescom, read about it years ago already in pc gameplaymagazines ( paper versions ofcourse) thanks but its not for me, majority of games are, have been and will be not my kind of games, the game i liked are old and gone and they are never coming back.

grimgroove: Minimi announced Desperados 3. Pretty excited about that one, given how great their Shadow Tactics game and how brilliant the first Desperados game was. Both being so incredibly close to the Commandos gameplay I'm pretty sure you'll like it too!

I'm just hoping GOG will feature it whenever it comes out.
Ah. That explains the 50% discount on Shadow Tactics. Thanks!
coffeecup: The usual clickbait blurb "Special Promo: Frostpunk, Battletech, SWAT 4 and other up to 75%".
Oh, come on, it's nothing wrong. Actually the best game on the list has exactly -75% discount.
And, to be honest, what number should they mention in blurb - "and other games 10% and more?"? ;)