It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spend some time with unforgettable classics.

This Weekly Sale on GOG.COM is dedicated to games published by Activision. Get games like Caesar™ IV (-40%), Phantasmagoria (-35%), SWAT 4: Gold Edition (-50%), and more before the sale ends on 19th July 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
eiii: ...
Exactly the same here. I always think: maybe this time?...
Always the same old games, always the same weak discounts, you suck Activision.
eiii: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Exactly the same here. I always think: maybe this time?...
Me too, but I'm starting to think that the only way we're getting better % off for the games are either through those bundles where one gets bigger discounts the more games they own/buy or through a newsletter discount.
I have a surprising number of these titles already on my wishlist. In fact, many have been on my wishlist for a long time... likely owing to the fact that their discounts are typically shyte, sale after sale. Needless to say, I'll be waiting to see how the next sale looks.
high rated
When I read Activision sale I wonder when the Call of Duty games come to GOG. Surely they could release older titles like Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, CoD World at War, CoD 4 Modern Warfare, CoD Modern Warfare 2, CoD Modern Warfare 3 and CoD Black Ops here?
bluethief: Sigh, Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2 still 35% off only.
The waiting continues, then.
Same here
Why should they bring more games here when no one buys their overpriced stuff? It's not like they read comments on some news item from a random shop that sells their stuff. They graciously allow these amazing discounts periodically and don't get enough sales to warrant any more attention.

That's what I imagine is going on at Activision.
Ashnak: They graciously allow these amazing discounts periodically and don't get enough sales to warrant any more attention.
Well, if that's the case, maybe they should try harder; not regarding their pricing (totally fine with it myself) but more in regard to their game selection on GOG. Some attention on their behalf will surely increase the attention among the GOG customers, I'm willing to bet. And if we're talking about the Call of Duty series, that would be top stuff to see here!

Having said that, I'm still waiting for Rogue Spear which is to be found nowhere digitally (AFAIK) for some reason...
alexandros050: Is there anything wrong with activision games here in GOG (except for the high prices?)
The problem is that some publishers don't understand that youngsters aren't really interested that much of games that could be classified as old and outdated. Especially the pixel art ones from the DOS / floppy disc era. You know, the ones you can play with an emulator if you don't happen to have relevant harware lying around.

Now don't get me wrong, I do appreciate that these games haven't been forgotten and that they can still be bought. The thing is though that no one really have to buy them in order to play them. I'm sure that most people, like me, who would be interested in them, already own them. This means that most would really be interested in the privilege to simply have them in their Gog library (and maybe some extra goodies). I don't think that anyone would want to spend too much on that privilege alone.

It's bit different story with the CD era games that can't be run on latest operating system. Those games (at least some of them) probably needed some extra work put in in order to get them to run on win 10. That would make me understand if they have slightly higher price tag. Slightly, that is, and not extortionist rates they have right now. I believe that those ugly and uncanny early 3D graphics are somewhat being fetishised by some. But anyone with such kinks can easily replicate those graphics with low effort. There are even tutorials how to do precisely that. So yet again, not something anyone would spend a lot on. At least that's what I think.

But I MUST be wrong. Because every marketer knows that the greater the discount the bigger the sales. The trick is not to have too big of a discount in order not to cut into your own profits. And if the sale numbers are bad then increase the discount. Right? This is common practice. Which means that there are masses of idiots with too much money to spend on nonsense.

In conclusion - this is not even Activisions fault. - Look at Ziccurat or even Blizzard. Holy fuck, look at Blizzard. It's not like they are any worse than Activision. They simply have armies of fanboys with excess money simply lying around.

This is why I gave up already some time ago and removed all games from my wishlist that bothered me with pointless spam. Afterall, there's no point arguing with fanboys.
ConanTheBald: But I MUST be wrong. Because every marketer knows that the greater the discount the bigger the sales. The trick is not to have too big of a discount in order not to cut into your own profits. And if the sale numbers are bad then increase the discount. Right? This is common practice. Which means that there are masses of idiots with too much money to spend on nonsense.
Eh, Activision execs are gonna find a way to follow your reasoning and still end with the idea that what we need is higher base prices or lower discounts in the next sale.

ConanTheBald: In conclusion - this is not even Activisions fault. - Look at Ziccurat or even Blizzard. Holy fuck, look at Blizzard. It's not like they are any worse than Activision. They simply have armies of fanboys with excess money simply lying around.
Technically, Blizzard IS Activision. Both companies performed a fusion dance a while ago and merged into a gestalt entity that managed to retain the worst aspects of each one, jacked up to eleven.
ConanTheBald: Snip
You said it man! They might come with some plan B, where they inflate base prices to allow higher % discounts, but in the end we would pay the same or more even, like joppo said. Some of these games base prices are rather inflated already.

About the early uncanny 3d graphics, I really disliked most of them back then (like Fade to black, I dare say Ecstatica too - they had gorgeous boxart/concept art, but hardware, tools and skills weren't there yet to realize the vision to its full potential, etc.), or some absolutely terrible 3d cgi cinematics that haunt me to this day, which were pushed onto any game on CD just to be able to boast about cinematics, or how much space it took on a drive. However eventually I got to re-appreciate some of the ps1 era 3d graphics. When the design and art direction was strong, they shone through those chunky polygons and made best use of limited 3d hardware of that time.

Regarding Blizzard, I wish they would release more games here, but it seems they won't do Diablo2 nor Warcraft3 because of their remakes. W3 reforged regardless of its quality has a classic mode, so that lowers the chance of releasing the classic versions here I would think. It's monkey business when it comes to these corporations - probably it's the same "mastermind" from Activision calling the shots, coming up with these sale strategies to fulfill the masterplan.
I'm still baffled as to why Activision increased the price of TimeShift here. You can grab the game when it goes on sale on Steam for like £3 (its currently £7.09 on sale) and you can also grab the CD version for less than both of them then just patch the game to run without the CD and it runs fine under Windows 10.
I'm still hoping for
Prototype
Prototype 2
Post edited July 18, 2021 by Ice_Mage